Online Rims Store?

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
Can anyone recommend a good online store to buy rims from? I'm looking for a store that sales Tire and Wheel Packages and possibly free shipping. I found a place called discountedwheelwarehouse.com, but I'm not sure of their reputation. Thanks for any and all advice.

Do they even sell just rims? I mean, how do you attach the rest of the wheel to the rim?

GOD PEOPLE. THEY ARE WHEELS. RIMS ARE THE OUTSIDE OF THE WHEEL.

[quote name='Lister']Do they even sell just rims? I mean, how do you attach the rest of the wheel to the rim?

GOD PEOPLE. THEY ARE WHEELS. RIMS ARE THE OUTSIDE OF THE WHEEL.[/QUOTE]

Rims are the INSIDE

I second tirerack.com. I bought my tires from them. The warehouse is very close to where I live so I just drove over and picked them up. Great price and service.

[quote name='mr ryles']Rims are the INSIDE[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, no? The INSIDE of the wheel is where the spokes are... the outside of the wheel is the rim. Kind of like the rim of a cup is the outside edge?

Let us consult the dictionary gods:
1. The usually curved or circular border or edge of an object. See Synonyms at border.
2. The circular outer part of a wheel, furthest from the axle.

Well outer part kind of shoots down your response...

Yes, somone def was told!

The rim is the outsides of the spokes.... and the tire covers that I could understand your theory if they were one thing that you couldn't seperate. /edit and who cares anyway? the guy just wants some nice wheels for his car.

[quote name='Odenat']The rim is the outsides of the spokes.... and the tire covers that I could understand your theory if they were one thing that you couldn't seperate. /edit and who cares anyway? the guy just wants some nice wheels for his car.[/QUOTE]
Is there something wrong with the wheels it came with?

[quote name='nwaugh']Is there something wrong with the wheels it came with?[/quote] was there something wrong with your old game system before you upgraded? It's just like getting a DS lite when you have a DS allready he just wants something thats new/cool and to show off. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Spokes? what they hell are we talking about BMX bike tires here?

Rims are the inside, tire is the outside, you know the rubber thing. And the collective whole is a wheel.

Thats how I call it and don't try and tell me different.

[quote name='Odenat']was there something wrong with your old game system before you upgraded? It's just like getting a DS lite when you have a DS allready he just wants something thats new/cool and to show off. And there is nothing wrong with that.[/QUOTE]
Hmm. I like TSD, and don't really care what people spend their money on, but your analogy is pretty weak. New game systems allow you to play new games, and the Lite is a functional improvement in many ways over the Phat. I don't know if I had a Phat that I'd buy a Lite just to show off.

I don't understand getting new rims for appearance (though it's not like I'm going to stop anyone), but I do understand it for performance.

I do enjoy seeing commercials about financing rims, though.

[quote name='nwaugh']Hmm. I like TSD, and don't really care what people spend their money on, but your analogy is pretty weak. New game systems allow you to play new games, and the Lite is a functional improvement in many ways over the Phat. I don't know if I had a Phat that I'd buy a Lite just to show off.

I don't understand getting new rims for appearance (though it's not like I'm going to stop anyone), but I do understand it for performance.

I do enjoy seeing commercials about financing rims, though.[/quote] or maybe TSD is just a really bad driver and curbed the hell out of his car. heh. Yeah I would only upgrade rims for pure performance reasons. Riding on 22's or higher makes the ride uncomfortable anyway. 15-17inch is about right (for imports atleast) to get maximum rubber touching the road.

bread's done
Back