opened "new" gamestop return question

Brodown

CAGiversary!
Since these games are already opened and sold as "new" what is the return policy on them since technically they sold it to me already opened...so obviously I would return it in it's "new" state according to their standards even though it will be an open case.

Had a terrible experience at Gamestop earlier and I don't feel right about letting them keep my money, would go into it but there's no point I think we've all been disrespected by some punk teenager clerk at one point or another.

As far as I'm aware even if it's sold to you as new if it's opened they won't take it back as new...yes it's dumb but sadly it's their rules.

But guess there is always a chance the store you go to will have people that understand how dumb it is they sell opened "new" games.

I've returned "new" games before without a problem.

Sometimes they put a little sticker over the case so they know if you've opened it and sometimes they don't. There's no reason why they should deny you the return.

Everytime I've seen Gamestop try to sell someone a new but opened game they always reseal it with a clear sticker.

As long as that is their and it hasn't been tampered with I don't know why they would deny the return.

I'm not seeing a clear sticker anywhere on the case so I wonder if they even put it on the cause at all, I don't remember seeing the clerk put it on but he may have I was not paying close enough attention to say for sure. I still have to go in to cancel a pre order so I will be trying this regardless tomorrow if not soon.

was talking to one clerk while the other got the game and I never noticed it was an already opened copy until I had been given my receipt and when I asked for a sealed copy I was told they had no other new copies. I would not of purchased it if I knew beforehand it was opened. Then having a smart ass goth kid(dressed in frilly vampire looking shirt which was too funny not to point out) talk shit to me because I had the nerve to ask for a sealed copy happened to rub me the wrong way(go figure..).

Should of gotten a refund right then but I had a feeling the angry clerk wouldn't of accepted it or he would of just further caused more of a scene what with him already being so over emotional simply because I asked a question that he pry hates hearing or having to deal with.

Stupid story which is why I didn't say it in the first place but if you must know why I want to return the game I guess I have to tell you for you to understand.

[quote name='GBAstar']Everytime I've seen Gamestop try to sell someone a new but opened game they always reseal it with a clear sticker.

As long as that is their and it hasn't been tampered with I don't know why they would deny the return.[/QUOTE]

My GSes often don't put the clear sticker on because they've run out of them, and in those cases, they won't take the return because it was "opened".

such a cheap tactic on Gamstops's part to even do this, total bastard move to sell someone an opened game as new that is un-returnable. Just a reminder to myself why I never shop at this awful stores, every experience is disappointing.

I have not been free of having bad experiences at GS stores, but for the most part, all the ones near me have been pretty good. Policy is policy is policy, so don't even bother continuing with this GS hate circlejerk, it won't get you anywhere except mad. Employees may suck, but there are no companies that I know of that want to lose your continued business.

You should just call ahead and try asking to speak with the manager and explain that you didn't want an already opened copy or that it was supposed to be a gift... just from a CS point of view, they should be pretty understanding about that. What game was it by the way, was it a new release or an older title? Just curious.

Anyways, leave everything else about your bad experience out of the conversation with the manager because that's not likely to help your cause, GS ground level employees are far more likely to stick together since they have to work with each other and they're not likely to side with what sounds like a problem customer over one another.

If you're a kid, instead have an adult physically accompany you to the store and either back you up or do the talking. There's a possibility bad GS employees could bully you if you're a kid, but you'd have to be a pretty terrible employee to try the same with an adult.

If all else fails, as to speak to the district manager or if he/she is busy, at least ask for their full name. Take down everyone's names that you've dealt with beforehand though...the name of the employee that sold it to you is on the receipt and everyone should be wearing a nametag. If they give your their district manager's number, contact them and calmly explain that the product was already opened and that you would like your money back or if it is acceptable, an exchange for one that is still sealed.

If they only give you the name of their DM or even if they refuse to let you know, contact corporate via their website and calmly explain... request to speak with the DM on this manner.

No matter what, keep calm in all of this and be persistent, you have to believe you are in the right about this. You shouldn't need to go past the DM to get what you want or to find someone that is understanding of your position. I'd say good luck, but you shouldn't need it, so get to work.

bread's done
Back