[OOS 9:53 AM PT] Xbox One Day One edition in-stock at Best Buy ($499.99)

Those day 1 achievements are selling for like $20+ on eBay. Easy money if you don't want the world to know you paid MSRP for a game console.
Wow. I didn't know these came packaged with an achievement. That's ridiculous. I guess I'm not surprised that people would pay top dollar for it, but come on... Don't make me miss the days where achievements "meant something"... because they never really meant much, but receiving them for buying a console is a new low.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I suppose I would be proud of a 'CAG Achievement' if they gave one out for waiting until the first hardware revision or third price drop two years from now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell the day 1 controller and achievement code for $100- $120, then use the toys r us 30% off coupon to buy another controller.  Don't forget Shopdiscover!  CAG Achievement Unlocked!  

Those day 1 achievements are selling for like $20+ on eBay. Easy money if you don't want the world to know you paid MSRP for a game console.
My brother bought a day one. If I redeem my profile on his console, will I get the day one achievement too?

Edit: I just read its a code.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="11318593" timestamp="1386178962"]It will now. Simply because you brought it up when no one else did.[/quote

Yep all my fault! :lol:

Good luck to everyone! I sold my Day one achievement for $40 on launch day. The market may have cooled some but folks definitely want them. Don't forget the sticker :)

To be honest, I'm glad I didn't see this. I have NO interest whatsoever in owning an XBOX One, but would it be a little crazy that the only reason I'd buy one is to play Dead Rising 3, complete it and then sell the console? 

... Yeah, maybe just a little bit.

My local Best Buy had 4 instock on Sunday.  I held it in my hands and contemplated giving into the Day One's warm MSRP embrace... but I held firm and put it down.  

so are non-day-one versions already out? i bought one from kmart and to my surprise they did ship out yesterday. so i wonder if thats a day one edition or the regular edition

so are non-day-one versions already out? i bought one from kmart and to my surprise they did ship out yesterday. so i wonder if thats a day one edition or the regular edition
Yeah, they're selling them simultaneously. Green boxes(sold day two and beyond) is standard. Day Ones are limited editions in black boxes.

Got my shipping confirmation this morning. What 2 games should I get. (Already got the multi releases on ps4) Dead Rising and ... Forza or Ryse?

bread's done
Back