Order From Gamestop or Amazon

elyfant422

CAGiversary!
I had preordered Halo Reach Legendary Edition from Gamestop when they had that deal working with the coupons, it came out to $146 and some change. I also put in a preorder to Amazon for $149.99. Both now come with $20 credit towards a future purchase. I was wondering which is the best option. Save the 3 dollars with Gamestop or stick with Amazon to use credit that will stack? Any opinions on which is better would be appreciated. Thanks.

Everyone here hates Gamestop and loves Amazon, so this should be an interesting thread... Go with evil and save $3 or go with use the saintly stack?

You need a poll. :p

ive never ordered from GS, but the couple times ive had issues with orders from amazon their CS was outstanding. so i think the 3 bucks is worth the peace of mind that if something should happen to your $150 order amazon will fix it. i cant say the same about GS but maybe someone else here can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall, I would say to go with Amazon because of the coupons stacking. I DO like Gamestop, however, and if you think there is any chance you might change your mind about a game within 30 days of getting it, I think it is much easier to just return a game to Gamestop (in original condition of course) and get your refund than to have to mail it back to Amazon. Of course, if it's a used game, that always gives you a few weeks to play it and/or beat it and then return it - which I'd never feel right doing, but it is an option.

CS from both has always been good in my experience. Gamestop is more prone to errors, I'd say, but sometimes that can work in your favor.

bread's done
Back