ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!

Jaket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
okay, lets settle this once and for all..... in the last week i have seen so many threads go off topic due to arguments between which is better...... zelda ocarina of time or zelda the wind waker.... lets settle this, vote for which one is best over all, graphic, story, voice overs w/e! this poll shall be open for one week after that we will determine who really wins! i will bump often to keep poll active.

OoT is better... but only by a slim margin. Setting it up like that makes one game look godly and the other unworthy... when in actuality one is only a little better, if only ridden on by nostalgia, then the other.

Altough I have yet to play either one for more than a few minutes...I was wondering if some of the OOT fans are like some FF7 fans.... in that since it was their first big game of this genre, they become a little biased to it.

This is a tough one. Ocarina was revolutionary. It wrote all of the rules for the genre. WW was great, but it was only evolutionary. WW was built on the foundation of Ocarina, but it is still a better game.

Ohh this is tough. OOT was un-freaking-believeable when it came out but has been improved upon since 1998. WW was another 3d adventure game but one of the best IMO. I didn't like the sailing but everything else was top-notch. I'll go with WW but only by the slightest of margins...

[quote name='redgopher']*waits for DenisDfucktard to show up and flame everyone*[/quote]
Yeah. This post was designed to have him come and say, "OOT sucks. Link's eyes bug out when goes down holes. fuck you."

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Theenternal']Altough I have yet to play either one for more than a few minutes...I was wondering if some of the OOT fans are like some FF7 fans.... in that since it was their first big game of this genre, they become a little biased to it.[/quote]

I believe this to be true as well. Because even Majoras Mask is better than OoT and FF9 is better than FF7. Just biased towards the first one they play.[/quote]

I disagree. Neither of the games you referred to where my first games in either genre, but I prefer OOT and FF7...doesn't mean I don't like the games you are referring to though.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Theenternal']Altough I have yet to play either one for more than a few minutes...I was wondering if some of the OOT fans are like some FF7 fans.... in that since it was their first big game of this genre, they become a little biased to it.[/quote]

I believe this to be true as well. Because even Majoras Mask is better than OoT and FF9 is better than FF7. Just biased towards the first one they play.[/quote]

Personally, I like Majora's Mask the most. It combines my three greatest loves: Zelda, Masks, and Groundhog Day. Honestly though, that game was so innovative. Its a rare occurrence for a game to completely throw aside a lot of the norms for it genre.

OOT just because you don't have to sail around in some shaq-fuing ocean searching for Triforce pieces. I loved the graphical style, but the frigging sailing...

This won't settle anything except the fact that the majority of the population suck at liking what's good.

How do you think boy bands survive and the olsen twins are billionaires?

[quote name='DenisDFat']This won't settle anything except the fact that the majority of the population suck at liking what's good.

How do you think boy bands survive and the olsen twins are billionaires?[/quote]

LMAO perdictable, as always.

[quote name='DenisDFat']How do you think boy bands survive and the olsen twins are billionaires?[/quote]

big nick owning sweet 16 surely must help somewhat ^^

Ocarina of time- ONLY because at the time it came out it was such a leap from the SNES zelda with a 3d world and graphics. I love wind waker but all i think if is the first time i saw zelda in '3d' it was awsome.

People forget that both games were great. But like some one posted earlier (I forget who), OoT was revolutionary while WW was evolutionary. My vote goes to OoT b/c of the changes it made. When WW came out, most people had an idea of w/ to expect. WHen OoT came out, nobody had a clue what to expect. Still, LTTP is my fav of the series.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']Ocarina of time- ONLY because at the time it came out it was such a leap from the SNES zelda with a 3d world and graphics. I love wind waker but all i think if is the first time i saw zelda in '3d' it was awsome.[/quote]

a big leap backwards

[quote name='Ericnmel99'][quote name='DenisDFat']

a big leap backwards[/quote]

whats a big leap backwards?[/quote]

SHHHHH!!!!!!!!! dont egg him on!!!!

My personal favorite was the GB Links Awakening.

OoT is the better one. I highly doubt this poll will be once and for all. some idiot will post nother 2 weeks later.

Both games are awesome but I personally had more fun playing Ocarina (likely because it came out first). Ocarina also had a rather addicting fishing mini-game which helps put it over Wind Waker in my opinion.

The graphics in Ocarina gave me a headache, and I'm horribly stuck in the first couple hours of windwaker...(I guess I need to read a FAQ) but my vote goes to Windwaker because everything is so cool, and so far, the story line is simple, yet fun. :)

[quote name='DenisDFat']How do you think ... the olsen twins are billionaires?[/quote]

let me put it this way: If WW or OOT (or any other game for that matter) came with 4 hot titties, 2 perky asses, and 2 sets of barely-legal lips of joy, then we wouldn't be having this argument...

Both games are excellent, worthy of the top ten greatest games ever. However, Ocarina of Time gets my vote. Why? Those Wallmasters scared the crap out of me so much that I wouldn't play the game for months. And I also yelled out loud when Ganondorf blows out of the destroyed castle, yelled again when he was Ganon, and yelled yet again when he knocked my sword away.

Based on the demo i played of wind waker its just basically Oot with better/different graphics. theyre the same (based on demo)

bread's done
Back