online store and credit card charge

shinclyde

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Just a quick question...

i am having trouble with an online store (divineo.com) they cancell my order but did not refund the money, I get no reply to emails and I am afraid they could do bad use of my credit card.

the question is, can they do bad use of the credit card? can they charge like 5000 dlls or something ridiculous like that? I am guessing no but would rather hear some feedback. thanks!!

When did they cancel? Charges appear right away but credits can take a bit (days) to show up on your card. Now lately it seems like all of the credits I've had have shown up right away, but a while back I remember one took a few days and my credit card company said that was normal. :shrug:

Anyway, no they can't use your card to charge up all kinds of stuff. Well technically I guess they could, but it would be fraud and you would have $0 liability since they would have stolen just your CC # and not your physical card. (Liability is limited to $50 in the latter case, but most CCs will probably cover everything anyway.) You just have to notify your credit card as soon as you see the fraudulent charges.

Now if this is really a debit card and not a credit card you are probably still covered (though there aren't the same laws protecting you from my understanding) but the money would come out of your account as soon as the fraudulent charges hit which might cause bill payment/checks to bounce and much more of a hassle for you in the interim.

Oh and if they actually don't refund you, just complain to your credit card and they'll take care of it.

bread's done
Back