OnLive Halloween event - 4 games free to play + 1 more on Halloween 10/28-10/31

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
From this afternoon until Oct 31 OnLive will let you play five games for free.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
F.E.A.R. 3
Metro 2033
Orcs Must Die
Mystery game???

I've been seeing stuff on twitter about this but I can't find any official word. I think they sent out a press release but I can't find it posted. I heard 4 PM as the start time, but I don't know what time zone that's in. @OrcsMustDie confirmed that their game would be free on the service, so it seems legit.

EDIT: Details have emerged at OnLiveFans.com.

From today at 4pm PT/7pm ET/Midnight BT through Monday, October 31st at Midnight, PDT these four games will be available to play on the service for Free. This deal is valid in both the U.S. and the UK.

In addition to this extraordinary offer, if you “Like” OnLive on Facebook via their Facebook page, you can play a 5th mystery game, which will be announced on Halloween, for free as well.

To clarify, these games are only playable on your account until October 31st, correct? Afterwards, you would have to purchase a play pass for them? If that's the case and this is essentially like a free Steam weekend, I'm not enthused. I would be interested if that time frame was for claiming the full pass and get them on your account permanently; only being able to play them for three days isn't my thing.

I already own the playpass for the best game in this offer (IMO) in Amnesia, but playing through Metro and maybe Fear 3 should make for a fun weekend.

[quote name='Blade']To clarify, these games are only playable on your account until October 31st, correct? Afterwards, you would have to purchase a play pass for them? If that's the case and this is essentially like a free Steam weekend, I'm not enthused. I would be interested if that time frame was for claiming the full pass and get them on your account permanently; only being able to play them for three days isn't my thing.[/QUOTE]
I am not holding my breath for the day a company decides to give away free copies of 5 different good games to an unlimited number of people.

I will, on the other hand, gratefully accept the opportunity to play said games for free for three+ days.

Mystery game is Darksiders - select 3 day playpass when you check out and use the promo code USTREAT in the US or UKTREAT in the UK. Kinda sucks without a controller, so I hope you have a decent xinput compatible controller.

bread's done
Back