OOS - Bond 50 Blu-Ray Set $39 Shipped

PayPal is probably refunding all the orders, they've probably received way too many complaints to be bothered by the company and locked their account.

lol@all you cheaps =P I just hope all of you get your money back.

Do you lose your ability to complain when going in you knew that in all likelihood this was going to happen?

Looks like PayPal is going to be working overtime to resolve all complaints. Means selling fees on eBay will go up next quarter. Thank you CAG!

Makes you wonder what the tracking numbers we got were for, although I have had cases where I'd ordered something from Amazon and the tracking information existed a day or two before I even placed my order, suggested they have weird shipping tactics where they can decide where something will end up when it's already en route.

So maybe it's something like that and someone realized the entire shipment from the vendor was not what they expected?

Cancelled. 10 Dollar Credit. I used it already to get a pair of sunglasses. Also, tracking number says shipped. But Def not to me. Oh well, Really bummed but expected this outcome.

Please blast NoMoreRack with a BBB complaint from the link I posted on the first page.

Here's the link again:

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/internet-shopping/nomorerack-com-inc-in-new-york-ny-136643
LMAO...wow. Really, shrike? I'm not saying they're without fault, but they refunded everybody's money reasonably quickly AND gave everyone a $10 credit. So, they advertised a product at a price they were not able to deliver on. You act like Toys R Us, Best Buy, and even the almighty Amazon hasn't had something like this happen before.

To me, this was no different than any other price glitch we see all the time. You win some. You lose some. I'm definitely not going to get my panties in a bunch over it and write unfair BBB complaints where people call it a "scam site". For that matter, I just took my $10 credit and used it to buy my wife's Valentine's Day present, lol. CheapAssHusband, what what! :lol:

LMAO...wow. Really, shrike? I'm not saying they're without fault, but they refunded everybody's money reasonably quickly AND gave everyone a $10 credit. So, they advertised a product at a price they were not able to deliver on. You act like Toys R Us, Best Buy, and even the almighty Amazon hasn't had something like this happen before.

To me, this was no different than any other price glitch we see all the time. You win some. You lose some. I'm definitely not going to get my panties in a bunch over it and write unfair BBB complaints where people call it a "scam site". For that matter, I just took my $10 credit and used it to buy my wife's Valentine's Day present, lol. CheapAssHusband, what what! :lol:
Yes, really. They need to be buried in a flood of bad BBB complaints, since they were advertising a product they never had and never could deliver on. There was no possible way that they could deliver on the promise of a 23-disc Bond BluRay set that was never in their possession and they never could ship. The FTC goes after companies like this and from the track record of its founder, this is something he's done time and time again and will keep doing until he gets put out of business.

The free $10 gift had you buy something from them, and gave them income they actually ended up keeping. Might have been their whole plan along to generate revenue and suddenly, you're singing their praises because they gave free money.

At least BB, TRU and Amazon are legit companies without the crap a company like NoMoreRack.com does time and time again. If a legit company screws up, I'm not expecting them to be scam artists like this fine company obviously is. BB, TRU and Amazon don't have F ratings from the BBB either.

Read some more about other crap they've pulled just like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, really. They need to be buried in a flood of bad BBB complaints, since they were advertising a product they never had and never could deliver on. There was no possible way that they could deliver on the promise of a 23-disc Bond BluRay set that was never in their possession and they never could ship. The FTC goes after companies like this and from the track record of its founder, this is something he's done time and time again and will keep doing until he gets put out of business.

The free $10 gift had you buy something from them, and gave them income they actually ended up keeping. Might have been their whole plan along to generate revenue and suddenly, you're singing their praises because they gave free money.

At least BB, TRU and Amazon are legit companies without the crap a company like NoMoreRack.com does time and time again. If a legit company screws up, I'm not expecting them to be scam artists like this fine company obviously is. BB, TRU and Amazon don't have F ratings from the BBB either.

Read some more about other crap they've pulled just like this.
Sorry, but it just comes off very "bitter ex-gf" like to me. I'm treating this as an isolated incident. I've looked over the site thoroughly, and I understand people had problems with them before. I would even be fine with saying they are disorganized and sloppily run. But the stuff people write about them being a "scam site" is absurd.

A "scam site" would have emailed about a "delay" in shipping and kept the money for months. To me, they look like any other deal site. Their shipping is slow, and they sometimes screw up orders. For the most part, it comes with the territory of paying a crazy low price. I don't go to Burger King and expect an Outback Steakhouse quality meal.

Could they do better? Sure. But nobody even lost anything here. They even gave you a free $10. I hate it when people throw the word "entitled" around...but what else could they have done to make up for the problem? Oh, they could have sent the 23 movie Bond set for less than $2 per movie. Yeah...and Wal Mart could have shipped those 50" TV for $200 too. It happens.

I don't understand what you're saying about having to buy something for the free $10. I placed an order. It got cancelled. My money was refunded. And I had a $10 credit placed on my account. They didn't keep anything. I'm not singing their praises. I just felt they handled this "goof' as well as they could have. Most people in here didn't expect the orders to go through.

Sorry, but it just comes off very "bitter ex-gf" like to me. I'm treating this as an isolated incident. I've looked over the site thoroughly, and I understand people had problems with them before. I would even be fine with saying they are disorganized and sloppily run. But the stuff people write about them being a "scam site" is absurd.

A "scam site" would have emailed about a "delay" in shipping and kept the money for months. To me, they look like any other deal site. Their shipping is slow, and they sometimes screw up orders. For the most part, it comes with the territory of paying a crazy low price. I don't go to Burger King and expect an Outback Steakhouse quality meal.

Could they do better? Sure. But nobody even lost anything here. They even gave you a free $10. I hate it when people throw the word "entitled" around...but what else could they have done to make up for the problem? Oh, they could have sent the 23 movie Bond set for less than $2 per movie. Yeah...and Wal Mart could have shipped those 50" TV for $200 too. It happens.

I don't understand what you're saying about having to buy something for the free $10. I placed an order. It got cancelled. My money was refunded. And I had a $10 credit placed on my account. They didn't keep anything. I'm not singing their praises. I just felt they handled this "goof' as well as they could have. Most people in here didn't expect the orders to go through.
Judging from their BBB rating, I wouldn't go as far as to call this an isolated incident. Personally I thought they left the sale on there for far too long at an absurdly low price. Many other sites would have pulled it within 2-24 hours. Its a really clever way to get a short term loan and increase your mailing list ten fold.

Do I think they should be crucified? No. Will I personally bother with the BBB? No. They refunded me before I had PayPal take it back. Again the price was absurdly low and I knew going in my chances of getting it were slim. I'm more annoyed the cancellation didn't come until much later.

With all that being said, they won't be getting my business in the future and I'll leave it at that.

Judging from their BBB rating, I wouldn't go as far as to call this an isolated incident. Personally I thought they left the sale on there for far too long at an absurdly low price. Many other sites would have pulled it within 2-24 hours. Its a really clever way to get a short term loan and increase your mailing list ten fold.

Do I think they should be crucified? No. Will I personally bother with the BBB? No. They refunded me before I had PayPal take it back. Again the price was absurdly low and I knew going in my chances of getting it were slim. I'm more annoyed the cancellation didn't come until much later.

With all that being said, they won't be getting my business in the future and I'll leave it at that.
That's reasonable. But I think the "they won't be getting my business in the future" should come with a qualifier like "...unless they offer the Star Wars Complete Saga on Blu-Ray for $19.99." haha. I would hope most of us here would have considered this a calculated risk. We had Paypal protecting our end, and we knew the deal was a longshot.

I'm all for "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." But I've also scored some pretty incredible deals due to perceived price mistakes and things people didn't expect to be honored. People dump hundreds of dollars into slot machines with far worse odds of success. Honestly, I think this type of "gambling" is much more fun.

Please blast NoMoreRack with a BBB complaint from the link I posted on the first page.

Here's the link again:

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/internet-shopping/nomorerack-com-inc-in-new-york-ny-136643
You know what shrike, if people were willing to crap at money for a $20 vita only to receive a fake coin, I guess even $40 is at peoples tolerance levels when it comes to a deal that is to good to be true.I would have never jumped on it even if I didn't already have it but people should take these things more seriously with criminals getting more sophisticated when it comes to identity theft.

Somebody on Blu-Ray.com posted that they used their Credit Card vs PayPal that hadn't been used in months and received an alert for a $200 pair of sunglasses in a completely different state that he resides in. Take it for what you want, but when things don't pan out the way expected and you loose money don't come out crying.

I don't want to pile on, and I don't feel like I have any say in how people spend their money but it is really frustrating to see the mentality of "I know it's too good to be true but PayPal/my CC company will have my back if it turns out bad".

I don't want to pile on, and I don't feel like I have any say in how people spend their money but it is really frustrating to see the mentality of "I know it's too good to be true but PayPal/my CC company will have my back if it turns out bad".
LMAO...how is that a bad mentality? It's called having peace of mind that your purchases are protected. I'm giving a business the benefit of the doubt that they are legitimate. nomorerack has WAY more history and background than some of the fly-by-night "stores" that pop up around the internet. If they actually choose to engage in illegal activity, why in fucks sake would I not have the right to have my financial information protected?

Let me make sure i follow your logic. You're saying that since the deal is "too good", I deserve to be ripped off and have money stolen?

I'm going to type that again so you can think it through one more time.

You're saying that since the deal is "too good", I deserve to be ripped off and have money stolen? Unreal.

LMAO...how is that a bad mentality? It's called having peace of mind that your purchases are protected. I'm giving a business the benefit of the doubt that they are legitimate. nomorerack has WAY more history and background than some of the fly-by-night "stores" that pop up around the internet. If they actually choose to engage in illegal activity, why in fucks sake would I not have the right to have my financial information protected?

Let me make sure i follow your logic. You're saying that since the deal is "too good", I deserve to be ripped off and have money stolen?

You're saying that since the deal is "too good", I deserve to be ripped off and have money stolen? Unreal.
No i'm saying don't be a fuckING idiot and think first.... in just about every one of these deals there have been people who said "...don't do it... it's a scam" and morons like yourself say "it's okay... if it is PayPal/my CC will give me my money back"

I mean seriously. Do you take accountability for any of your actions? Or should someone come by and clean up your mess?

Yep, that chinese seller is really going to send you a PS Vita for $20.. .and YEP that company no one has heard of (and those that have have only heard negative things) and has a "F" BBB rating is going to ship thousands of Bond sets for $39

I mean get real.

It was your (and many others') decision to take the plunge. From the beginning people had posted warnings that the company didn't have a great track record, and that there have been many issues prior to this. Everybody who jumps on these deals with a snarky "in for one cancellation!" with a slight glimmer that the orders will get fulfilled... I don't feel bad for either. You knew the risks, you took the chance, you got your money back, and that should be that. It was fun watching the palpable dread quickly fill these threads, though.

No i'm saying don't be a fuckING idiot and think first.... in just about every one of these deals there have been people who said "...don't do it... it's a scam" and morons like yourself say "it's okay... if it is PayPal/my CC will give me my money back"

I mean seriously. Do you take accountability for any of your actions? Or should someone come by and clean up your mess?
Yep, that chinese seller is really going to send you a PS Vita for $20.. .and YEP that company no one has heard of (and those that have have only heard negative things) and has a "F" BBB rating is going to ship thousands of Bond sets for $39

I mean get real.
So I'm a "fuckING idiot" for what now? Shopping at an online retailer I've used multiple times before and gotten great deals before, or for using a buyer protection program that was created for the sole purpose of protecting against things just like this? Sure, usually too good to be true is a mantra you can follow, however, tell that to the $15 Otter Box that's on our iPhones or the 4 or 5 other things I have purchased from the site before. Also, most other scam sites would've just tried to keep the money and not sent an apology along with $10 credit. Huh, guess I am, as you say, the "fuckING idiot" here. <shrugs> Have a good life kid.

Yup...apparently some people on CAG don't understand what a "scam" actually is. A "scam" is not a retailer cancelling an order (for whatever reason), and promptly refunding my money. The comprehension level of some people is unbelievable. I don't even care about nomorerack. But shit like GBAstar is posting is the exact reason I don't take certain complaints very seriously. But yeah...

88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif

If nomorerack knew well in advance they wouldn't be able to fill the orders and instead used it as a ploy in order to beef up their mailing list, that would certainly qualify as a scam.

Granted not a harmful one since we were all refunded and can simply opt out of further emails.

Either way if I have nothing to lose because Paypal will refund me I will ALWAY opt for something that seems "too good to be true" because sometimes it turns out it wasn't.

bread's done
Back