[OOS] Xbox 360 Premium Systems (no bundle) in stock at walmart.com

Somewhere on a mountain's ledge J Allard is singing and crying and rolling around in a leaf-pile of $1000 bills at all of this. Microsoft has succeded in making this the hottest toy of the year, even without Halo 3. People that don't have milk or bread for Christmas will be getting Xbox 360s. Congrats Microsoft.

Also, to all CAG's, try your luck in stores or at .coms but don't boggle down an pay $3,000 on ebay or crazy Shaq Fu like that just to get the system.

The worst Christmas ever was in 2001 when I thought that the Xbox couldn't be found in stores, so I bought off ebay, and it turns out the seller was a reputation-booster and yada yada yada I was $400 in the hole. Ebay refused to resolve the situation saying the $400 was not expensive enough to investigate nor cheap enough to repay me for the scam.

And matters only got worse when I came across tons of Xboxs in KB Toy stores by mid December.

I called APX and the rep basically told me exactly what their website says. She said she would expect them to actually get the package later this afternoon (currently 2:27pm EST) or tomorrow. Do you think they're waiting until launch day to ship? If I knew for sure the thing was on it's way, I would forget all about waiting in line. As is, my CC is "pending" for a believable amount. I'll be keeping watch.

MjC

I got my "shipped" email this afternoon (both an XBOX 360 Premium and wireless controller). However, the UPS track ids aren't active. I still might go to walmart by me tonight anyways...

[quote name='secretvampire']I'll be damned, mine shipped just now. Went by UPS, tracking isn't active, but that is normal...probably tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

was that standard shipping? and where are you located? I am hating this APX stuff

[quote name='orphicblue']YEAH! They told me mine cancelled but it changed to ship this afternoon! WOOT no midnight lines or bundles!!![/QUOTE]

Mine still says processing...

Yea im hating this APX stuff too >_<

Wtf did some people get UPS and Fed ex over APX?
only thing I can think of is its based on your location and what ever is the cheaper method in getting the item to you.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Mine still says processing...[/QUOTE]

As does mine, and I'm depressed. Order at 12:30pm EST on Friday.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Mine still says processing...[/QUOTE]

Crossing my fingers for you man... chances are you'll be fine - I would think they would've cancelled orders by now if they were going to. Its been what, 3 days?

Best of luck!!!

[quote name='orphicblue']Crossing my fingers for you man... chances are you'll be fine - I would think they would've cancelled orders by now if they were going to. Its been what, 3 days?

Best of luck!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I'll live either way. I certainly don't NEED one right now. ;) If this doesn't work out I'll probably just wait it out for a price drop. It's pretty odd how this whole thing has been handled.

Ordered on Friday the 18th and got a 'your item has shipped' email the morning of the 19th. It's being shipped APX to NY, and the only thing in the tracking box is the manifest being received. This better be for real!

[quote name='spek']Ordered on Friday the 18th and got a 'your item has shipped' email the morning of the 19th. It's being shipped APX to NY, and the only thing in the tracking box is the manifest being received. This better be for real![/QUOTE]

same thing I have but shipped to ND.

[quote name='spek']Ordered on Friday the 18th and got a 'your item has shipped' email the morning of the 19th. It's being shipped APX to NY, and the only thing in the tracking box is the manifest being received. This better be for real![/QUOTE]

Because I am a paranoid super-nerd I called APX, (shipping to NY as well), they are small company which may be good thing. They told me that my pacakge is there and ready for shipment via USPS first thing tomorrow. So I hope that helps

Yea mines coming to NY too and I believe these are being shipped from Memphis,TN....which would take about 5 days to reach us.I calculated this using the USPS.com item transit form.

One person from the gaming-age.com forum spoke to APX and they said they ship their items from walmart from Tennesse and people that had originally ordered the bundles from walmart are having their 360's shipped from the same place.

[quote name='Wombat']Because I am a paranoid super-nerd I called APX, (shipping to NY as well), they are small company which may be good thing. They told me that my pacakge is there and ready for shipment via USPS first thing tomorrow. So I hope that helps[/QUOTE]

This was a nice post to read,hopefully whoever you spoke to was 100% correct.

[quote name='matrixadw']Yea im hating this APX stuff too >_<

Wtf did some people get UPS and Fed ex over APX?
only thing I can think of is its based on your location and what ever is the cheaper method in getting the item to you.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped via UPS, I just realized. I guess it is regional. I live just south of Cincinnati OH in Northern KY.

My order page is a little different now. I no longer have the option to cancel the order myself. It still says processing though. Not sure what that means though...

[quote name='chickenhawk']My order page is a little different now. I no longer have the option to cancel the order myself. It still says processing though. Not sure what that means though...[/QUOTE]

When that happened to me I had a APX tracking link at the bottom of the page and then it changed from processing to shipped under status like 1 hour later.

I dont know what it means if you dont have a tracking link,but its got to be a better sign that you cant cancel yourself.Just watch your email,you could get a shipping notice soon even before it changes on the website,thats happend to a few people I believe.

[quote name='orphicblue']Mine shipped via UPS, I just realized. I guess it is regional. I live just south of Cincinnati OH in Northern KY.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same area and mine is shipping via USPS. Seems a little strange but at this point what doesn't about this whole situation.

A poster from the Gaming-age forums got updated shipping,they really are being picked up and shipped :) Hopefully APX updates some tracking info like fed ex and like I said they are shipping from Tn.

shipstatus.gif

My UPS tracking code for my Premium System went active. It got an origin scan at BARTLET, TN at 537pm today. I'm on Long Island, NY

I live in Memphis but I still have the "MANIFEST RECEIVED BY SHIPPING PARTNER" from APX, and the USPS info in still not found.

Im not liking this APX thing at all. I spoke with APX and they told me it would take 8-10 days from ship date to get to CA. Then the post office would actually deliver it to me. So, the item will ship tomorrow (according to APX) I figure they will take 9 days (average of the two) and then another day to get it out to me from USPS. Oh well, still beats waiting out in the cold.

Found a review about APX using Yahoo search...ugh.

"

"The one problem that I had was with tracking my package. Walmart.com uses an intermediary for shipping, American Package Express (APX... yes, go figure). Their website is a bit scary (the graphics look very grainy) and the tracking information is iffy, at best. I've already received my package, and yet the tracking information shows that it has been prepared for shipment by USPS, and that it took four days to get to the sort center and handed off to USPS. A link is provided to the USPS tracking information, which tells me that my package arrived at 6:44 AM, which is surprising, since my mail doesn't get delivered until 1 PM"

[quote name='matrixadw']APX tracking rocks......not.[/QUOTE]

Good one man, you totally got us. I was like IS HE SERIOUS then BAM you threw the "not" in there.

Hilarious.

[quote name='matrixadw']Found a review about APX using Yahoo search...ugh.

"

"The one problem that I had was with tracking my package. Walmart.com uses an intermediary for shipping, American Package Express (APX... yes, go figure). Their website is a bit scary (the graphics look very grainy) and the tracking information is iffy, at best. I've already received my package, and yet the tracking information shows that it has been prepared for shipment by USPS, and that it took four days to get to the sort center and handed off to USPS. A link is provided to the USPS tracking information, which tells me that my package arrived at 6:44 AM, which is surprising, since my mail doesn't get delivered until 1 PM"[/QUOTE]

that most likely means that the package was last scanned at 644 am at the local sorting facility(it wasnt scanned when it was delivered to your house, but it was scanned the morning it was mailed to you)

So if Walmart billed my credit card and it says Walmart has shipped on there site, but I"m still getting the manifest received on 11/19 from APX am I probaby alright?

[quote name='civx']Good one man, you totally got us. I was like IS HE SERIOUS then BAM you threw the "not" in there.

Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

F off,thanks.

Luckily for me, since its being shipped UPS to me in NY from TN. The UPS site says its guaranteed to get to me in 2 days. So I should have my system on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That should sweet.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to deal with crappy APX. I've never heard of them, and there's probably a reason for that. That's crazy that you guys know that you'll be getting your system in a couple days although you thousands of miles away. I'm in the actual city they're shipping out of and and I'm uncertain on whether or not I'll actually be getting one.

Everyone's orders are coming from Memphis,its just it seems some of us got screwed over by getting APX.Unless tomorrow they update our tracking and can get us the systems at fast as ups/fed ex ground,but I highly doubt it.

so it seams like all the shipping costs have changed to $400 on this one. Should I order it and hope it's a mistake and call customer service tomorrow?

[quote name='ThePoisonNinja']so it seams like all the shipping costs have changed to $400 on this one. Should I order it and hope it's a mistake and call customer service tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I myself wouldnt take the chance and people who have called CS reps said they would charge you the $400 shipping.

I have no idea if anyone has actually ordered using that option,its a crazy gamble.

[quote name='matrixadw']I still dont understand wtf walmart.com did it this way :(

We all paid for the same ground shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I say we were lucky to get in on this at all. Plus, we were fortunate to get $13 shipping.

Some hit the jackpot with Fedex but the rest of us will likely get the sys within a week . . . that works for me.

[quote name='schultzed']Hey, I say we were lucky to get in on this at all. Plus, we were fortunate to get $13 shipping.

Some hit the jackpot with Fedex but the rest of us will likely get the sys within a week . . . that works for me.[/QUOTE]

Oh I am happy and feel very lucky too,I feel bad for a lot of people that missed out on this.

The whole ordeal has been odd right down to how they chose shipping for each of us,lol.

I just received my confirmation from Fed Ex! Delivery on November 23, I am stoked. I was one of the folks that received the cancellation notice from Wal Mart, but I guess it went through.

Guess I should be happy that I got one coming at all... but APX still only shows "MANIFEST RECEIVED BY SHIPPING PARTNER", and the USPS tracking doesn't know it exists.
But they finally have charged my CC

I went to Target at 7:30 with hopes of flying under the radar . . . 4th in line. After 10 min. a worker came out saying they gave out vouchers at 6 am . . . all systems spoken for.

One guy came by, he bought one at Sam's Club . . . camped out since midnight . . . OUCH!

[quote name='schultzed']I went to Target at 7:30 with hopes of flying under the radar . . . 4th in line. After 10 min. a worker came out saying they gave out vouchers at 6 am . . . all systems spoken for.

One guy came by, he bought one at Sam's Club . . . camped out since midnight . . . OUCH![/QUOTE]

This happened when I went to walmart last night. I was 8th in line. Turns out there were only 4 premium systems.

This is weird but sweet at the same time. Just for the hell of it I went to the best buy at the liberty tree mall this morning around 7 just before I head off to work and I walk in and ask one of the employees if they had any premium systems in stock and the girl told me they had about 20 left in stock. I was just shocked because I definitly thought for sure that they would have been all sold out so of course I pick one up and have it sitting at my house waiting to be opened. Just dumb luck I guess.

[quote name='Mex25']This is weird but sweet at the same time. Just for the hell of it I went to the best buy at the liberty tree mall this morning around 7 just before I head off to work and I walk in and ask one of the employees if they had any premium systems in stock and the girl told me they had about 20 left in stock. I was just shocked because I definitly thought for sure that they would have been all sold out so of course I pick one up and have it sitting at my house waiting to be opened. Just dumb luck I guess.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm hoping for at Best Buy this afternoon. They were supposed to get 42 in stock, and there were only a dozen people in line at 8am at Circuit City (which I'm hoping will be similar to the situation at Best Buy). There are about 6 stores in a mile radius where they are sold, so with any luck at least one of them won't sell out.

you guys are lucky i went to best buy at 7 in the morning and there were at least over 60 people there than i went to circuit city and tons of people there also im so angry now, they said they wont be gettin another shipments of xbox 360's til january

Well, since the webpage still said processing, I called and the automated system said that my order is scheduled to arrive on December 1, 2005. Hmmm....we'll see I guess.

bread's done
Back