Opinions on Online / Mail In Trade In Services (Amazon, Best Buy, etc.)

jkanownik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Now that Amazon's trade in service having been active for awhile and Best Buy has jumped into the game, I'm wondering how people feel about these services.

Personally I tried Amazon due to their 50% coupon offer, but I won't be doing it again unless there is another crazy offer like that. It simply isn't worth the risk unless there is a really compelling offer like that again. They cracked one of my games when they pulled it out of the case and tried to blame it on me. For the current $60/$30 promotion I wouldn't risk sending in less than $80 worth of games for fear of things being rejected and at that point EDGE + bonuses would beat out Amazon.

I guess it's nice to be able to use the credit on things other than games, but at the same time as long as you continue gaming you will never receive enough trade in credit to offset your future gaming purchases. Amazon usually does have the best prices on new games, but Gamestop has been doing some pretty good new promotions lately in addition to the used B2G1's and coupons they always have.

I use Goozex. I looked into some of those store programs but they just seemed like a rip off compared to the amount of points I could get on Goozex.

But could be good for people who want to trade stuff to get new releases since it tends to take 3-6 months to get a major new release off Goozex. Doesn't bother me though, since I don't care about playing games at launch. And something like a Gears of War where I want to jump into the online right away I'll just buy at launch.

bread's done
Back