Orange Box key won't activate

Megalith

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What the hell is this? I haven't even gotten to installing the game yet because it's stuck on the "Activating key with steam..." progress bar. The Steam client connects just fine, so what is the problem?

[quote name='Megalith']What the hell is this? I haven't even gotten to installing the game yet because it's stuck on the "Activating key with steam..." progress bar. The Steam client connects just fine, so what is the problem?[/quote]

Steam servers are down, I just got Saint's Row 2 and it wants to activate through steam, but is giving me the Steam servers are down. You will have to wait until they come back up to install. Yes I know it sucks.

Yeah, unfortunately it seems the servers took a hit today. I think there was some major infrastructure issue. Heard of LOTS of outages today.

Tragically, a second thread was hijacked today at CAG...

I saw a used Orange Box for PC at Goodwill today for $10, but passed because I remembered past problems with Steam. Is it possible to play a used copy of Orange Box, or was I wise to leave it?

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Tragically, a second thread was hijacked today at CAG...

I saw a used Orange Box for PC at Goodwill today for $10, but passed because I remembered past problems with Steam. Is it possible to play a used copy of Orange Box, or was I wise to leave it?[/quote]

you were wise to once you activate a game on steam it is tied to that account for llife. so unless it came with the steam account info which i highly dobut,youwere wise to leave it.

bread's done
Back