(OOS) Xbox 360 premium in stock (at $800 dollars!) at JC Penny

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']fuck them and their St. John's Bay Cosby sweaters.[/QUOTE]

That is beautiful!!! Thank God I am wearing a Gap Sweater or else I may have been offended!

[quote name='Zoglog']Retailers Pricegouging, aren't there laws against this ;)?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, the max they should be charging is the $400 retail price

[quote name='jm2u']Ho-ly She-yat![/QUOTE]

Seconded!

I thought there was going to be some games bundled, but I didn't see any.

Regarding the legality, MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

You have to love America and that holiday spirit!

But guys, it includes the following:

XBox® 360 Platinum Bundle includes controller, play and charge kit, battery pack and remote. USA.:roll:

[quote name='zewone']But guys, it includes the following:

XBox® 360 Platinum Bundle includes controller, play and charge kit, battery pack and remote. USA.:roll:[/QUOTE]
Should just say bend over and get ready for a pound me in the ass bundle

XBox® 360 Platinum Bundle includes controller, play and charge kit, battery pack and remote. USA.:roll:[/QUOTE]

It should come with a damn TV and a mini fridge for that price =p.

Even tho it is a MSRP technically I remember hearing some law about them not being able to pricegouge like that. At very least I think Microsoft isn't going to like it and they will get thier shipments cut off.

Now, you can get it cheaper on ebay . . .

Those looking for a sys and willing to pay something over list should start watching ebay. I've only peeked at it but you can see premiums closing near $700 . . . I bet $600 is coming.

Plus those packaged with games and extra controllers are not closing very high . . . this one just closed . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-...236379997QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A 2 Yr. Product Replacement Plan for the XBox 360 Console
A 1 Yr. Product Replacement Plan for the wireless controller's (2)
A 1 Yr. Product Replacement Plan for each of the three (3) Games
Gun
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Call of Duty 2
Extra Wireless Controller for a total of two (2).
XBox Live for 1 Year - Premium Gold Pack - This includes a 12 Month subscription card and a $20 coupon off any XBox 360 game.

For $910 with shipping, you at least get a bunch of stuff.

I bet prices may pick up at the weekend, but I think you could find an almost reasonable price on ebay . . . of course, not a cheapass one!

[quote name='Zoglog']It should come with a damn TV and a mini fridge for that price =p.

Even tho it is a MSRP technically I remember hearing some law about them not being able to pricegouge like that. At very least I think Microsoft isn't going to like it and they will get thier shipments cut off.[/QUOTE]

Lets taddle! :twisted:

I'm actually on the phone with the JC Penney factory ship coordinator right now...we ship stuff that they sell. Sadly it's not any St. John's Bay apparel...

I'll be sure to ask her if she is on crack along with the rest of her corporation. That should please my boss.

It's even more funny if you read "USA" as if it's a cheer at the end. "includes controller, play and charge kit, battery pack and remote - USA! USA! USA!"

Completely legal to charge that, the reason its suggest retail price is because of vertical price fixing, legally microsoft can't force them to charge that, but it can just be suggested.

"Item will ship directly to you from the supplier in 2 week(s) " i think thats a pretty interesting quote from that web page. all the arrows are pointing to the mid month shipment thats been rumored.

I called about the price-

I tried to get it recorded, but it didn't work out. The lady on the line didn't have a clue- but go figure- they have no reason or idea why they'd be charging 400 dollars more than it is worth. I asked if it was a mistake with the price and they said no.

Go figure- people are milking this- why doesn't Microsoft just charge 700 a pop right now and then just announce a price drop when they are more abundant. Makes more sense to me.

(yes I know, "it'd make the company look bad, etc, etc" but fuck, they knew people were going to pull this shit)

[quote name='schultzed']Now, you can get it cheaper on ebay . . .

Those looking for a sys and willing to pay something over list should start watching ebay. I've only peeked at it but you can see premiums closing near $700 . . . I bet $600 is coming.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not a gambling man, but I'm willing to take that bet. How about 1 shiny nickel?

Here are the average selling prices for Xbox 360s:

The week before launch $560

A few days after launch $780

Tonight (11/30) $849

I'm using the listing option with the picture of the 360 ([size=+0][font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]MPN[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]XBOX360[/font][/size]).

Will demand go down before Christmas? Probably not.

Will the market be flooded before Christmas? I thought so last week, but I'm not so certain now.

Demand remains high and supply remains low.

Before we guess on the future of the 360's price on eBay, what did we learn in economics?

Edit: BTW, my daughter is still holding onto her Kandoo passport.

Lots of people will be kicking themselves come January when every Wal-Mart, EBGames, and 7-11 is stocked to the ceiling with X-Box 360 premium systems at the current MSRP or less.

[quote name='wageslave']Lots of people will be kicking themselves come January when every Wal-Mart, EBGames, and 7-11 is stocked to the ceiling with X-Box 360 premium systems at the current MSRP or less.[/QUOTE]

Or less? In January? Oh, you're taking about January 2007.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Or less? In January? Oh, you're taking about January 2007.[/QUOTE]

Just keep telling yourself that...

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
Here are the average selling prices for Xbox 360s:

The week before launch $560

A few days after launch $780

Tonight (11/30) $849

I'm using the listing option with the picture of the 360 ([size=+0][font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]MPN[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]XBOX360[/font][/size]).

Will demand go down before Christmas? Probably not.

Will the market be flooded before Christmas? I thought so last week, but I'm not so certain now.

Demand remains high and supply remains low.

Before we guess on the future of the 360's price on eBay, what did we learn in economics?
[/QUOTE]

Update:

Today (12/04): $1,159

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Update:

Today (12/04): $1,159[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how exactly you're performing your searches, but a base premium system seems to have leveled off at roughly $750 (before shipping). I've been periodically searching completed items under the phrase 'xbox 360 premium.' Are you getting a disproportionate number of 0-feedback buyers under the phrase you're searching or something?

[quote name='gkrykewy']I'm not sure how exactly you're performing your searches, but a base premium system seems to have leveled off at roughly $750 (before shipping). I've been periodically searching completed items under the phrase 'xbox 360 premium.' Are you getting a disproportionate number of 0-feedback buyers under the phrase you're searching or something?[/QUOTE]

You're putting too much effort into it.

1. Click the "Sell" button on www.ebay.com.

2. Select "Online Auction" as an answer to "How would you like to sell your item?" and click "Start a New Listing >".

3. Sign in with your eBay User ID and Password and click "Sign In Securely >".

4. Select "Video Games:Systems" as the category to sell in and click "Continue >". Note: I don't use the enhanced, easier category selector because unloaded Java applets cause my browser to crash.

5. On the "List with Pre-filled Item Information side, select "Microsoft Xbox 360" from the dropdown combo box under "Platform" and click "Continue >".

6. Select the "Microsoft Xbox 360 - Game console" with the MPN of XBOX360 by clicking the "Sell one like this" button.

7. If necessary, garble some letters into the "Item Description" textbox and click "Continue >".

8. Under "Pricing and duration" you should see (at 2:05AM EST 12/05):

Microsoft Xbox 360 - Game console
Average starting price: $723.33
Average sold price: $1,150.89

Without looking at my previous post, I think the average sold price has dropped $9 since earlier today. Is this permanent or an indication of future prices? I wouldn't read that much into it.

However, it is pretty safe to say a brand new and sealed Xbox 360 can sell for 90-100% of the average selling price and fly off of eBay at 70-90% of the average selling price.

There's plenty of opportunity left to buy (or hoard) 360s and to sell (or flip) them on Ebay for a good profit.

Here's hoping everybody wanting to cash in on the 360 can grab a few dozen before the shortage is over.

jc penneys dropped the price of their bundle to $595. not to worry though. its already sold out. you get an extra battery and a play and charge. woooaahh, penneys!!! don't spoil us!!:drool:

I sent an email to JC Penney's about their insane markup and got a response saying that they are "unable to pricematch their competitors". Uh, yeah, sure, whatever. It not like I was planning to buy a 360 from them in the first place, but it's just odd to me that a national retailer would do something like that.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']You're putting too much effort into it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see now. Hmmm.. I wonder if maybe there's some delay between auctions actually ending and their being factored into that average selling price. Like perhaps an 8-10 day delay? I know that half.com has similar delays on its average selling prices. And try doing the search I suggested (an actual auction search, rather than beginning the selling process). Or simply search for 'completed auctions.' There simply aren't any unbundled premiums at all ending for more than $1000 anymore, and very few ending for more than $800.

I just don't want anyone who's looking to sell a 360 to get the wrong idea and think prices are increasing, because in reality, they seem to have leveled off. That isn't to say they won't increase again toward Xmas.

[quote name='gunm']I sent an email to JC Penney's about their insane markup and got a response saying that they are "unable to pricematch their competitors". Uh, yeah, sure, whatever. It not like I was planning to buy a 360 from them in the first place, but it's just odd to me that a national retailer would do something like that.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I've been thinking of a snide comment to make about Penney's regarding their inability to "pricematch".

Here's the best I could come up with in 2 minutes:

JC Penney's: Taking a stand against MSRP.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Oh, I see now. Hmmm.. I wonder if maybe there's some delay between auctions actually ending and their being factored into that average selling price. Like perhaps an 8-10 day delay? I know that half.com has similar delays on its average selling prices. And try doing the search I suggested (an actual auction search, rather than beginning the selling process). Or simply search for 'completed auctions.' There simply aren't any unbundled premiums at all ending for more than $1000 anymore, and very few ending for more than $800.

I just don't want anyone who's looking to sell a 360 to get the wrong idea and think prices are increasing, because in reality, they seem to have leveled off. That isn't to say they won't increase again toward Xmas.[/QUOTE]

There is a small delay. It is probably around 2 or 3 days. I know the items I sell do not affect average selling price immediately after the auction even if the item is the only one sold of its kind.

When I do completed auction listings searches, the values range too much, but I do see what you mean though. Core systems seem to sell for $550 or so. Premium systems are going for $700 or so.

I think a lot of the leveling out is eBay banning scammers, the use of auction-style listings and enough people buying Microsoft's lie that there will be plenty to go around by Christmas.

But then again ...

Microsoft Xbox 360 - Game console
Average starting price: $1,012.51
Average sold price: $1,438.79

From tonight of course.

Perhaps eBay has a bug. I remember over the summer that a PSP's average selling price swelled to $200,000. That was an obvious bug. It took them about a month to fix it.

bread's done
Back