one single song not streaming to 360

CaptainChunk

CAG Veteran
Ok. Here is a summed of version of my issue: I was playing Bankshot Billards demo and listening to a playlist which was streaming from my computer. While playing the game, the music stopped and my pool cue disappeared form the screen. I exited to the dashboard and everything seemed just fine. I went to play the song that was playing while it crapped out, and now all that happens is the music player puts a red circle next to the song and skips to the next one. I can play the song just fine on my computer, no problems at all. How can I play that single song again via streaming to my 360? thanks for any help.

[quote name='guyver2077']maybe its not an mp3 file... or encoded in some strange manner[/quote] nope. I know my audio. it is a perfect mp3, tagged properly. I was able to play this particular song before this incident. thanks for the help though.

[quote name='Stormy151']File got corrupted maybe? Try re-copying it to your hard drive.[/quote] well it plays just fine on my PC, but thanks for the idea. I will re download it and see if that helps.

Something similar happend to me while playing Ridge Racer 6. The music stopped, and the graphics went all crazy. I barely came in first thanks to that. I had a nice lead before the graphics whacked out.

I then tried playing the music again from the dashboard, and it didn't work. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it was just weird.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Something similar happend to me while playing Ridge Racer 6. The music stopped, and the graphics went all crazy. I barely came in first thanks to that. I had a nice lead before the graphics whacked out.

I then tried playing the music again from the dashboard, and it didn't work. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it was just weird.[/quote] did you ever get the music to play again, or does your 360 just skip over it?

[quote name='CaptainChunk']did you ever get the music to play again, or does your 360 just skip over it?[/QUOTE]

From that rip, no. I streamed that off my computer's hard drive after I ripped it from Winamp. My second attempt was to rip the CD to the 360's hard drive. That was even worse. Only one song worked.

This thread inspired me to try again. I downloaded Freerip and ripped it to my computer's hard drive using that. It worked 99% perfectly. The only problem I had was on the last song, but I think that was just my computer hiccuping. It'll probably play flawlessly if I do it again. It's a testament to freeware, I'd say.

[quote name='Stormy151']File got corrupted maybe? Try re-copying it to your hard drive.[/quote] well, I re downloaded the song and that seems to have fixed the issue. Strange that I could still play the song just fine on my PC, but the 360 refused to play it. Oh well, at least I have my broken boy soldiers song back. thanks for the suggestion.

bread's done
Back