Order your component cables now

[quote name='Gojtron']He found my nintendo.com info and updated it for me, no free shipping upgrades unfortunately. Paid for the fastest since I'm across the country from them.[/QUOTE]

the guy told me 2-3 days for normal shipping.

[quote name='mofo1115']Looks like I'll be heading to Best Buy to get my third party component cables with ggc[/quote]

Yeah I have to get mine at GS/EB with my credit so this is a no-go anyway. If I can get the third parties cheaper before the first then I'm gonna go with that.

this is frustrating.

I also would love to be able to spend my credit at EB/GS instead of cash..are we sure there is going to be Third party cables at launch? Was there confirmation?

[quote name='bluenatas09']this is frustrating.

I also would love to be able to spend my credit at EB/GS instead of cash..are we sure there is going to be Third party cables at launch? Was there confirmation?[/quote]
No idea, I'm going in Thursday to get super monkey ball and I'll see if they have anything then and then I guess I'll have to go out Sunday to get my zelda preorder and accessories. If they don't have any cables then I guess I'm screwed for the time being.

[quote name='SpazX']No idea, I'm going in Thursday to get super monkey ball and I'll see if they have anything then and then I guess I'll have to go out Sunday to get my zelda preorder and accessories. If they don't have any cables then I guess I'm screwed for the time being.[/quote]

my local gamecrazy seems to think they will get component cables in for launch day... hmmm...

[quote name='Bazz']Thanks and you got some cheap tax.[/quote]

8.75% :roll:

Not sure where Nintendo got their number from.. oh well cheaper than a local B&M

Nintendo messed this whole thing up once again, honestly would it kill them? I would have paid 30 for the component cables (even thats a little pricey) but no way im paying 40....

[quote name='hhhdx4']Nintendo messed this whole thing up once again, honestly would it kill them? I would have paid 30 for the component cables (even thats a little pricey) but no way im paying 40....[/QUOTE]

.....MS charges $39.99 for their official ones. These are $29.99 plus shipping.

Well I was bringing up two separate points, but I guess I didn't translate that well in my post :p

My first point was that Nintendo messed this up by saying they would be there at launch and then just going back on that and pushing them back to December....which to be honest I don't even trust.

my second point was yeesh, 40 for cables?

Awww... wish I'd thought to check the boards a little earlier tonight. Guess I'll be calling first thing tomorrow morning. Anyone know what overnight shipping is likely to cost?

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Awww... wish I'd thought to check the boards a little earlier tonight. Guess I'll be calling first thing tomorrow morning. Anyone know what overnight shipping is likely to cost?[/QUOTE]
Overnight shipping is 13 dollars according to the rep. I talked to on the phone.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Overnight shipping is 13 dollars according to the rep. I talked to on the phone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah? That's a little steep for my tastes. If I wasn't worked into such a frenzy over getting these cables before Sunday I wouldn't bother with it. But I am, and I will. I'm going to have to try and get up at a reasonable hour so I can call before things get too busy on the phones.

I hope the customer service reps in Nintendo's call center know what they're in for tomorrow. :lol:

As for the topic on the price of these cables, I find them in the median of what they have cost in the past.

The original Xbox component cables were indeed $19. However the PS2 ones were actually $29. I opted not to buy the gamecube one for obvious reasons (and so damn glad I didn't since it's not compatible with the wii).

My biggest beef is how nintendo went ahead to make a new connector just to shaft over the faithful few who did buy the gamecube component cables.

$29 isn't great, but it isn't the $50 people were speculating before so i'm not too upset. They are a bit tad expensive though considering that the ps3 can use the ps2 component cables and time has gone by quite a bit and these cables SHOULD be getting cheaper than last gen

now only if they would add optical out...

The Gamecube's component connectors didn't have analog sound on them, which is likely why they didn't use it.

I'm still amazed they don't have an optical or coaxial out though.

With my tax, it will cost about $40 to get on launch. No thank you. I can wait a few days for them...I hope.

Also, I don't get why Nintendo is doing this again. They knew people REALLY wnated these cables, and they are making them so fucking hard to find. Just make a shit load, and give them to TRU, CC, BB, Target, EB/GS.

[quote name='Zoglog']As for the topic on the price of these cables, I find them in the median of what they have cost in the past.

The original Xbox component cables were indeed $19. However the PS2 ones were actually $29. I opted not to buy the gamecube one for obvious reasons (and so damn glad I didn't since it's not compatible with the wii).

My biggest beef is how nintendo went ahead to make a new connector just to shaft over the faithful few who did buy the gamecube component cables.

$29 isn't great, but it isn't the $50 people were speculating before so i'm not too upset. They are a bit tad expensive though considering that the ps3 can use the ps2 component cables and time has gone by quite a bit and these cables SHOULD be getting cheaper than last gen

now only if they would add optical out...[/quote]Zog, I know a lot of people rag on you for almost posting negative things, etc. But thanks for this level-headed post. :)

[quote name='Scrubsy']I think the internet just crashed there phones. It doesnt even ring, busy signal or anything, it just kicks me off.[/quote]It's more of the same from last night. I hope they set aside a metric ton of these things.

They're practically going to pay off the Wii R&D in component cable sales prelaunch.

I called right at 9am EST (6am PST) according to time.gov. It said they were still closed. Hung up, called right back and boom I cannot get through.

WTF?!

I want these damn cables! :(

[quote name='ckendal']I called right at 9am EST (6am PST) according to time.gov. It said they were still closed. Hung up, called right back and boom I cannot get through.

WTF?!

I want these damn cables! :([/quote]People have likely been blasting their phone lines for a good 20-30 minutes before they opened hoping to be "first"

Nintendo shouldn't think that people aren't going to want the component cables. This shouldn't even be an issue. They should have been included in the box.

[quote name='ckendal']Nintendo shouldn't think that people aren't going to want the component cables. This shouldn't even be an issue. They should have been included in the box.[/quote]

Even if they weren't in the box, they should have thrown us a bigger bone than this limited-release phone thing...

[quote name='ckendal']Nintendo shouldn't think that people aren't going to want the component cables. This shouldn't even be an issue. They should have been included in the box.[/quote]You speak nothing but truth.

I keep hanging up as soon as I hear the guy say they're experiencing a high volume of calls because I don't think that the call will go through. I'm expecting the intial message to be completely different.

[quote name='ckendal']I doubt they are going to have enough for everyone, we might as well stop calling.... sigh[/quote]
Ah HA, trying to get US to hang up so YOU can get a cable!

(Nintendo pitting us against each other, it's madness!)

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Ah HA, trying to get US to hang up so YOU can get a cable!

(Nintendo pitting us against each other, it's madness!)[/quote]
Actually I literally gave up. I didn't redial for about 5 minutes and I figured I'd try 1 more time to test my luck. I got through and am now in queue! WOOHOO!!

Let's hope they are not sold out yet.:wave:

[quote name='daroga']I'm sitll getting a busy signal. Does the guy have a different intro when you get through?[/quote]

He says "Thank you for calling Nintendo. For quality assurance purposes, your call may be recorded..."

That's what he's said over the past few years, except when they're closed or busy.

So you just have to make it past the "Thank you for calling Nintendo" bit to know your fate!

[quote name='daroga']I'm sitll getting a busy signal. Does the guy have a different intro when you get through?[/quote]

Yes there is a different intro.

I got mine overnighted. They should be here tomorrow or Friday so I will have them for launch when I pick mine up at Midnight Saturday.

I asked if they still had them in stock before I ordered them and he said very limited supply, but enough to get me mine.

Hope you guys get through!

They told me they're backordered and wouldn't ship till the 25th. They wouldn't even give me a damn order number. For people ordering right now, is this true? I asked for the expedited shipping and all that. He claimed they didn't even have a part number for the cable (which is bull****).

I can't get through. Are there going to be 3rd party cables available at launch? This is complete bullshit. I'm going to have a system I don't even think I can hook up to my TV because everything is component. I just can't believe this.

[quote name='FullmetalCJ']They told me they're backordered and wouldn't ship till the 25th. They wouldn't even give me a damn order number. For people ordering right now, is this true? I asked for the expedited shipping and all that. He claimed they didn't even have a part number for the cable (which is bull****).[/quote]

When did you get through? Just now?

There is a part # because it shows up in "My Orders" on my "My Nintendo" account.

Can anyone else that has a My Nintendo account confirm the part #?

bread's done
Back