OOS for now - Eternal Sonata (360) now (finally) $19.99 shipped from Amazon

I can recommend this title. I got a little ways in and got stuck and haven't resumed play as yet, but it is a pretty damn good action-RPG (and that is not even taking your limited selection on 360 into account) with a strange but very unique plot.

EDIT: Come to think of it though just to mention it this game is $16.96 or less if you can find it at Circuit City.

Not really into RPGs but this game was a lot of fun, maybe because the battles have a but more action and strategy then most RPGs I've played. Highly recommend, just wish it was this price on PS3 so I can buy it again.

[quote name='fairtrade']and that is not even taking your limited selection on 360 into account[/QUOTE]

Hey now - HD RPG champion! ;)

Highly recommended, played through twice and clocked in a total of about 62hrs. The second playthrough was even better with the increased difficulty. If you plan on playing through a second time, be sure to hit up the Mysterious Unison (bonus dungeon) in the last chapter.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Hey now - HD RPG champion! ;)[/quote]

Hm in HD? I cannot really argue with that. But still only probably 5 or so titles that spring to mind which are must-have.

[quote name='fairtrade'](and that is not even taking your limited selection on 360 into account)
[/quote]

Your basing this on what? PS3, PC, DS, PSP, Wii? If your saying the PS3 has more exclusives then I would have to disagree, they appear to be almost even at this point.

[quote name='Opie and Anthony']Your basing this on what? PS3, PC, DS, PSP, Wii? If your saying the PS3 has more exclusives then I would have to disagree, they appear to be almost even at this point.[/QUOTE]

Ya outside the DS the 360 is the RPG champ of this gen. Anyways personally I am waiting for the PS3 version to drop in price since its supposed to have extra content/characters.

Would grab it if I didn't already take advantage of Amazon's "15 days of deals" where they had it for $33.xx shipped for the PS3. Looking forward to playing it!

Is this deal a permanent price drop or is it a limited time offer?

Also, I liked the demo for this game quite a bit but have never played a JRPG before, is this a good game to introduce me to the genre?

Eternal Sonata has been this price at Sears for a few weeks now.

Haven't been back for a week, so I'll try again today. Maybe the price has dropped by now.

If you liked the battle system, sure. However, know that the battles don't change a whole lot. You'll be introduced to several of the multitude of RPG cliches, but the story is interesting.

[quote name='jacknicklson']How's the PS3 version? Holding out for $20 on that but might get this if its the superior version[/quote]

i'd like to know this as well. are there any major differences? i'll purchase the cheaper one if they are the same.

dang you got me all excited. my math equals $22.63 shipped... i'm still waiting for a true less that $20 to bite... not a bad deal though.

[quote name='kidrocklive']how does this compare to the tales game for 360?[/quote]

Not quite as good as that, but much better than the 2 RPG's Square Enix has put out this year. It's very colorful/slight anime style also so take that into consideration. A different take on a real life famous person who died 200 years ago. The game is set around the life/death of the famous composer Chopin.

[quote name='MSUHitman']A different take on a real life famous person who died 200 years ago. The game is set around the life/death of the famous composer Chopin.[/quote]

oh wow that's different

[quote name='ctrek3']i'd like to know this as well. are there any major differences? i'll purchase the cheaper one if they are the same.[/quote]

The graphics are a bit cleaner, nothing particularly noticeable though. There are two additional characters and an expanded soundtrack, there's probably more too.

Some of the areas in the PS3 version are downgraded graphically(Lighting is worse) But you also have the expanded characters, Clothing options ect...

Really you cant go wrong with either version. Flip a coin or something.

360 was one of the reasons why I got it to play some RPG's, Lost Odyssey is the best one I've played so far, backlogged on RPGs now....

[quote name='ruibing']Please drop the price for the PS3 version. I would buy it if it was $30 or less.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

*starts calling some retailers*

Circuit City near me has had stacks of these for months. They're stickered $59.99, so that helps explain it. If anyone needs me to pick them up one for sale or trade, send me a PM.

Cool I'm getting this :D
smile.gif

I didn't strike while the iron was hot this morning, but fortunately I happened to stop by Sears earlier today and picked up a (last) copy of Eternal Sonata for 19.99. So hey, still worked out I guess.

It should be 16.96 at Circuit City, I'm sure.

Unfortunately the two closest CCs near me didn't/don't have it in stock, so I wasn't able to jump on that myself. Maybe you will, good luck.

[quote name='malio']Coming up as In Stock and $17.94. Ships from some place other than Amazon.com though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the shipping kills the non-Amazon deals.

[quote name='malio']Coming up as In Stock and $17.94. Ships from some place other than Amazon.com though.[/QUOTE]

One of those non-Amazon sellers has $11 shipping. For a video game? Talk about highway robbery.

maybe someone canceled their order then, because I was able to jump in on the deal yesterday when i posted that it was back in stock

i guess just keep re-trying the site every now and then...if you want it that badly at that price

I just finished this last night, a pretty enjoyable RPG... a word of warning for achievement whores though: there is no way to possibly get more than 340 points on your first playthrough.

[quote name='ctrek3']i'd like to know this as well. are there any major differences? i'll purchase the cheaper one if they are the same.[/quote]I found the graphics on the 360 better. The triple added where you can play as two characters for a time, where they were NPCs on the 360. It didn't add much of anything for me, and like I said, I prefered the graphics on the xbox.

bread's done
Back