On Recent Events

JSweeney

CAGiversary!
I've recieved the PM back from CheapyD, and it is his decision that it is ok for me to say. Though I really don't have much to say right now, I just wanted to post to try to at least chill the emnity that is flying around. (As has been seen in the TWO OTTs (!!!) in the past day and corruption in quite a few more posts)

Please, everyone, try to be kind to each other.
Let the OTTers run free.
Let the "stonecutters/illuminati/etc" have thier fun and maintain thier belief they run the board.

Please, everyone, also lay off the mods. They're just doing thier job, as unpopular as that may be. I'd like to thank them and CheapyD for keeping this place under at least a modicum of control even in the most absurd circumstances.

I agree with you....but dude, you were partly responsible for those absurd circumstances (w/o pointing fingers, among many others). Now everyone stop whinning already, it's getting old.

[quote name='magforce x']I agree with you....but dude, you were partly responsible for those absurd circumstances (w/o pointing fingers, among many others). Now everyone stop whinning already, it's getting old.[/QUOTE]

Of course I was. I'm not trying to hide from that.
But I saw the madness that went on last night, and I don't want the board ripped apart of something touched by my own stupidity.

I don't think this will "chill the enmity". However, I look forward towhen enough time has passed that that happens.

I also hope Lina comes back. She was overreacting a bit

[quote name='Moxio']It's the sweenster!? Woo![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too enthused.
I'm keeping my word that I'd return so long as it was good with CheapyD, but that's about it.

I don't want to randomly throw bile and venom around the board, and it's going to take a little while before I think that's really going to be possible.

Lessons Learned:

1. Secret Boards are a bad idea.
2. The Halo 2 clan boards have become a defacto secret board.
3. People don't care to be spoken for, but don't seem to care to speak to the
person being thier mouthpiece.
4. Sticking your neck out for people tends to lead to you getting your own head
cut off.

Yeah, I was amazed at what that thread morphed into. I posted to it early on just to throw in my two cents that the ignore feature is great if you want it, even though I don't have anyone on ignore myself. I checked back later in the day and was kind of stunned at the pages and pages of anger that had come out in the thread.

So even though I wasn't a part of the enmity flying around and really have no beef with anybody on these boards, I just wanted to say it's always nice to see cooler heads prevail. I didn't read all of the flamewar, so I don't know the full story of who said what, but I applaud the attempt at an olive branch (or at least group civility) that this thread seems to be about. Also, I agree with you JSweeney that people should give the mods a break. I'm sure there are times when it's a real pain in the ass job, and they and Cheapy don't get the appreciation they deserve most of the time.

[quote name='JSweeney']I wouldn't be too enthused.
I'm keeping my word that I'd return so long as it was good with CheapyD, but that's about it.

I don't want to randomly throw bile and venom around the board, and it's going to take a little while before I think that's really going to be possible.

Lessons Learned:

1. Secret Boards are a bad idea.
2. The Halo 2 clan boards have become a defacto secret board.
3. People don't care to be spoken for, but don't seem to care to speak to the
person being thier mouthpiece.
4. Sticking your neck out for people tends to lead to you getting your own head
cut off.[/QUOTE]
You know what?...Internet drama is stupid. But, you know what else?...fuck it.

Why don't you just leave when you say you are going to leave? Now, you come back and you're stirring shit up again.

Why do you act like the Halo clan boards are some sort of secret society that does nothing but plot our next actions out? Do you think we have some sort of "hey, whose a fucking fag on the CAG boards?" discussion in our forum? Don't try and convince all the members of this site that the Clan forums are something that they're not. Here's a pic of the current happenings in the "super secret society" forums.
caghalo.jpg

Another thing, why are you making some issue out of Jimmie speaking on our behalf? I have no qualms over saying that I gave Jimmie quite a bit of encouragement to post what we discussed...And I still stand behind what he said no matter how distasteful some of you thought it was. He's just saying the shit you're too afraid to say. But you don't have to say anything Sweeney, you made it obvious enough when you decided to take the bullets for Lina and stand up for her. Go ahead and act valiant, just don't try and make us believe that you don't do the things you do because you fantasize about getting in the pants of some girl that you'll never meet over the internet.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You know what?...Internet drama is stupid. But, you know what else?...fuck it.

Why don't you just leave when you say you are going to leave? Now, you come back and you're stirring shit up again.

Why do you act like the Halo clan boards are some sort of secret society that does nothing but plot our next actions out? Do you think we have some sort of "hey, whose a fucking fag on the CAG boards?" discussion in our forum? Don't try and convince all the members of this site that the Clan forums are something that they're not. Here's a pic of the current happenings in the "super secret society" forums.
caghalo.jpg

Another thing, why are you making some issue out of Jimmie speaking on our behalf? I have no qualms over saying that I gave Jimmie quite a bit of encouragement to post what we discussed...And I still stand behind what he said no matter how distasteful some of you thought it was. He's just saying the shit you're too afraid to say. But you don't have to say anything Sweeney, you made it obvious enough when you decided to take the bullets for Lina and stand up for her. Go ahead and act valiant, just don't try and make us believe that you don't do the things you do because you fantasize about getting in the pants of some girl that you'll never meet over the internet.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to hear me?
Put me on ignore. There's a reason CheapyD wanted the fuctionality.

I mean really.. What are you going to do about it... go run to JimmieMac and have him demand that I go back on Xbox live so he can sit there a prattle on like a third teir wrestler in a developmental league, straining his brain to try and cut a promo on a someone? All of this strutting and posturing just so that he can make up for his lack of knowledge and vocabulary with volume and obsenity? Hmmm. That sounds like how me posts... hmm.. Can you see a pattern forming?

Sweeney, dont fuck around with the clan, or just get the fuck out of here. Dont bitch about the clan forum if you have no idea whats goin on there. If youre gonna leave, leave and stay the fuck away. You and your OTT buddies have the OTT and we have the Clan Forum. Just because you cant read the forum, doesnt mean you can assume what we are saying in there. WE play halo, we talk, and most of us play more than just halo. Unlike you OTT guys who dont even know for sure that you all are guys, or that you all are over the age of 10.

Nobody needs your ass to stand up for them, its the damn internet. You wanna help people help someone outside of your house in the real world on something useful. Lina didnt ask for your help, nor did she need it.

So if youre gonna leave, get fuckin to it. I sure as hell dont give a damn if you leave, or any of you OTTers do.

[quote name='Murcielago77']Sweeney, dont fuck around with the clan, or just get the fuck out of here. Dont bitch about the clan forum if you have no idea whats goin on there. If youre gonna leave, leave and stay the fuck away. You and your OTT buddies have the OTT and we have the Clan Forum. Just because you cant read the forum, doesnt mean you can assume what we are saying in there. WE play halo, we talk, and most of us play more than just halo. Unlike you OTT guys who dont even know for sure that you all are guys, or that you all are over the age of 10.

Nobody needs your ass to stand up for them, its the damn internet. You wanna help people help someone outside of your house in the real world on something useful. Lina didnt ask for your help, nor did she need it.

So if youre gonna leave, get fuckin to it. I sure as hell dont give a damn if you leave, or any of you OTTers do.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Knowledge and vocabularly trying to be compensated for by volume and obscenity. What a shock.

[quote name='JSweeney']Don't want to hear me?
Put me on ignore. There's a reason CheapyD wanted the fuctionality.[/QUOTE]
Don't like what Jimmie has to say? Don't like the fact that there is a forum that you don't have access to? Ignore us.

You can say you're ignoring someone all you want, but you're still gonna try and get that last word in edge-wise in the end.

I have no problem reading to what you have to say, but I don't like the fact that you have to talk down to all the members of the Halo 2 clan and spread rumors about the forums that aren't true. If you want keep stirring shit up, I'll take every opportunity I have to defend the people you are defaming that weren't involved in this situation. I won't ignore you because I have nothing to hide from, if you want to ignore me though, that's all up to you.

[quote name='JSweeney']Hmm. Knowledge and vocabularly trying to be compensated for by volume and obscenity. What a shock.[/QUOTE]

and i dont care

just wondering, how old do you think i am?

Something tells me this thread is going to downhill quickly, unfortunately.

I'd love to see you stay, JSweeney. You're one of the most articulate and intelligent posters on the board. Still...it's your call.

All I know is that this probably isn't over just yet.

"Blubbering is when you're crying so hard that when you try to talk it comes out like A BLOOOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOOOOOOO!" - Teodor Orezscu

[quote name='JSweeney']Hmm. Knowledge and vocabularly trying to be compensated for by volume and obscenity. What a shock.[/QUOTE]

They have a point, this isn't about them.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Don't like what Jimmie has to say? Don't like the fact that there is a forum that you don't have access to? Ignore us.

You can say you're ignoring someone all you want, but you're still gonna try and get that last word in edge-wise in the end.

I have no problem reading to what you have to say, but I don't like the fact that you have to talk down to all the members of the Halo 2 clan and spread rumors about the forums that aren't true. If you want keep stirring shit up, I'll take every opportunity I have to defend the people you are defaming that weren't involved in this situation. I won't ignore you because I have nothing to hide from, if you want to ignore me though, that's all up to you.[/QUOTE]

If JimmieMac mistakenly included you into a class you didn't wish to be included in,
I wholehearedly appologize. I've appologized to 2 or 3 other members of the Halo 2 clan already. In fact, I'll say it right here... If you are in the Halo 2 clan, and had nothing to do with what Jimmie Mac said, I apologize. I was entirely out of line to attack you. My intention is to attack the group, not the people, as JimmieMac has stated that what he's said is the will of the group. If that is wrong, I am terribly sorry. If I have offended you personally, I am sorry.

You too, Ugamer_X.
If you weren't part and party to this, and are offended because I attacked the group, I am sorry.

I have a few hypothetial questions:

Why did you make this thread?

Why did you make this thread a mere day after you sang your CAG swan song?

Why did you say you were leaving in the first place?

Do you realize that making a big comeback a mere day after saying your big goodbye sets all new levels of lamedom?

Really, this is the lamest thing ever to come from lameville. If you're staying, then stay. If you're leaving, then leave. Stop trying to stir shit up, and stop looking for people to beg you to stay. It looks pathetic, and I guarantee you that only a handful of people care either way.

The only thing I care about is having to sift through the 30 new high-school slap-fight topics that were created in the past 48 hours.

If you're young, then grow up. If you're old, then act your age. Either way, it's time to change.

I have a few hypothetial questions:

Do you realize that making a big comeback a mere day after saying your big goodbye sets all new levels of lamedom?

Really, this is the lamest thing ever to come from lameville. If you're staying, then stay. If you're leaving, then leave. Stop trying to stir shit up, and stop looking for people to beg you to stay. It looks pathetic, and I guarantee you that only a handful of people care either way.

The only thing I care about is having to sift through the 30 new high-school slap-fight topics that were created in the past 48 hours.

If you're young, then grow up. If you're old, then act your age. Either way, it's time to change, because the bullshit is making it tough to breathe around here.

[quote name='zionoverfire']They have a point, this isn't about them.[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends. All of thing JimmieMac said, he stated were the will of the Halo 2 clan. If he usurped that authority without the right now, I'm sorry to all the members of the Halo 2 clan for unnecessarily dragging them into this.

Could one of the members please tell me if this is the case?
If it is, I'll gladly not mention the Halo 2 clan in this anymore.

[quote name='JSweeney']Don't want to hear me?
Put me on ignore. There's a reason CheapyD wanted the fuctionality.

I mean really.. What are you going to do about it... go run to JimmieMac and have him demand that I go back on Xbox live so he can sit there a prattle on like a third teir wrestler in a developmental league, straining his brain to try and cut a promo on a someone? All of this strutting and posturing just so that he can make up for his lack of knowledge and vocabulary with volume and obsenity? Hmmm. That sounds like how me posts... hmm.. Can you see a pattern forming?[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm, dodging the content of a post through well-versed personal attacks...Bravo.

[quote name='JSweeney']Well, it depends. All of thing JimmieMac said, he stated were the will of the Halo 2 clan. If he usurped that authority without the right now, I'm sorry to all the members of the Halo 2 clan for unnecessarily dragging them into this.

Could one of the members please tell me if this is the case?
If it is, I'll gladly not mention the Halo 2 clan in this anymore.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? The Halo 2 clan has nothing to do with any of this. If you want to beat a dead horse that's fine but there is no reason to drag a whole group of other people into this pointlessness.

[quote name='evilmax17']I have a few hypothetial questions:

If you're young, then grow up. If you're old, then act your age. Either way, it's time to change, because the bullshit is making it tough to breathe around here.[/QUOTE]

There is some truth there.
Here, basically, is the flow of events.

The first post wasn't intended as a swan song...
After being "talked to at loud volumes" by JimmieMac and a couple of members of the Halo 2 clan, they made it abundantly clear I was not wanted here.
I noticed that CheapyD was in attendence, so I PM'd him.
I made that post, logged of, and awaited his PM.
He said that is was fine that I stay, so I posted this this morning, after reading through and seeing multiple threads being trampled by arguments.
Unfortunately, due to my own weakness, I was dragged back in to the agrument in this thread.

It is a destructive cycle, and it is immature.
I really should know better.
I'm sorry for having wasted your time.

As I have seen via PM that the majority of the Halo 2 clan had nothing to do with this, I apologize to them as well. Despite thier name being invoked by people throughout the course of the arguments, its wrong to drag all of them into the situation.

[quote name='evilmax17']I have a few hypothetial questions:

If you're young, then grow up. If you're old, then act your age. Either way, it's time to change, because the bullshit is making it tough to breathe around here.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why everyone gets so worked up over it. JSweeney, bless his soul, is a big huge drama queen. He's the guy who said, without irony mind you "Hell, since you're all dead set on crucifying me anyway, you should all probably go get yourself a cross, some spikes, and a crown of thorns while your at it." That was more than a year ago, so it's well established behavior. Was there some amnesia ray that erased everyone's memories of his love for grandstanding or something? Jeez. Just don't respond. As was said earlier, he loves to have the last word. That's not bad, most people do. Just let him, so that he can get back to more productive posting; He makes good points a lot of the time, so why keep pressing the buttons that lead to this forum sewage?

I'll tell you right now, the Halo 2 clan has nothing to do with this and should be left out of further discussion.

[quote name='jmcc']I don't know why everyone gets so worked up over it. JSweeney, bless his soul, is a big huge drama queen. He's the guy who said, without irony mind you "Hell, since you're all dead set on crucifying me anyway, you should all probably go get yourself a cross, some spikes, and a crown of thorns while your at it." That was more than a year ago, so it's well established behavior. Was there some amnesia ray that erased everyone's memories of his love for grandstanding or something? Jeez. Just don't respond. As was said earlier, he loves to have the last word. That's not bad, most people do. Just let him, so that he can get back to more productive posting; He makes good points a lot of the time, so why keep pressing the buttons that lead to this forum sewage?[/QUOTE]

You're right.
I really should know better, and not let myself continue to be dragged into these things.

[quote name='zewone']I'll tell you right now, the Halo 2 clan has nothing to do with this and should be left out of further discussion.[/QUOTE]

I believe you, and I will not be speaking of them again, except in favorable terms.
I have recieved a multitude of polite PMs from many members of the clan, and from the appearence of it, the are all stand up guys. I deeply appologize for having drawn all of you into this.

I'm sorry for blindly striking at them, based only on what JimmieMac said.
I really should have asked a couple members of the clan before launching into them.
I'm sorry if I have offended any of you.

*insert irony that jsweeny gets the last word*

heehee...

aw, shucks, don't leave, you sing the songs that make the world go round! (or something like that). what's a good anything without it's own personal Bard? =P

[quote name='JSweeney']If JimmieMac mistakenly included you into a class you didn't wish to be included in,
I wholehearedly appologize. I've appologized to 2 or 3 other members of the Halo 2 clan already. In fact, I'll say it right here... If you are in the Halo 2 clan, and had nothing to do with what Jimmie Mac said, I apologize. I was entirely out of line to attack you. My intention is to attack the group, not the people, as JimmieMac has stated that what he's said is the will of the group. If that is wrong, I am terribly sorry. If I have offended you personally, I am sorry.

You too, Ugamer_X.
If you weren't part and party to this, and are offended because I attacked the group, I am sorry.[/QUOTE]
Let me clear some of this up real quick...There's a good 40-50 people involved in the halo 2 clan. They shouldn't be involved in this situation...

As far as I go, I don't need an apology because I was involved the moment Jimmie mentioned my name...The reason I posted was to back up my integrity and not get placed into a group labeled "cronies" or a group of having to have someone mouth off for me. You had attacked Jimmie for not knowing if people wanted him to speak on their behalf...I'm making it very clear that if Jimmie is saying something for me, I'm not sitting there like a lame duck that has no idea what's going on.

With this, I consider the matter closed.
I hope the Halo 2 clan finds my apologies acceptable.
Zion, Kayden and Masha, I apologize for dragging your name into anything after our arguments have been completed.
CheapyD, I'm sorry for having wasted so much bandwidth on this.

Anyone with any further grievances, please try to keep them contained to this thread.
I don't want to polute the boards any further with this.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Let me clear some of this up real quick...There's a good 40-50 people involved in the halo 2 clan. They shouldn't be involved in this situation...

As far as I go, I don't need an apology because I was involved the moment Jimmie mentioned my name...The reason I posted was to back up my integrity and not get placed into a group labeled "cronies" or a group of having to have someone mouth off for me. You had attacked Jimmie for not knowing if people wanted him to speak on their behalf...I'm making it very clear that if Jimmie is saying something for me, I'm not sitting there like a lame duck that has no idea what's going on.[/QUOTE]

I can appreciate that.
I do hope this satisfactorily ends this agrument however.
It does seem to be rather taxing on the rest of the boards.

[quote name='punqsux']thanks for that post masha, it'll be sweet watching the ban drop ^^[/QUOTE]

At least something good came out of it. THEY STOPPED ;)

Edit: After the time has past I regret I dropped that pic here, I should've posted it in a troll's "Cyber sex" thread..

nope, masha made a very offensive post right above mine, obviously, i didnt leave it there for everyone to see, i suggest you guys say your goodbyes now ^^

[quote name='punqsux']nope, masha made a very offensive post right above mine, obviously, i didnt leave it there for everyone to see, i suggest you guys say your goodbyes now ^^[/QUOTE]

Ahh, it sounded to me like you were going nuts yelling at someone that wasn't there. I guess it's good that you deleted it before most people could see it, I'll be leaving this thread then.

I just read some of that thread and I think you people need to distinguish real life from the internet. With alot of it, you just need to step back, say "who the fuck cares?", and move on. I read alot about people saying foul things to Lina, and I'll say this: None of you would have the balls to say that shit to her if you saw her face to face, so why does saying it here make it ok? As for Lina, posting your picture (and you are good looking) on a male dominated videogame site is a surefire way to become a target of others, even if it is wrong for that to happen. I would suggest losing the picture if you don't want that kind of attention.

bread's done
Back