[OOS] Band of Brothers/The Pacific Limited ed. set [Blu] - $56 shipped at Amazon UK

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't see this mentioned, and thought some might be interested. Amazon UK has the upcoming Band of Brothers/The Pacific Blu-ray set for just $56 shipped. A similar set (different packaging but same number of discs, not sure if there's any other differences) is currently selling for $105.49 on Amazon's US site. This is a great value for both sets on Blu. There's also an additional 60 minute documentary included with this gift set.

The Box set is completely Region Free, and comes out November 7th

LINK

Additionally, if you choose to pay using GBP rather than Amazon's converted US rates, and you know your cc doesn't charge you any exchange fees, then it works out to be ~$53 shipped (this will fluctuate depending on exchange rates). Usually the fees are about 1-3% anyway so this is still the better route to take.

resizedimage600426-band-of-brothers-the-pacific-blu-ray-box-set_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, $56 for both series on blu ray!? That's pretty damn insane. I was just reading the highdefdigest review of this boxset earlier today and I really want to see that new 1 hour documentary. This would be an instant-buy if I didn't already have Band of Brothers on Blu-ray.

Shit, should I sell my sealed Band of Brothers blu-ray boxset and preorder this UK set?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']
Shit, should I sell my sealed Band of Brothers blu-ray boxset and preorder this UK set?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the exact same thing.

If you heave each series set already, the only difference is the 1-hour documentary, so in my mind, it's not worth a double-dip.

If you only have one of the series, then it's worth listing your existing set somewhere and getting the two series gift set.

If you don't have either one, then this is a must-buy, as this is as cheap as one of the series gets and you get both of them, plus the bonus documentary.

[quote name='kklems']Damn decided to pick it up along with the harry potter 8 disc set and the 4 disc set of the pirate movies.[/QUOTE]

remember to save some money for Black Friday.
This is just the START of the spending season.

Man I already own Band of Brothers on Blu Ray. I guess I could sell that and get this. I just tend to suck at selling stuff on-line. Hmmmmm decisions!

Is the 1 hour documentary the same from the Best Buy Pacific exclusive disc?

Anyone on the fence don't hesitate. Band Of Brothers was incredible. I own the pacific but have yet to watch it. Heard its not as good as BOB but definitely worth a view.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Is the 1 hour documentary the same from the Best Buy Pacific exclusive disc?

Anyone on the fence don't hesitate. Band Of Brothers was incredible. I own the pacific but have yet to watch it. Heard its not as good as BOB but definitely worth a view.[/QUOTE]

The description says it's never before seen footage:

Called to Service
The 60-minute documentary, Called to Service, will include new historian interviews and reunites veterans from Easy Company (European front) and the 1st Marine Division (Pacific theater) in a conversation revealing their experiences after World War II. Organized in a four-act structure, the documentary captures how these veterans re-acclimated back to life after being at war and the transitions these men went through coming back home

Interesting deal. Looks like the packaging is different. The UK version looks like it's the BoB and Pacific sets minus the tin case in a cardboard slipcase. The US version looks like it's two landscape books (I'm guessing with the discs slipped into the pages).

Seems like the UK version would be more robust and easier to fit into your collection.

Any guesses as to whether Amazon US would match this offer? Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really shouldn't have but I couldn't resist this deal. I don't own either set and I adore Band of Brothers. I haven't actually seen The Pacific yet (I heard poor reviews from friends) but its a nice bonus. Greatly appreciated OP, thanks!

That's a pretty sweet deal.
I am considering it, since I only own both on DVD. I am kicking myself that I bought the DVD and not the Blu Ray at my BX on Black Friday last year. AAFES had a great deal on both, but I chose to pay $10 less for the DVD than the Blu.

I own both. I've only seen one ep of bob.really enjoyed the pacific. why do deals like these appear after I've already bought them. I also got world at war from amazon uk.

I plan on having my parents get me this as a Christmas present. This is a great if you don't own them on bluray. BoB is awesome, love WWII stuff. The Pacific was ok, but I was getting a urge to watch it again.

I got my dispatch/shipping notice earlier this morning. A quick semi-related question: Whenever I add the Harry Potter collection or even re-add the BoB/Pacific collection it doesn't show me what the total is in USD anymore like it did when I ordered Alien Collection and BoB/Pacific. Has anyone else experienced this?

[quote name='LordVila']I got my dispatch/shipping notice earlier this morning. A quick semi-related question: Whenever I add the Harry Potter collection or even re-add the BoB/Pacific collection it doesn't show me what the total is in USD anymore like it did when I ordered Alien Collection and BoB/Pacific. Has anyone else experienced this?[/QUOTE]

Just tried it out and same thing here. Maybe the exchange rate has been fluctuating more lately so they removed it? I don't really know.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Just tried it out and same thing here. Maybe the exchange rate has been fluctuating more lately so they removed it? I don't really know.[/QUOTE]

I found the answer to the problem:

The items covered by the total payment amount must be in-stock (if your order contains pre-order items or items that are out of stock, you won't be able to use the Amazon Currency Converter); and must not include gift certificates.

Of course that is YMMV becuase the Amazon Currency Converter showed up for me when I preordered BoB/Pacific collection.

Can anyone share their opinion of this UK bundle? Are the episodes and bonus features identical to the US version. Is there anything that will cause me to regret buying the UK version (I don't care about packaging)?

I have BoB on DVD and I love it. I have probably watched it 10 times. I started to watch Pacific on HBO when it aired but I couldn't get into it. I stopped watching Pacific after about 4 or 5. I thought the story was disjointed. The battle scenes in the first episode on Guadalcanal consisted of 2 "quick" night battles and I didn't get a sense of 6 months of fighting that the marines endured. I regret not continuing watching it because I think it would have gotten better. I was disappointed that the entire second episode consisted of shore leave on Australia. They could have spent more time on Guadalcanal and the conflict there. Am I apt to enjoy the later episodes more?

Also, Amazon UK shows the price as 36.47 GBP but the order summary shows 30.39 GBP (and 3.08 GBP shipping for a total 33.47)... why the difference in price?

Just got this (ordered 2 weeks ago). The packaging in the top right corner was dented so hard the slipcover, coverbox, all the way to the actual Bluray case was damaged pretty badly. The coverbox had an additional 2 more dents AND 2 long tears (so much for looking nice on the shelf) anyway the deal is over but if it comes up again youve been warned. I am very disappointed.:cry:

If we split the cost, we're looking at ~$28 per series. I'm not sure if that's the cheapest BoB has been new, but I'm pretty sure The Pacific has never been that low. It's a pretty great value for the whole thing, plus there's new content included in this set.

[quote name='nastyislegend']I'm a bit late to this party but can anyone who's received their copy confirm that this set is region free?[/QUOTE]

It says so in the OP...

Amazon UK is showing that this set is not region free and is, in fact, region B locked.

User reports say that it plays on region 1 players, though.. so.. who knows.

[quote name='Scorch']Amazon UK is showing that this set is not region free and is, in fact, region B locked.

User reports say that it plays on region 1 players, though.. so.. who knows.[/QUOTE]

The product page originally said Region Free, and a few people here have ordered. If there was a problem with it, I'm sure they would have mentioned it already.

[quote name='Scorch']Amazon UK is showing that this set is not region free and is, in fact, region B locked.

User reports say that it plays on region 1 players, though.. so.. who knows.[/QUOTE]

Amazon uk almost always says region b. It's their default thing

[quote name='wilflare']hmm seems like this is out of stock :/
do they still come in the Tin Casing?[/QUOTE]

It has been out of stock since around December 20. I e-mailed them about restocking, they said they didn't know if they would get anymore. I would just assume no, but maybe.

[quote name='CarltonBanks85']It has been out of stock since around December 20. I e-mailed them about restocking, they said they didn't know if they would get anymore. I would just assume no, but maybe.[/QUOTE]

That's why I tagged this thread! Hopefully it comes back!

bread's done
Back