Open Box Samsung 1080P

MrBrando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
ok, so my best buy has a 40 inch 1080P samsung TV for $1300. I love this tv but I'm worried about the open box aspect. In your guy's opinion should I get this right away? What's their warranty on open box items? it's was 1800 a week ago and now it's down to $1300. will they tell me why it was brought back or if it's open box? it's this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+1080&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1142298457279

Also does anyone has this TV or know if it's really that good? it looks quite amazing to me and if it's be good for video games (PS3). Thank you

I think that's a great deal open box or not. Pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the tv or they'd send it back. Sometimes people get tv's home and they are too big or too small or not what they were looking for and they take them back. The warranty will be the same as if you bought new so no worries there. Everyone always raves about Samsung tv's. If it were me, I'd snatch it up!

Just got a samy DLP..very happy with it! This looks like a good deal, I would jump on it..depending on the warranty;)

Super Bowl Big Game return I'll betcha. Get the extended warranty if you're worried cuz you'll still be getting a nice deal.

My brother bought a TV from BB a year ago (huge mutha) and two days after delivery his wife got laid off ... back to the store it went for someone to get a good deal on.

Usually the warranty is from date of purchase, not date of opening so you should be good, but like a previous poster said you can get an extended warranty. BTW, most people don't know that you don't need to get BB's extended warranty, you can call Samsung and get it right from them usually cheaper; if you live in a larger metro area I'm sure you have a Sammy warranty center close.

[quote name='klwillis45']Super Bowl Big Game return I'll betcha. Get the extended warranty if you're worried cuz you'll still be getting a nice deal.[/QUOTE]
You see these every year, I was in a Cheyenne Wyoming Sears a few nights ago and they had more than 20 open box TVs jammed into their electronics section

Why not? Samsung models are pretty good. I am debating about getting a spare 32 for my bedroom.

If you ask them, they will say why its open box. If you are concerned about warranty, you can get an extended warranty through best buy as if it was new. They should offer some normal warranty for free.

If you are looking at a DLP for gaming, really think about it.. the lag isn't noticable untill you see talking, or playing a game like wii sports baseball.. but needless to say its very annoying.

[quote name='Boeing 747']If you are looking at a DLP for gaming, really think about it.. the lag isn't noticable untill you see talking, or playing a game like wii sports baseball.. but needless to say its very annoying.[/quote]

I disagree, I have a Samsung DLP and I think its fine for gaming. Its only 720p, but I dont notice any lag.

[quote name='Boeing 747']If you are looking at a DLP for gaming, really think about it.. the lag isn't noticable untill you see talking, or playing a game like wii sports baseball.. but needless to say its very annoying.[/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed any problems with my Sony 720P DLP. I have had it for over a year.

bread's done
Back