Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (X360) $49.99 - Fry's [B&M]

iRent

CAGiversary!
Went to fry's yesterday afternoon after going to Bestbuy and Gamestop (both were OOS) and found Operation Flashpoint marked $59.79. Took it to checkout and it rung up $49.99. This was at the Woodland Hills Fry's in California. Happy hunting.

Edit: Just checked their site and it lists Flashpoint $59.79 FYI

[quote name='iRent']Went to fry's yesterday afternoon after going to Bestbuy and Gamestop (both were OOS) and found Operation Flashpoint marked $59.79. Took it to checkout and it rung up $49.99. This was at the Woodland Hills Fry's in California. Happy hunting.

Edit: Just checked their site and it lists Flashpoint $59.79 FYI[/QUOTE]
Have you played it yet? About 90% of what I've heard about it is bad... D:

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Have you played it yet? About 90% of what I've heard about it is bad... D:[/QUOTE]

It's more simulation than COD4/WaW. Without perks, and needing to bandage wounds, this game gets considerably harder. On 'hardcore' (mode) you'll be running around the island without any HUD (like in real life), markers, etc.You'll need to pull out your map and such. Objectives take place over huge maps. Also, this game is better played co-op campaign above all else. Microphones are really a must. SP works well.

Right now there's a bug on finding servers (hosts). The browse server really only works 50% of the time.

I'd say this game is a mixture of Bad Company, Far Cry 2, & COD. It takes the feeling of full out war from BC, the sheer size of far cry 2, and the modern warfare from COD and wraps them all in a realistic bundle. By realistic I mean:
Strategy over brawn (such as using cover, rules of engagement, etc.)
A well placed bullet can kill you (Doesn't mean you will die one shot every time.)
While sniping you will have to adjust for distance/gravity.
And micro managing a unit.

So all those haters are really people who can't deal with the fact that you can't equip juggernaut and and expect to live through a whole clip of bullets.

I'd say rent this before you make a decision but if you were going to get it anyway here's a good price for ya.

bread's done
Back