(OOS) Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (New) In Stock @ GameStop.com

The order with ME2 CE is still "verifying" but the order I placed AFTER it, with just two pre-orders has already cleared to the point of "shipping on blah blah blah"

/me crosses fingers harder

[quote name='freshzen']My order for 2 still shows up as backordered, haven't received any e-mails yet.[/QUOTE]

Thats alright, my copy has been "backordered" from Target since Febuary.

Mine has shipped. I love it when people happen to come across back store :)

When I get it time to sell my codes, and such. I mainly want the steelbook.

I did the same, got it with Alan wake LE to get over $100 and used 25off. Once the order is confirmed as shipped I will return the regular copy I got from amazon like a week ago.

Thanks OP but fuck you CAG for makingme spend more money yet again! :)

Got mine in 2 days. God I love living in one of the major shipping places in the US.

It's so much better looking then what I thought it would be.

I received both of my copies today - just three business days after I placed the order. Both games were sealed and in mint condition (no dings or dents on either box). I don't know where GameStop got its re-stock from. My guess is they just found a case or two somewhere in a warehouse. Same thing happened at Amazon.com a little while back.

Yeah I got mine yesterday, I think I placed the order on Monday? Surprisingly fast I thought. I was surprised to see that it does not come shrink wrapped but just that piece of tape over the top to indicate it's sealed.

Guess I got lucky this time. Fitting that it was my birthday on wednesday so I bought myself a present :)

Ruahrc

Got mine today.

The game looks alright, not too much damage to exterior, but the packaging it came in was horrible. I don't know if it was the handling or whatever but the envelope was ripped and I could see through into the bubble wrap. I trust the game still works though... opening it tomorrow probably.

Mine was packaged in bubble wrap with tape over the top. Which I wasn't fond of, it took a tiny bit off the front of the cardboard when I removed it, but it's pretty unnoticeable.

From the looks of it, since there have been reports that the LE isn't wrapped they may be display copies from their stores. Or at least some of them are display copies. They may have recalled all/most of their left over LE from the stores to sell on their website.

I remember when I got my LE from GS back in january. It was packed in a box, and was wrapped in plastic like all new games. I wouldn't put it past GS thay they just recalled the remaining copies from stores, and some were display copies.

[quote name='Ray5555']From the looks of it, since there have been reports that the LE isn't wrapped they may be display copies from their stores. Or at least some of them are display copies. They may have recalled all/most of their left over LE from the stores to sell on their website.

I remember when I got my LE from GS back in january. It was packed in a box, and was wrapped in plastic like all new games. I wouldn't put it past GS thay they just recalled the remaining copies from stores, and some were display copies.[/QUOTE]

Mine certainly wasn't wrapped in plastic... the game case still have the Microsoft seal over it, but there was just a piece of tape (but not something that felt cheap?) that help the two parts inside the larger sleeve.

It's fine with me, b/c it's not going in a display case or anything. :D

I have purchased many, many, many copies of this game, and not one of them was wrapped in any kind of shrink wrap. The bit of tape across the top is the only 'sealing' they did on this LE.

Just curious, but other than the art book, comic, etc. is the main appeal of this the DLC? Because I was one of the fortunate few to grab all of it for free when Microsoft accidentally put it up a day or two before the game's launch. I haven't bought ME2 yet, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else the LE has that would appeal to me.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just curious, but other than the art book, comic, etc. is the main appeal of this the DLC? [/QUOTE]

Yes, the DLC will get you some good cash on ebay.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, the DLC will get you some good cash on ebay.[/QUOTE]

That's nice, but doesn't answer my question. I already have the DLC. Is there anything else in the LE game wise that I'd be missing by just buying the standard version?

[quote name='sgaldis']I have purchased many, many, many copies of this game, and not one of them was wrapped in any kind of shrink wrap. The bit of tape across the top is the only 'sealing' they did on this LE.[/QUOTE]
I can verify that. I've purchased six copies of the ME2 Collector's edition from three different stores (Amazon, Walmart and Gamestop). The game does not come shrink wrapped and the only thing to prove that it's sealed is the tape along the top of the package that keeps the steel case and bonus items inside the slip cover.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's nice, but doesn't answer my question. I already have the DLC. Is there anything else in the LE game wise that I'd be missing by just buying the standard version?[/QUOTE]
Game-wise, it's the same. If you got all the DLC early from Microsoft's snafoo, this won't add anything to it.

Outside of the Collector's armor, you get a 48-page hardcover artbook, comic, bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes making of videos, and a steel case. If none of that floats your boat, there's no real point to getting it. I think oasisboy meant that if you buy the Collector's Edition, selling the Collector's Armor code on eBay (since you say you don't need it) will offset buying this edition of the game.

[quote name='aaronmills']Game-wise, it's the same. If you got all the DLC early from Microsoft's snafoo, this won't add anything to it.

Outside of the Collector's armor, you get a 48-page hardcover artbook, comic, bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes making of videos, and a steel case. If none of that floats your boat, there's no real point to getting it. I think oasisboy meant that if you buy the Collector's Edition, selling the Collector's Armor code on eBay (since you say you don't need it) will offset buying this edition of the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up. And definitely a good point about selling the code to offset the cost. I just wanted to make sure it didn't cover any additional DLC that may have been added since the game's launch. Good to know though.

bread's done
Back