CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
TO REDEEM:
1. Sign in
2. Subscribe to the PlayPack at onlive.com/playpack
3. Enter 99centppk to receive $9 off your first month

Coupon expires July 31, 2011

The PlayPack is sort of like Netflix streaming. You pay a monthly price and get access to a bunch of games of varying age and quality. It's normally $9.99 a month but the coupon gives you the first month for $0.99.

It's the summer and if you've got a lot of free time for gaming this might be a way to get your fill for the next month. There are some good titles in there, like Deus Ex GOTY, Hitman: Blood Money, Borderlands, Just Cause 2, and others. There is a full list here. I was surprised to see Homefront as it's less than a year old, but I wouldn't exactly call it a good game, at least not the single player.

If you bite on this, I recommend using your google calendar or something like http://www.futureme.org/ to send yourself a reminder before they auto renew and charge you $10.

Just beat me to posting this. Guess I need to type faster :).

This is a great deal for anyone interested in fully trying out the service.

I subscribed to get in on the free game deal before July 4th, and it's actually been really cool so far. I've been playing Blood Rayne 2 off and on, and it's been worth it so far lol.

I was thinking about doing this mostly just to play King's Bounty: Armored Princess until I realized I can buy it new from Gamestop for $5. Nevermind!

Otherwise, not much I'd actually want to play. Either way a good deal, thanks OP.

This is actually a really cool service. I got the Microconsole and the thing is very well built. The controller is very nice and the service doesn't lag for me at all.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I was thinking about doing this mostly just to play King's Bounty: Armored Princess until I realized I can buy it new from Gamestop for $5. Nevermind!

Otherwise, not much I'd actually want to play. Either way a good deal, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

It's really not for people who have gaming-quality PCs. It's more for people like me who have a laptop with integrated graphics who couldn't dream of running anything better than Jamestown.

Which, by the way, is an amazing game and you should get on Steam and buy it.

Even for those who have a good gaming PC, this would be a good way to play a lot of games for very cheap. If I weren't so busy, I'd try it out myself.

I just tried out onlive yesterday because I bumped up to 15mbs and it's really an amazing service. One thing I'm having an issue with is lag on my laptop. My desktop has no lag because it's connected directly to the ethernet cord. I was wondering if there was anyway to help with the lag on my laptop.

This is a great deal. They recently changed their algorithm to allow connections as low as 2 MB/s and everything runs way smoother. The Playpack gets new games almost weekly. Most seem pretty bad at first but there are lots of good ones like others have said.

The PC client is free, and you can demo the full game for 30 minutes on 99% of the games. I'd give it a try at least.

I've had the playpack and was about to be billed for another month on the 3rd. Cancelled my playpack and resubscribed using this promo code and was only charged .99 even though I've had the playpack on and off since it came out. Thanks a bunch OP you just saved me $9 bucks too

As for the service. You get access to 70+ games for a month for 99 cents (or even 9.99) is an amazing deal. Even if theres a ton of games I'd never play, to have even 5 or 6 I'd play for that price is still a steal.

bread's done
Back