Onslaught Discussion & FC Thread

you know what's the one thing i'm amazed at, with the wiiware service, i'm more then surprised that we haven't seen a wiiware remake of doom 1. it shouldn't be that big of trouble to make them wiiware-ish.

Hmmm. I just watched 20 minutes of shooting bugs that crawl and shooting bugs that hover non-threateningly. So, they want me to pay for 1% of the gameplay from Metroid Corruption for how much?

Sorry, I love the effort, but it's not enough. This is shovelware, pure and simple.

4 player drop in and out co-op
Boss battles
Limited ammo survival game play
Dual mini-gun jeeps
Score based like an arcade game
Online rankings
5 different difficulty settings.

I'm a dollar short :bomb: and cheap. I'm going to check if Walmart has any Wii points cards on clearance.

Picked it up, only had time to run through the first level but it seems okay. The controls work, maybe not as good as metroid 3, but worked for me.

Only thing I don't care for so far is the ammo system, rather than a set amount of ammo you have a set amount of reloads. So no reloading with 1/4 of your clip left when theres no enemies around.

Just played some online and it was really smooth even with tons of enemies on screen. The only time it lagged a little was when we tackled the giant boss who jumped out of a sea of bugs.

As far as the reloads go It doesn't bother me. It just so happens that I've been pondering why emptying a clip in most games automatically adds the remaining bullets in the clip you just threw away to your other clips. If they did that on purpose here it would be very interesting.

Is this designed to be playable with the Wii Blaster? Or is there some control issue I can't see?

EDIT: Well, even if I wanted to play this (and I must admit I kind of do), I can't really spare 308 blocks of memory. When are they going to make channels playable from SD cards? The internal memory limit is pretty ridiculous.

[quote name='Scrubking']
As far as the reloads go It doesn't bother me. It just so happens that I've been pondering why emptying a clip in most games automatically adds the remaining bullets in the clip you just threw away to your other clips. If they did that on purpose here it would be very interesting.[/quote]

I'm sure it would stop bothering me after I play it a bit more, and it is more "real" ... just goes against what every shooter has trained me to be used too =P

But yeah, ultimately not a big deal

[quote name='_heretic']Is this designed to be playable with the Wii Blaster? Or is there some control issue I can't see?
[/quote]

Well, I wouldnt use any gun addon myself, the d-pad switches weapons for you so it may make that a little bit inconvenient (ive never used one tho' so maybe I'm wrong)

I'll DL it next week (I need to clear space :bomb:), I read it's not as fun playing alone so I'll post the code here too.

Looking at these gameplay videos, I honestly see nothing special. I certainly won't be buying it (heck, I could get it for free from a friend and I still don't want it). It doesn't seem like anything particularly original, and I got bored watching the videos after about 2 minutes. Sorry Hudson.

I'd say originality is something this game has a lot of since it isn't a typical FPS. The focus is more about scoring and surviving the hordes they throw at you.

This is a good game for when you want to shoot something for a few minutes in first person.

Do things ever get more... um... threatening than what they showed in the videos? Because it never really looked like the player was ever in any danger there.

[quote name='Scrubking']Yes the game can get very hard. Those videos are on easy.[/QUOTE]

OK scubking, I finally cleared space. I'll be downloading this soon and will probably want someone to play with. You think you can change the thread title so we can post our online codes in here [all 3 or 4 of us].

My online code:
0646 1441 0295

The presentation of the game reminds me of Ghost Squad and other old school Sega Arcade shooters like Virtua Cop. The sound and voice overs are cheesy and the moans of pain that come out of the Wii remote are annoying and hilarious.

When I first set up the game I turned the sensitivity to "D" the most sensitive control set. The controls still didn't move as free as I'd like. Once I started moving further through the level it didn't matter since this game plays more like an arcade shooter that you can strafe and backtrack in than an FPS.

The game doesn't have local co-op but the online multiplayer gives the game enough replay value. The game is a lot more enjoyable than those videos that were posted.

bread's done
Back