[OnLive] Get your first game for $1

I might just go for Warhammer 40,000, I already have Deus Ex and can't remember what else has come out recently.

is there a way to buy a game without signing onto Onlive, been trying to open it up but i keep getting an error message about my connection

So I see you can purchase the LOTR game for $1, thinking of doing it, was playing the demo, and only thing I don't like is the graphics. Which is due to Onlive.

[quote name='bigant262']So I see you can purchase the LOTR game for $1, thinking of doing it, was playing the demo, and only thing I don't like is the graphics. Which is due to Onlive.[/QUOTE]

I went for it. I play on playing it on the collage computers since they have the great connection (hopefully that means I'll get a better quality image) and I don't need to worry about saves since it's all on "the cloud".

Good price but what about bandwidth? Heard it uses 17-18 gigs of your internet an hour to streaming the games. So if you do the math most people will go over in a few hours in about 4-5 hours of gaming if they were on a 60/80 GB limit.

I might be wrong on the 17 gigs if someone can correct me =/

[quote name='z7enZ']Good price but what about bandwidth? Heard it uses 17-18 gigs of your internet an hour to streaming the games. So if you do the math most people will go over in a few hours in about 4-5 hours of gaming if they were on a 60/80 GB limit.

I might be wrong on the 17 gigs if someone can correct me =/[/QUOTE]
Well, if you're on Rogers Express, your maximum download should only be about 5.4GB/hour. Or, if you're on Rogers Extreme, you'd have at most 10.8GB/hour. From what I hear from users, OnLive uses about 1-3GB/hour. So yes, if you are using Rogers/Bell/VideoTron, you are most likely going to rip through your monthly usage cap in a few short hours.

In many places, there are wholesale alternatives with much larger/unlimited usage options for better prices. Some of the larger examples for people in Ontario (and some other places) are TekSavvy and Acanac. The risk of using them is that issues may take considerably longer to resolve since they are not in full control of the entire network. A chunk of it, including what leads up to your house, is owned by incumbents such as Rogers, Bell, Shaw, VideoTron and can only be serviced by them. Personally, I use TekSavvy cable without any major issues, so I save a bit off my monthly bill and never have to worry about overages.

damn theres no way my computer could handle OnLive. That's how terrible my pc. I can't even go on youtube in this thing.

bread's done
Back