(oos)Star Trek The Next Generation Complete Series $99.00 + shipping

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
GoHastings has Star Trek The Next Generation The Complete Series [gohastings.com] for $69.99 with $2.28 shipping. Add in coupon code GHWES1110 for $5 off. 49 disc set. This is by far the cheapest I've ever seen the whole series go for. Works out to less than $10 a season.
This is on slickdeals so it won't last

Looks like u need to be logged in to use the coupon maybe

Edit back in stock for 99.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='starkillr']This is easily the best BF item I've seen so far. I hope it actually ships out.[/QUOTE]

Just got an email that it shipped.

Yes! I didn't really think this was coming back in stock, but there it was this morning. Didn't get the coupon to work, but $72 shipped is still an amazing price on this

Just bought it and now it shows the price as 544.99 and out of stock. Thanks OP - this has to be the best deal ever.

Edit - still in stock and $70 if you use link in OP.

Ordered mine yesterday, and got a shipping confirmation, but on my account, it shows the order was canceled.

No biggie. Read the reviews on Amazon, folks. This set is a piece of garbage. Cheap plastic holders held together by tape, and the video quality is worse than the original individual seasons releases. I rather have good quality than save money.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Ordered mine yesterday, and got a shipping confirmation, but on my account, it shows the order was canceled.

No biggie. Read the reviews on Amazon, folks. This set is a piece of garbage. Cheap plastic holders held together by tape, and the video quality is worse than the original individual seasons releases. I rather have good quality than save money.[/QUOTE]
Wait, how/why is the video quality worse? It's the same amount of discs. I'm not sure why the quality of the transfer would decrease.

Just checked my account and it says my order for two sets was canceled :cry:. Tried calling the customer service number but the first guy gave typical response about not having stock, ect. and couldn't connect me to his supervisor because they were on break or something. Left a message; if they don't call back tonight I'll try again tomorrow.

Where on the order history are seeing that their order is cancelled? Trying to determine if mine was as well. Supposed to be a christmas gift so trying to figure out if I need to get something else.

[quote name='JP']Where on the order history are seeing that their order is cancelled? Trying to determine if mine was as well. Supposed to be a christmas gift so trying to figure out if I need to get something else.[/QUOTE]

It should be on the order details page, right under where it says Status.

I just checked mine and looks like it was canceled :whistle2:(

[quote name='nadohawk']I would....waiting for blu-ray.[/QUOTE]
You want a show that was recorded on tape to be released on bluray? Why? you realize there will be no improvement in picture, right? The original series was done on film, which is why they actually released it on HD-DVD and bluray, but TNG-VOY was taped. The only advantage might be fewer discs being needed, but that's all.

I haven't got a shipping confirmation for mine yet, but it still says in progress under status. I hope mine still goes through.

[quote name='nadohawk']I would....waiting for blu-ray.[/QUOTE]
The chances are slim. It wasn't filmed on film, so there's no benefit. Yeah, I know they put season 13 of the Simpsons on Blu Ray, but Paramount would still have to feel as though there'd be some sales benefit to putting TNG on blu ray.

Both my orders were canceled without email notification. Half a mind to call them on it since they posted more for sale on Amazon despite being "sold out" status.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Paramount would still have to feel as though there'd be some sales benefit to putting TNG on blu ray.[/QUOTE]
And when they do, it'll be $800. ;)

My status has changed to shipped and I got a shipping confirmation email overnight, but my credit card hasn't been charged yet. I'm hopeful but expecting it's a mistake and my order will mysteriously end up cancelled too.

Has anyone got it yet?

I had 2 orders placed because i was going to order one for my dad. One was cancelled and the other remains untouched. For those who got shipping confirmations whats your order number? Curious as to when you placed it compared to mine.

[quote name='Clak']You want a show that was recorded on tape to be released on bluray? Why? you realize there will be no improvement in picture, right? The original series was done on film, which is why they actually released it on HD-DVD and bluray, but TNG-VOY was taped. The only advantage might be fewer discs being needed, but that's all.[/QUOTE]

Somebody from Paramount actually said at the big Vegas convention this summer that they are trying to figure out if it's worth it to do the updating to TNG that they did with TOS. He acknowledged that it would be expensive, because of the whole video/film issue, but said that they were trying to make it work.

Which I believed, because if there's "Star" anywhere in the name, it's a franchise to try to bleed completely dry, over and over again...

Missed this entirely.. Oh well, I already have it, my GF bought it for me for X-mas a couple years ago, though for a lot more than this..

I didn't read the whole thread but I'm sure it's been mentioned: The packaging for this series is the standard by which all horrible dvd packaging is measured. The DVDs come in flimsly plastic trays which are TAPED together, and it falls apart within about 5 seconds. There's really no adequate description for how terrible it is, so suffice to say for those who got them you should get the DVDs out of the cases and into something safer ASAP. The whole thing just screams of "we know these nerds will buy this no matter what, so who cares how it's packaged" which is hardly unique in complete-series sets. It's a shame, because I would LOVE a well done collector's set of one of my favorite shows ever.

Looks like mine shipped out today. Awesome.

[quote name='bvharris']Missed this entirely.. Oh well, I already have it, my GF bought it for me for X-mas a couple years ago, though for a lot more than this..

I didn't read the whole thread but I'm sure it's been mentioned: The packaging for this series is the standard by which all horrible dvd packaging is measured. The DVDs come in flimsly plastic trays which are TAPED together, and it falls apart within about 5 seconds. There's really no adequate description for how terrible it is, so suffice to say for those who got them you should get the DVDs out of the cases and into something safer ASAP. The whole thing just screams of "we know these nerds will buy this no matter what, so who cares how it's packaged" which is hardly unique in complete-series sets. It's a shame, because I would LOVE a well done collector's set of one of my favorite shows ever.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some reports of discs having problems playing, did you come across that with your set? I bought this as a gift for my dad and if they aren't going to play right then that's just going to piss me off.

[quote name='JP']
I've seen some reports of discs having problems playing, did you come across that with your set? I bought this as a gift for my dad and if they aren't going to play right then that's just going to piss me off.[/QUOTE]
Yeah put me down as a curious one on this. Though if the reports are from Amazon reviews, I've seen some people not know they've bought a bootleg from the Marketplace and reviewed it as though they got a legitimate set.

I just got an email saying it shipped. Also, the amazon reviews make it seem like the bootlegged version of this set is the one held by tape, and the actual releases are better (although still on the low end of packaging). No idea how reliable that is.

Well I'll definitely report back on how mine looks and works. Even though it is a present for my dad I'm probably still going to open it up and check the discs/casing. I figure it'll be easier trying to return if there is a defect within a week or so receiving it instead of a month or so after it was delivered.

bread's done
Back