OOS: Deep Discount - Rock Band Wireless Guitar $48.99

merkman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I'm hesitent to post this here, simply because my order hasn't shipped yet, but here are the details as they happened for me.

Went to Gamestop yesterday after work. Having been playing Rock Band at least a couple nights a week lately, I was looking at all the new stuff and noticed they had 2 of the new Rock Band Wireless Guitars in. Asked how much, and I believe they were $70 or $79.

So I came home, and later that night checked PriceGrabber to see where the cheapest place was. Specifically looking at the XBOX 360 version, it said Deep Discount was $58.99. Figuring I'd just go to the site and take a look, I clicked the link.

Only when I got there, the guitar was $48.99. It didn't clearly say the Xbox 360 version, so I did a site search. And while the Wii version mentioned which one it was, the other didn't. No manufacturer part number, nothing.

So I go back to Pricegrabber and search for PS3 Rcok Band guitars. No mention of Deep Discount carrying it on any of 3 different links for the same guitar. So I figure I'm pretty safe and a place the order. But I also e-mail customer service and try to confirm the guitar is for the 360.

Now customer service was worthless sending me 2 automated e-mails, the 2nd about price matching which WASN'T what I was trying to do. But late last night / early this morning I got my order confirmation. I clearly shows I DID order the Xbox 360 guitar, but also that it's Out Of Stock, where last night when I ordered it... it clearly said it was IN-stock.

Seeems like a pretty good price, so I'm going to wait a few days and see if it ships. If it does, I assume I got a good deal, and will then be able to adjust the sound of my guitar while I play, use the solo buttons, etc.

I like my Guitar Hero III guitars a lot. I bought 2 wireless ones used, and they work great. But my buddy who places on HARD / Expert ALL the time swears by his Rock Band one, and I'll give it a try if it arrives.

Best wishes. Maybe someone else can get the same deal.

Just a heads up if it doesn't pan out, Amazon has then for $60, no tax, free shipping. I suppose that's the best you're going to get otherwise.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I absolutely HATE the rockband guitar. I think its a piece of shit.

More than $5 is too much IMO.

TBW[/QUOTE]

useful post!

Question - don't all the Rock Band guitars, wireless or not, plug into the USB port (or the receiver in this case)? If so, why wouldn't a 360 Rock Band Guitar or drum or microphone work on the PS3 or PS2?

bread's done
Back