Onlive - Batman Arkham Asylum for a buck

why not..they deserve it. I'd be all about OnLive except damn that 250gb Comcast datacap :bomb: (^^ I just read that styl3s, LOL)

I can't wrap my head around how they make profits with the deals they run all the time. Never the less, I've liked them on all 3 of my facebook accounts *cough*

[quote name='mgorsi']is onlive same experience as xbox or ps3?[/QUOTE]
Well, it is the exact same game so yes. If you are referring to the video quality, it all depends on your bandwidth. I run at 3 mbps and get just above SD quality.

Liked! This is an impressive deal for a simple FB click. I'd rather see this pop up in my feed rather than the other nonsense I normally see.

Already have Batman for ps3 and don't have online, but I'll go ahead and +1 like this anyway. Everybody should play BAA for $1 if you havnt played it. It's very good.

I clicked the "Like" button but I honestly don't think it'll make it to 45k. It took awhile for the EA deals to hit 1k during their daily deals.

So I have Comcast and have been using Onlive a lot but have never had any issues going over the bandwidth limit. Is there a way to check how much of your 250gigs youve used up?

I got OnLive and the damnable beast that is Comcast, and I usually have zero problems with it. I already bit on Batman AA for $3.50, but I got some family and friends with Face Book to like them for you guys wanting it. I don't have FB and have no desire to get on it (I feel like Stan in the South Park episode about FB) so sorry, can't have my Like. :booty:

If this allows people to play this wonderful game, then thats awesome. They already had the AC deal to get the console.

[quote name='kube00']Id take it for $0.99[/QUOTE]

Mmmm... heres a $10, i got 9 more rides right ;)

[quote name='MrshllJcb']So I have Comcast and have been using Onlive a lot but have never had any issues going over the bandwidth limit. Is there a way to check how much of your 250gigs youve used up?[/QUOTE]

Yes there is. First go here, sign into your account (or create an account if you haven't already). Once you're signed in go to the "Users & Settings" tab. You'll see where it says "High-Speed Internet Data Usage" with a bar underneath showing your current data usage for the month. Underneath that it'll say "view details" click on that to see the last 3 months of your data usage. Hope this helps.

I'm surprised I'm the first in this thread to oppose the "give us an insurmountable amount of likes and we'll give you one deal" trend.

It hasn't become acceptable already, has it?

[quote name='Kerig']I'm surprised I'm the first in this thread to oppose the "give us an insurmountable amount of likes and we'll give you one deal" trend.

It hasn't become acceptable already, has it?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me. Facebook means nothing to me, I got rid of my real account ages ago. Now I just have a dummy one for crap like this and other promotions.

My shitty internet service only gets 1.5Mbps tops because I live in some rural, out-of-the-way state. I would normally be all over this because I've been eyeing the game during every Steam sale. Let's all hope that Steam price matches. ;)

Don't see the point of onlive. You need to have a REALLY good connection to get the best of it (which a lot of people don't have). Not only that but you miss out on all of the great exclusive games that are on ps3/360.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I highly doubt it will reach that number but B:AA is well worth a dollar.[/QUOTE]

I think they were planning on that number not being reached. This is just to get more hits for their page to get more exposure.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Don't see the point of onlive. You need to have a REALLY good connection to get the best of it (which a lot of people don't have). Not only that but you miss out on all of the great exclusive games that are on ps3/360.[/QUOTE]

I have a PS3 and 360. I can play whatever I want to to on them. I have the 10Mb/s $40 a month cable connection and it works fine and looks pretty good over all. It looks a little blurry at times and is sometimes slightly washed out. Control input seems fine.

The selection is very limited. BUT, the savings are really pretty sick. And the online community features are pretty good.

This is my order history: I've spent a total of $235.96 including shipping and tax and for that I got the following:

1 miniconsole with controller,
7 new games (assuming Barman:AC, SR III, and SM:40K work out okay),
2 months subscription to play lots of older games that gets me 30% discount on all products,
15 full play passes to some older but still recent games

-------------------

Duke Nukem Forever $47.96 (Original full price preorder)
OnLive Game System $9.99 (Free w/ DNF preorder)
The Ball - $5.33 ($5 Friday sale)
Metro 2033 $10.65 (Half price sale code w/Amnesia at full price)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $21.31
Red Faction: Armageddon $0.00 (Free w/ DNF preorder)
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $0.00 ($10 game credit Free as apology for DNF posting late)
Aliens vs Predator $14.92 (Half Price sale + get free game with code)
F.E.A.R. 3 $0.00 (Got free with AVP in crazy deal)
Trine $0.00 (Humble Bundle gives onlive codes as well as DL versions)
World of Goo $0.00 (Humble Bundle)
Braid $0.00 (Humble Bundle )
PlayPack Bundle $10.65 (1 month, lets you play 80+ games and have 30% discount)
Saints Row: The Third (pre-order) $37.30 (w/ 30% discount)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $11.94 (Ubi sale + 30% discount)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $3.74 (Ubi sale + 30% discount)
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 $3.74 (Ubi sale week + 30% discount)
Shaun White Skateboarding $3.74 (Ubi sale + 30% discount)
Assassin's Creed II - $5.97 (Ubi sale + 30% discount)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $3.74 (Ubi sale + 30% discount)
Batman: Arkham City $37.30 (Preorder comes with free game code expires Sept 14 + 30% discount)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Standard Edition $0.00 (Used the free game code from Saint's Row III preorder)
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition $3.74 (Pax sale + 30% discount)
40K Space Marine $0.00 ( planning to use my free game code on this or Dead Island on Sept 6. )

All that would have cost me a hell of a lot more than $236 on 360 or PS3.
And I still get to play Gears of War 3 or Uncharted 2 if I want.

If I stop subscribing to the playpack then the playpack only games go away and I lose the %30 discount but I keep access to all the games I bought a full pass to as long as they are on the service.

Something tells me they will probably put the game out there for a buck even if they don't hit 45k. Or they will just extend it until they finally hit the mark.

Nice, I gave em a like even though I 1) have the game on 360, 2) would not be able to use it if I wanted to. You have comcast, I have Wildblue which gives you a 17 GB cap. Yeah BS. I actually tried the service when I was crashing at a friend's place and was quite surprised how smoothly it ran. Playing Dirt 3 on my laptop with it looking almost as good as how Dirt 3 looks on a PC with a beefy video card and all the requirements.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I highly doubt it will reach that number but B:AA is well worth a dollar.[/QUOTE]

I'm new to these FB like things, but it seems like it will make it to me. I believe it's already received 500-700 likes in the last 3.5 hours (I think it was at ~38,800 and now is at over 39,600, and that was from 12 AM to 3:30 AM when most people are asleep. I assume it'll really pick up tmrw.

Edit: It's at 39,621 as of 3:28 AM Texas time 9/1. Lets track it.

bread's done
Back