One good blu-ray

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
So I finally convinced my wife to let me buy a PS3 (well.. actually, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :p)

If I only had one blu-ray to buy that showcases the HD and 5.1 glory, what would it be? Preferably something PG rated.. not too scary/bloody.

If your trying to showcase it to your wife take her to the video rental store and ask her to pick out any movie she wants. Make it a date night: pizza, popcorn, and movie.

showcase movies:
Planet Earth
Pixar movies: UP, Monsters inc, Ratatouille, Wall-E is beautiful.
I also like Speed Racer for the colors.

It's also the best DVD up scalar. You may want to show her it makes the DVD's you already own look great. Preferably her favourite movie.

Spider Man 3 isn't a bad title to own, and is actually a very nice watch on Blu-ray on a High Def television ;)

Monsters Inc. and UP look fantastic, they are filmed so they take up your entire screen, which some BR's do not do. Iron Man is also a great flick, and a great BR!

Iron Man and Speed Racer both look absolutely amazing in HD

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull is another one I'd recommend, especially for the climax of the film.

The new Star Trek movie and both Transformers flicks would be near the top of my list as well.

Thanks for the suggestions.. I'll look for a Pixar movie we haven't seen, generally enjoy those.. just remembered Goozex has movies now too, I'll take a look there.

I agree with Coraline. That is a fantastic choice on Blu Ray.

As for a movie that isn't exactly PG - Terminator 2 looks INCREDIBLE. The movie came out in 1991, but it's probably still the best looking Blu Ray that I own.

Also, check out this website. It has a ton of great reviews:

http://www.blu-ray.com/

Blade Runner looks fantastic, it is easily one of the best transfers ever burn't to disk...but thats rated R......Oh! Moon looks great.....R........

I would agree with all the Pixar supporters, GCI really shines in Blu-ray.

Now what we really need is a AAA transfer of Iron Giant then I will be satisfied.

bread's done
Back