Optimus Primes' original voice is returning

1f3cbc040e0b72c218d2b7a13c6e4a59uq3.gif

I wish I lived in lazy town. :(

Can we expect some Latino transformers this time around? I mean come on a lot of VW bugs where produced in Mexico, so why cant Bumble bee have a Latino accent and matching "la cucaracha" horn beep?

I don't know if this has been posted info about the TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD.

New York, New York, July 21, 2006 - SONY BMG Music Entertainment will help usher in the next phase of TRANSFORMERS mania as it unveils the specifics of its November 7th release of TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD. Since announcing the title in June, fans have been clamoring for more details * nearly as much as Decepticons clamor for Energon * and they will not be disappointed. Sony BMG Home Entertainment has gone to painstaking lengths to put together the ultimate package that will surely appeal to the huge, passionate and multi-generational TRANSFORMERS fan base.

For the 20th anniversary edition, Sony BMG Home Entertainment completely re-mastered and color-corrected the film and will present Optimus Prime, Megatron and the rest of the star-studded Autobots and Decepticons in true splendor through three distinct versions:

16 X 9 WIDESCREEN PRESENTATION * which has not been seen anywhere since the movie was in theaters 20 years ago.

AUTOBOT MATRIX OF KNOWLEDGE PRESENTATION * Truly showcasing the pop culture phenomenon that is THE TRANSFORMERS, SONY BMG has created a special version of the film for the DVD release. The Autobot Matrix of Knowledge will feature trivia and fun facts about the movie itself, the TRANSFORMERS brand, and the pop culture references in which TRANSFORMERS has been spoofed/tributed. Approximately 100 fun facts will show up on screen throughout the movie. Many of the factoids were provided by fans through a special DVD site created by Sony BMG to solicit input -- marking the first time that the huge TRANSFORMERS fan base has ever been asked to participate in the creation of a TRANSFORMERS home entertainment release.

FULL SCREEN EDITION

Adding to the excitement for this DVD, Sony BMG Home Entertainment has partnered with Paramount Pictures to provide a behind-the-scenes sneak peak at next summer's highly anticipated TRANSFORMERS live action movie event. The special feature segment on the DVD will include comments from Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg who share their vision and passion for TRANSFORMERS.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will take viewers even more inside this cult favorite than ever before through all-new interviews and first-time-ever commentary tracks. Exclusive new interviews with director Nelson Shin, story consultant Flint Dille and Sue Blu, the voice of fan-favorite Arcee, are included in this fantastic new special edition DVD.

To further commemorate the 20th anniversary of the film, SONY BMG is providing fans with some extra-celebratory content that lets them track back to the true origins of the TRANSFORMERS. After careful consideration and preparation, Sony BMG has scoured the archives for the best TRANSFORMERS-related footage available, and the DVD will include the original commercials for the toy line and movie -- allowing viewers to see how and where the phenomenon began.

Beyond the actual DVD content, Sony BMG Home Entertainment is expanding the DVD's collectibility to the packaging itself. The company has commissioned fan-favorite artist Don Figueroa to create the imagery for a special "transforming" cover. Through his much-heralded work with TRANSFORMERS, Don's art brings to life the characters so many have grown to love. With Optimus Prime appropriately situated in a position of prominence on the cover, the Autobot leader is joined by Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Blaster and more of the most popular TRANSFORMERS characters on the first image of the special "transforming" cover.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie features the voice of Orson Welles in his final role, as well as stars Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker. The DVD also features a winning soundtrack featuring the iconic theme "The TRANSFORMERS" performed by Lion, and the popular "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush. The movie, set in 2005, chronicles the efforts of the heroic Autobots to defend their home of Cybertron from the evil Decepticons and Unicron, a huge robotic creature that devours planets.

And check this out.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQu3Pyc3_8[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I wish I lived in lazy town. :(

Can we expect some Latino transformers this time around? I mean come on a lot of VW bugs where produced in Mexico, so why cant Bumble bee have a Latino accent and matching "la cucaracha" horn beep?[/quote]
Bumblebee is now a Chevy Camaro because Volkswagen didn't want their cars associated with a movie that glorified war and violence... I wish I was kidding.

[quote name='kaw']Bumblebee is now a Chevy Camaro because Volkswagen didn't want their cars associated with a movie that glorified war and violence... I wish I was kidding.[/QUOTE]

Pfft..... Germans.

why the fuck are those idiots in the crowd laughing at some of the scenes in the movie? respect the movie god damn it.

btw its going to be a really tough sell on this remastered one coming up vs the original 2000 release.

and finally........with the news that Cullen is going to do the voice again............
like someone said in another site, when Prime says "Autobots, transform and roll out!" everyone is going to be cheering and going nuts...... if they do it properly it should be at the end of the new movie and fades to black after the roll towards the screen. Now they need to bring back either the original composers from the show (does anyone know who the hell these people where??) and Vince DiCola. That guy is very talented, yet you never hear his work anymore :(

Glad Cullen's in, now all we need is Welker and we're set.

A little off topic:
Did anyone at the San Diego Comic Con manage to get an extra Nemesis Prime they would want to sell me? It was supposed to be available through Hasbro Toy Shop also, but through a debacle the likes of which I have never seen, it wasn't. Now I must either suffer Ebay scalpers or the knowledge that my Alternator collection is incomplete.

This is such a big deal to bring G1 fans (like myself) in the theatre to see this. I would enjoy to see Welker get cast, and having Cullen's voice in a trailer is going to bring even the most reserved G1 fan in the theatre. If Bay plays his cards right, then this movie might make back its budget in the theatre instead of being a flop, like many people are predicted. I think the rerelease of the original movie will also help out this movie as many critics who canned it 86' seem to be saying that they wrong.

I need to bookmark this thread.. I didn't realize how much Transformers talk was going down :)

So...Frank Welker .... Megatron (voice) (rumored)

any insider info on this?

bread's done
Back