OnLive: Any Free game (no-preorders) on Tuesday for $9.99 PlayPack subscribers

sharpeone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Just received an email from OnLive about a free game on Tuesday for their PlayPack subscribers. They are giving these subscribers a free game on Tuesday. Pick from any game in the OnLive store (no-preorders). If you are not a PlayPack subscriber, you can subscribe before midnight on July 4th to receive your free game.

If you are not a subscriber, you could actually pay for just one month, receive the free game and then cancel before the next month starts. That is, unless you enjoy the service. They are currently at 64 games within their PlayPack subscription.

My plan is to subscribe for the first month for $9.99 and then get either F.3.A.R or Red Faction: Guerilla for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came here to post this. This is an unbelievable deal. Onlive has been amazing these last 6 months. These guys are pulling deals out of their butts like crazy to boost the user base. I hope its working for them becasue they certainly got me.

I have been signed up for Onlive for over a year now but I never spent a dime. Just spectated and tried demos. They had that deal a few weeks back though and I signed up to get a virtual console. Then they added homefront multiplayer to the play pack and now they are giving us a free freaking game? They got me as a paying customer now.

I don't know what game I will choose. Maybe fear.

I've been using onlive for a while now, and while it doesnt get nearly as much use as my 360 or PS3 the deals they have make it difficult to pass on getting games for their service at times. I had recently cancelled my playpack service and when I saw this post I signed back up so I could grab F.E.A.R 3 or the new Red Faction for free on Tuesday. Now I'm just waiting on my email.
These deals really are incredible though.

[quote name='Paladinion']Its deals like these that make me think that this service isnt going to last that long.[/QUOTE]

If amazing deals were a sign of a company folding, Steam would have been gone a long time ago. This is a great way for Onlive to hook some new gamers onto their service and possibly hook them onto a long term playback subscription. It may just work on me if I enjoy the playback subscription enough...

Yea. Before I was just a free user but they have finally gotten me to give them money because all of this wacky deals. I want these guys to do well. I want them to be around and expand. They really need some PC exclusives IMO. Get games that console gamers cant play, that would make me more interested in their titles.

The PlayPack would be nicer if it had less PC ports that use virtual keyboard, meaning it maps the keyboard to the controller. Still, this is a damn good deal.

Yes. If you are a low tier dsl user, you might have issues. I can't remember offhand but I think 2-3mbps was what it wanted. I recently upgraded to roadrunner turbo 15mbs down, 1mbps up. Before that I had 7mbps down, 400kbps up that often dipped to 2mbps and I was fine. Games look more pixelated on slower speeds though.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Yes. If you are a low tier dsl user, you might have issues. I can't remember offhand but I think 2-3mbps was what it wanted. I recently upgraded to roadrunner turbo 15mbs down, 1mbps up. Before that I had 7mbps down, 400kbps up that often dipped to 2mbps and I was fine. Games look more pixelated on slower speeds though.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it won't work on my connection. 1.3 Mb on a good day won't cut it.

[quote name='Calinks']I came here to post this. This is an unbelievable deal. Onlive has been amazing these last 6 months. These guys are pulling deals out of their butts like crazy to boost the user base. I hope its working for them becasue they certainly got me.

I have been signed up for Onlive for over a year now but I never spent a dime. Just spectated and tried demos. They had that deal a few weeks back though and I signed up to get a virtual console. Then they added homefront multiplayer to the play pack and now they are giving us a free freaking game? They got me as a paying customer now.

I don't know what game I will choose. Maybe fear.[/QUOTE]

Same, I never spent a dime on this till just recently to get the microconsole and now signed up for this for the free game. So,far, it's notlooking to bad for the little I invested so far.

I just recently got into onlive and I'm loving their deals so far. Purchased Duke Nukem and got the Micro Console for free. Got Fear 3 with a previous 100% off coupon they gave me. Now we get another 100% off coupon? Amazing. :p

bread's done
Back