One Piece: Unlimited Adventure! January 22, 2008! $39.99! Over 30 Hours!

Man, where did you guys find this game? I've been looking for it since it was released and have not been able to find it in stores.

Even though it's frowned upon, I reserved a copy at Gamestop. Unlike Naruto and Dragonball, no one really pays any attention to One Piece games once they come over here, so I knew it was going to go straight to obscurity like the others.

The game really does manage to suck you in with the inventory management but at the same time it gets old so breaks are a necessity.

[quote name='Zen Davis']The game really does manage to suck you in with the inventory management but at the same time it gets old so breaks are a necessity.[/quote]

Yeah, I pretty much play in between other games. I actually like to play more in short bursts and if I have a few minutes to kill, I'll usually spend it collecting bugs/fish and gaining character skills. My biggest gripe is that you have to scoot back to camp a lot to organize your inventory and to save.

Another problem I have is balancing out everyone, but this just comes down to how I play and who I play with most of the time. I'm finding that Franky is an absolute beast in pretty much any situation, be it crowd control or for destroying bosses. Anyone have a go-to character of their own?

I was sold when I was able to confirm it was the new vas in the VG clips (I realized it was when I heard nami, she's the only one I've seen of the new dub to recognize, I KNOW luci christian's voice pretty much by heart, side effect of full metal panic being the best dub ever)

[quote name='dmunkee']Yeah, I pretty much play in between other games. I actually like to play more in short bursts and if I have a few minutes to kill, I'll usually spend it collecting bugs/fish and gaining character skills. My biggest gripe is that you have to scoot back to camp a lot to organize your inventory and to save.

Another problem I have is balancing out everyone, but this just comes down to how I play and who I play with most of the time. I'm finding that Franky is an absolute beast in pretty much any situation, be it crowd control or for destroying bosses. Anyone have a go-to character of their own?[/quote]

My go-to-guy has to be Zoro. He just pulverizes everything around him once you start hitting his combos. Both his Super Attacks are weak though since they don't do nearly as much damage as they should.

Luffy and Franky have the best supers but Franky on average is better than Luffy since Monkey D. can't handle the crowd control as well as Franky. During boss fights, I typically run everyone out and the fall back on Ussop who can knock away the enemies from a distance. This worked for me nearly every time.

To level up, I usually pick a character and work to get them to a certain level while collecting items (such as the pain in the ass brown fruit in the caves). First I leveled everyone up to level 5. Now I'm getting them up to Level 7. I'm contemplating getting everyone up to MASTER, but I'm almost done with the game so I'm not sure it's worth it.

I am really surprised by how much I love this game. It's really sucked me in and I'll find myself playing for hours running around just collecting the various things they need. Now if I could just get one of those darn golden hercules beetles.

I haven't played this for a couple of days but I think I'll be getting back to it after I get some writing done. Then it's off to Bully and Breath of Fire IV.

Video Review -

The guy doing his review seems dorky but the review is spot on.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmzZylNv7V4&feature=user[/MEDIA]

[quote name='slvrdrgn123']Man, where did you guys find this game? I've been looking for it since it was released and have not been able to find it in stores.[/quote]

Had any luck finding a copy? I picked mine up at a Gamestop. It doesn't look like a lot of stores are carrying it that aren't primarily video game retailers.

[quote name='dmunkee']Had any luck finding a copy? I picked mine up at a Gamestop. It doesn't look like a lot of stores are carrying it that aren't primarily video game retailers.[/quote]
Yea, the only place that seems to have it is Gamestop. CC, BB, Target, TrU doesn't seem to have any every time I checked.

bread's done
Back