Online Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Polls now open for the single best specific online deal or sale of 2004.

Nominees:

Amazon.com (TRU): Buy 2 Get 1 Free
EBGames.com: Black Friday Sale (2 for $25, etc)
EBgames: 25%/26% off used games with free shipping (CAG15/CAG16)
GameFly: Used game sale with free shipping
Overstock $2 Games

Gotta say, in regards to an actual deal, GameFly.

But the honorable mention (if any) should go to EB for the custom coupon codes. Very cool of them to acknowledge us in such a unique way.

[quote name='punqsux']july 4th CC sale
85% off PO used pc games at eb b&m
TRU $10 off 2 games coupled with 70% off green tagged games.[/quote]

I'd second those, if they were online. BOOYAH!

[quote name='punqsux']damn you ledhed! (where is the fist shaking smiley?)

online id say the overstock $2 deal[/quote]

I second that. I got in on that, and looking back, it seems almost mythical.

no love for the mtv deal?

or the bestbuy.com $5 sales?

any of those could win imo but i have to agree about the gamefly sale.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='punqsux']damn you ledhed! (where is the fist shaking smiley?)

online id say the overstock $2 deal[/quote]

I second that. I got in on that, and looking back, it seems almost mythical.[/quote]

Who needs $5 games when you can get $2 games

I would have to say some of the intermittent EB online deals with games between $5-$10, sometimes less. Can't seem to pin point just one though.

[quote name='dracula']no love for the mtv deal?

or the bestbuy.com $5 sales?

any of those could win imo but i have to agree about the gamefly sale.[/quote]

MTV deal was great. $8.29 off orders over $50 + 10% off + free shipping. I placed 7 preorders in one night, at about $37-38 each.

[quote name='msdmoney']I would have to say some of the intermittent EB online deals with games between $5-$10, sometimes less. Can't seem to pin point just one though.[/quote]

ooh how could i forget the markdowns at ebgames! good call, their $5 sales are kickass

Best online - EB games 2 for $25.
Offline - TRU buy 2 get one free.

My CC wasn't too impressive, though most of you made out real well. $5 MVC2 and Rez - can't get much better than that.

What about Outpost's constantly cheap pre-order prices? They're about as cheap as MTV's summer sale and are still going on it seems.

There was that time I got Spiderman 2 DS for $3.99, but that was more of an error. That's the best online deal/mistake I've gotten.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']What about Outpost's constantly cheap pre-order prices? They're about as cheap as MTV's summer sale and are still going on it seems.[/quote]

MTV's shipping is better. For example my RE4 shipped Tuesday and I had it Wednesday. The only problem is they don't update the status that quickly. I usually have the game before I get a shipped notice email.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Cornfedwb']What about Outpost's constantly cheap pre-order prices? They're about as cheap as MTV's summer sale and are still going on it seems.[/quote]

MTV's shipping is better. For example my RE4 shipped Tuesday and I had it Wednesday. The only problem is they don't update the status that quickly. I usually have the game before I get a shipped notice email.[/quote]

Outpost often has totally free shipping, as well as being a continuing deal instead of a short-time thing. I'd say it beats out MTV's thing.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']How about the $750 off $1500 Dell Laptop deal from a couple months back?[/quote]

I Second that. Great deal

2 for $25 Black Friday Sale at EBGames.com for sure. You just can't beat it!

The Gamefly sale was good but the game I ordered was in really bad shape.

Did everyone get charged for their Halo 2 Special Edition from MTV for $38?...for some reason I dont think I ever was...

Overstock $2 games and dvd's was an awesome deal that had great shipping price too. Best Buy clearance games was great too, how else could I have gotten Breath of Fire for GBA for only $10.

I am surpised the Buy One Get One on Old School games at EBgames isn't on here. I know there were a bunch of us loading up on games at that time. I know me personally bought over 30 games, ranging on my Nintendo mainly, Genesis, SNES...

[quote name='lordopus99']I am surpised the Buy One Get One on Old School games at EBgames isn't on here. I know there were a bunch of us loading up on games at that time. I know me personally bought over 30 games, ranging on my Nintendo mainly, Genesis, SNES...[/quote]

I would vote for that or the wherehouse.com cheap n64 and dreamcast games, unless we are counting errors (then the overstock $2 sale wins, hands down)

The $2 new game deal at Overstock was probably the best cheap game deal of all time. And I don't believe it was a price mistake/error. Several times in the past I have picked up $1 CD's and DVD's from them. It was about time games got their turn (of course many, including me, missed out) :(

Used game sale with free shipping at GameFly

This is the one I tooked advantage of the most. The used prices were reasonable. Game Stop will pay you $8 dollars for a game they will sell for $44 (used). Star Wars Battlefront for only $24.99

Great Deal

Used game sale at Gamefly. The only place i've seen all year where i could pick up Ghosthunter on the cheap, so it gets my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back