Open Box Rock Band $120 PS3 & X360

[quote name='bassec']huh?! what the hell?

How did you hijack my thread to make it look like you posted it?![/quote]You dope. You didn't check to see if it was already posted. So a mod merged your thread with the old one.

And hijacking a thread is taking over a thread for one's own personal benefit. Usually associated with derailing a thread.

You should probably learn a couple of things before going and making a fool of yourself next time.

[quote name='MorPhiend']You dope. You didn't check to see if it was already posted. So a mod merged your thread with the old one.

And hijacking a thread is taking over a thread for one's own personal benefit. Usually associated with derailing a thread.

You should probably learn a couple of things before going and making a fool of yourself next time.[/quote]

Oh I'm sorry...I didn't realize that this thread was dedicated to "MorPhiend's School of Selective Grammar." There is more than one definition of hijacking...in this case, I believed someone came along, posted in my thread, then was credited as the author somehow...me believing it was a forum error. Thus he "hijacked" the thread from me. Get it?

And I made a fool of myself? To whom?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say "Hey you fucker, you stole my thread! fuck you! fuck yourself twenty times!!!" I'm pretty sure it was more of a "what the hell just happened?"

Don't be a dick. Get off your high horse.

[quote name='bassec']Oh I'm sorry...I didn't realize that this thread was dedicated to "MorPhiend's School of Selective Grammar." There is more than one definition of hijacking...in this case, I believed someone came along, posted in my thread, then was credited as the author somehow...me believing it was a forum error. Thus he "hijacked" the thread from me. Get it?

And I made a fool of myself? To whom?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say "Hey you fucker, you stole my thread! fuck you! fuck yourself twenty times!!!" I'm pretty sure it was more of a "what the hell just happened?"

Don't be a dick. Get off your high horse.[/quote]Yeah, look who the one ranting and raving and acting like a "dick" is. Like I said, you obviously have no idea how forums operate and now for the second time you are acting like a child. Making up magical occurrences for everyday, mundane forum clean-up activities is quite foolish. And randomly assigning a name to such magical activity when said name already has a common use in the jargon you are using just plain makes you look stupid.

The OP doesn't have a magic wand that changes the time of his post and puts it above yours. Your original assumption was nothing but a total lack of logic. I wasn't being rude (or ranting and raving like yourself). I was just stating facts. You don't understand what happened and you went off the deep end, making crazy "magical" accusations. That does make you look like a fool. You're just lucky the real jerks aren't here who go crazy on people like you for not looking a few posts down for an identical topic.

I was just trying to help you understand what happened and you are just a nasty, vulgar troll. So, "get off your high horse," psycho-man. And get some anger management.

[quote name='bassec'] Thus he "hijacked" the thread from me. Get it?[/quote]

I hijacked nothing I posted this 2 hours before you.

But the PS3 version is gone and the 360 is a much lesser deal at $140.

[quote name='bigtymer']I hijacked nothing I posted this 2 hours before you.

But the PS3 version is gone and the 360 is a much lesser deal at $140.[/quote]

Heh. Yeah, I realized what happened now. I was so confused though. I did a quick search and didn't see it, so I posted it. Then I thought that you came along, posted in my thead, and it bumped yours to the top. That's why it was a "what the hell?" kinda moment.

Well actually I win because I posted this deal a week and a half ago. No one was feeling it though.

[quote name='beezdeez']Well actually I win because I posted this deal a week and a half ago. No one was feeling it though.[/quote]Oooh, burninated!

Seriously though, if anyone ever sees this for less than $150, they would be crazy not to jump on it. Good find, guys.

I'm a bit concerned about their open box policy. There is a chance that parts may be missing?

Newegg.com does not test any product, including open box items. Open Box items therefore are only tested by the original manufacturer. Due to varying qualities between manufacturers, YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS.

Open Box merchandise are OPEN BOX products that contain components that have been owned by other clients and returned to Newegg.com. The products are sold considerably under cost. Newegg.com guarantees all open box products for 15 days only. CPUs, however, only have 7 day refund-only return policy. All open box items are considered OEM "barebone" parts.

Barebone means Newegg.com can only guarantee the item by itself, and no other accessories. No matter what the product description says, open box products may not have all the other accessories normally shipped with a new product. Newegg.com only guarantees that the barebone item itself will be included. Do not be upset or surprised if your open box product does not contain any cables, adaptors, manuals, CDs, drivers, fan, etc. Newegg.com will not send you any missing accessories, even if the accessory is essential to the product's operation.

While Newegg.com does not like to discourage sales, only the experienced PC enthusiast should purchase open box items and know how to deal with missing accessories. Only buy open box products if you are willing to resolve defects and/or know how to find missing accessories.

Open Box products do have a considerably higher return rate than brand new items. If you are just looking to get a good deal, please only buy new products.

YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS.

[quote name='SimplyBlue']I'm a bit concerned about their open box policy. There is a chance that parts may be missing?

Newegg.com does not test any product, including open box items. Open Box items therefore are only tested by the original manufacturer. Due to varying qualities between manufacturers, YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS.

Open Box merchandise are OPEN BOX products that contain components that have been owned by other clients and returned to Newegg.com. The products are sold considerably under cost. Newegg.com guarantees all open box products for 15 days only. CPUs, however, only have 7 day refund-only return policy. All open box items are considered OEM "barebone" parts.

Barebone means Newegg.com can only guarantee the item by itself, and no other accessories. No matter what the product description says, open box products may not have all the other accessories normally shipped with a new product. Newegg.com only guarantees that the barebone item itself will be included. Do not be upset or surprised if your open box product does not contain any cables, adaptors, manuals, CDs, drivers, fan, etc. Newegg.com will not send you any missing accessories, even if the accessory is essential to the product's operation.

While Newegg.com does not like to discourage sales, only the experienced PC enthusiast should purchase open box items and know how to deal with missing accessories. Only buy open box products if you are willing to resolve defects and/or know how to find missing accessories.

Open Box products do have a considerably higher return rate than brand new items. If you are just looking to get a good deal, please only buy new products.

YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS.[/QUOTE]

this really is a message for people buying computer parts and expecting it to come with all the connectors, i.e. ide cables and the like. i can almost guarantee that this will come with everything, probably in brand new condition.

Newegg is really reputable. They aren't going to give you something that is broken.

I'm pretty sure these are returns where they are RMA'd, meaning the person sending it back has to have a reason for sending it back. If it's broken, they aren't going to put it back up for sale.

360 Version is back down to $130 with free shipping. Not quite as good as the OP, but still a pretty good deal. Anyone that bought an open-box version from newegg have any problems?

Just ordered one for the 360, since I had over $100 left in my paypal account! Hopefully that will make this much more of a bearable purchase for my wife! :D Couldn't convince her to let me spend $150 + tax on it from Sam's Club. I'll try to report back when I receive mine.

[quote name='beezdeez']Newegg is really reputable. They aren't going to give you something that is broken.

I'm pretty sure these are returns where they are RMA'd, meaning the person sending it back has to have a reason for sending it back. If it's broken, they aren't going to put it back up for sale.[/quote]

Indeed. Newegg is extremely reputable and would not sell you garbage. If there is problem, Newegg is also very good at fixing their mistake. I wouldn't say their customer service is as good as Amazon, but they are certainly up there. If I didn't already have this, I would jump on it.

I just pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately for me, there is a newegg outlet in NJ so the 7% sales tax pushed the cost up to $139.99 (Not very hot).

Other than that, thanks OP for the great deal! Crossing my fingers that this is new like zenintrude's!

[quote name='JOHNNEY5']I just pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately for me, there is a newegg outlet in NJ so the 7% sales tax pushed the cost up to $139.99 (Not very hot).

Other than that, thanks OP for the great deal! Crossing my fingers that this is new like zenintrude's![/quote]

I just checked that out, I never knew they had a warehouse in NJ? If I could find out where it is...I might get some pretty good open box deals. That's if they sell stuff there.

The site says that the warehouse is in South River, NJ.

I don't think you can do local-pickup on newegg though :whistle2:\

I'll reply when I receive the package - it's still in stock for 360.

[quote name='Genius Blog']yea $140 or me too in california! dangs.[/QUOTE]

You're only saving $7.00 and risking open box over getting a new one from amazon...

Looks like the deal is dead now. Last night it was showing up as Out of Stock and now it's saying Deactivated. You know you're history if you're "Deactivated" :)

I ordered one last week and it arrived yesterday. Everything looked pretty much new unboxing it, although when I was looking things over closely I did notice a few small scratches on the guitar. Playing the guitar it seems like the up-strum isn't as easy as the down-strum, and when I started playing some of the harder songs the down-strum didn't seem to always register. This is my first guitar game though, so going to try it for a few days, make sure it's not just me. I haven't tried the drums yet. But overall I'm pleased as punch with the deal. Everything was included, and in really good condition. If the guitar is faulty it doesn't look like it will be too difficult to replace through EA.

Thanks OP for the find. Great deal!

bread's done
Back