Order your component cables now

I bit the bullet for Red shipping because I need it to play games on my tv. Anything other then component and it looks fuzzy. Nintendo finally wised up!

[quote name='ckendal']Check your My Nintendo accounts. Does it say backordered? (checking for FullmetalCJ guy)[/quote]It hasn't shown up in my orders yet

[quote name='Starky27']http://store.nintendo.com/componentvideocable/

They're online now[/quote]

Thanks! I just ordered with 2 day shipping so I'm hoping Saturday by the latest - just in time! $39.54 with tax and shipping - yikes! The Wii is looking more and more like a $300 purchase instead of a cheap alternative. The Xbox 360 is an incredible value considering everything that was included in the $400 premium package and the fact that it is really powerful.

Ok. COMPONENT CABLES = SECURED. Whew. I did the $13 UPS RED shipping which is 2-3 business days.

I asked her if I could order 2 but they're only taking orders for 1 at a time so keep that in mind.

Man, I got so excited when I got through, then they said they were available online. Haha. I stayed on the line anyway since it took forever to get through, and I ordered them with 1 day shipping. Paid $45 something for them.... oh well, I'll have them for launch and that's all that matters to me. :whistle2:D

[quote name='javeryh']Thanks! I just ordered with 2 day shipping so I'm hoping Saturday by the latest - just in time! $39.54 with tax and shipping - yikes! The Wii is looking more and more like a $300 purchase instead of a cheap alternative. The Xbox 360 is an incredible value considering everything that was included in the $400 premium package and the fact that it is really powerful.[/QUOTE]

The guy on the phone told me that they don't deliver on Saturday. I think they do though, right?

Thanks!!! Ordered one...I guess I win if it shows up anytime before Thanksgiving. Otherwise, I may get a tad bid upset. Definitely slow online ordering, but beats waiting on the phone.

[quote name='chair_home']The guy on the phone told me that they don't deliver on Saturday. I think they do though, right?[/quote]

UPS should deliver on Saturday but I'm really not sure. 2 days though should mean Friday since it's only Wednesday.

mine just showed up. "prepping order" via the $5 shipping. If I can have them in hand by next Wednesday, that's fine by me. :)

[quote name='chair_home']The guy on the phone told me that they don't deliver on Saturday. I think they do though, right?[/quote]

Nope, UPS does not do Residential deliveries on Saturdays. The only time I got a delivery on Saturday, was because I ordered over night, but UPS screwed up, and it was going to take 4 days or more. So, as a 'courtesy delivery', they decided to deliver on Saturday (2 days after I was expecting it).

If you order overnight, or otherwise and they screw up (loading package, or missing a connection during delivery), then you can call back after you get your package and request a refund for the delivery amount. Obviously if Nintendo doesn't ship these until tomorrow or Friday, your best best would be Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I ordered a 2nd set online using a different credit card and it works. I have a feeling my friend isn't going to get them before they're out so I had to come through for him. Don't hate!

[quote name='Troz1820']LOL, looks like we killed the online store now![/QUOTE]

LOL nothing. I want my cables. You get the impression that Nintendo is a little out of touch with their user base. They're all "No one cares about HD right now. Wii will look fine on composite cables" and we're all "ZOMG! I gots 2 hav teh component cablezzzz!!!"

Its upsetting to see how unprepared they are for the demand of these cables. Seriously, they'll have them at retailers by mid to late December? A lot of people will have beaten Zelda by then. Some of them several times over.

[quote name='fldash']So these won't be available in stores on Sunday (or even beforehand)?[/QUOTE]

Very doubtful that they'll be in stores before mid-December.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I ordered it using the cheapest shipping method.... do you think I'll be getting these before December, lol?[/quote]Cheap appears to be UPS ground, so likely about 5 business days from when they ship. I'm hoping for next Wednesday.

Ack, my order status is "On Hold"... Probably requires manual authorization thanks to the hold placed on my account from ordering so many Micro Link Cables.

[quote name='fldash']What about third-party Wii component cables? You seriously won't be able to find ANY component cables for the Wii on Sunday?[/quote]

There are Mad Catz cables coming out on December 1 according to ebgames.

And I totally agree about nintendo being out of touch. No HD support? Fine - I think it's a stupid idea since HD will be huge by the middle to end of this generation but no standard component support for 480p? That's pathetic.

[quote name='ckendal']Check your My Nintendo accounts. Does it say backordered? (checking for FullmetalCJ guy)[/quote]

Nope, says "preparing shipment" now. Thank god. I really don't want to play another minute of Twilight Princess in composite. :'(

[quote name='FullmetalCJ']Nope, says "preparing shipment" now. Thank god. I really don't want to play another minute of Twilight Princess in composite. :'([/quote]

Preparing Shipment or "Preparing Order"?

Mine says Preparing Order.

Also, does anyone know what UPSRED shipping is? I paid $13 so it is supposed to be overnight, but UPS RED does not show up on UPS's site.

blarg, you guys talked me into it. I got a set with NDA (RED) shipping. I don't even have a Wii secured yet so who knows. I guess if I can't get a Wii, I'll go to BestBuy when they open and try to pawn these cables off for a premium.

After trying for fifteen minutes to get the component video cable product page to load in Safari, I tried it in Firefox. Success! My order has been received and is now waiting to be processed.

Waiting for my Nintendo Wii component video cable order to process is like waiting for Christmas... times a thousand.

[quote name='FullmetalCJ']Nope, says "preparing shipment" now. Thank god. I really don't want to play another minute of Twilight Princess in composite. :'([/QUOTE]

...another minute of Twilight Princess? Is that to say you're already playing Twilight Princess?!

[quote name='botticus']No one knows when third-party products will be available except third parties.[/QUOTE]

I E-mailed React there site and Besbuy.com shows they will have Componet cables this was the answer I got.. I asked if their cables would be in Best Buy on the 19th

"Unfortunately they will not hit shelves on November 19th. They
are about 2 weeks behind right now. I apologize for the inconvenience!"

GAHHHHH...45 minutes trying to get through by phone last night with no luck. Now the Web page will not load.

I will say this: I went from "Hmmm...Do I really want to pay $37 for these when I could wait and get them for $25 at BB?" to "GODDAMMIT HERE'S MONEY!!! GIVE NOW!!!!!" in the space of about eight hours.

I guess if I do manage to get through and I choose UPS Blue, that will get them here in time for the weekend...right?

EDIT: Jesus Christ. You guys broke the store.

EDIT AGAIN: Got through by phone and ordered with overnight shipping. The guy who took my order (Jared?) sounded pretty shellshocked. When he gave me the total ($44.67), I almost pissed myself. I asked him to submit a customer comment saying that it was ridiculous that they announced these cables would be available at retail at launch....and then they weren't. I also asked him if they were backordered. He said they weren't and they should ship out today or tomorrow.

I just checked my order status online, and guess what? BACKORDERED. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

So has it been confirmed that these cables won't be available at the select B&M stores as previouslyl stated? That sucks big nuts if it indeed is the case. I'm not about to pay $45 to get the cables to play these on my setup.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So has it been confirmed that these cables won't be available at the select B&M stores as previouslyl stated? That sucks big nuts if it indeed is the case. I'm not about to pay $45 to get the cables to play these on my setup.[/QUOTE]

They'll be available. Just not until "early to mid-December." :roll:

[quote name='Tybee']They'll be available. Just not until "early to mid-December." :roll:[/quote]Way to fuck up Nintendo. Shit. They're cables damn it. Shit. How the hell do they not anticipate the demand for these? Just when I thought they "got it" they remind me of their retarded ways. fuck. Give me the fucking cables at launch.

Ok, I just talked to a Nintendo Rep. Basically Nintendo had people calling about the Component cable. They emailed a few of them back about it stating it was for order. One of the people that received the email blogged about it and all 'ordering hell' broke loose. He had an email to me that stated that although some orders show backordered, they may still be able to delivery the item on time.

Basically those that got an email from Nintendo asking them to call to order their component cable get first dips, then the 'blog orders' get dips in the order they were received.

[quote name='daroga']Mine still says preparing order. I wonder if I got in just before the cut off[/quote]

Mine too. I think that's good.

Mine doesn't say backordered. I guess that means I made the cut. Hopefully they ship out tonight and I will have them tomorrow or Friday at the latest!

[quote name='fldash']Ok, I just talked to a Nintendo Rep. Basically Nintendo had people calling about the Component cable. They emailed a few of them back about it stating it was for order. One of the people that received the email blogged about it and all 'ordering hell' broke loose. He had an email to me that stated that although some orders show backordered, they may still be able to delivery the item on time.

Basically those that got an email from Nintendo asking them to call to order their component cable get first dips, then the 'blog orders' get dips in the order they were received.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a lot of us are going to be SOL. :bomb:

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Yup, sounds that way. That stinks. What else has Perrin Kaplan discussed that we will be disappointed about?

Mine has not yet been backordered but I expect it.[/QUOTE]

Kaplan hasn't mentioned anything about Zelda being available at launch has she? I swear, if she "confirms" that then we're all screwed.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Yup, sounds that way. That stinks. What else has Perrin Kaplan discussed that we will be disappointed about?

Mine has not yet been backordered but I expect it.[/quote]

Oh my god Britney, I am your biggest fan... I had no idea you were a CAG

Glad you got rid of that loser , so uh you available now...

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Kaplan hasn't mentioned anything about Zelda being available at launch has she? I swear, if she "confirms" that then we're all screwed.[/quote]
She was the one who said the Wii was region free, and that was false. Wasn't she the one to say that all VC games could be played with the cube controller?

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Mine has not yet been backordered but I expect it.[/quote]

I am going to assume that if it doesn't already say backorder, your order isn't going to be backordered as some people have already stated that their's was pending and now its backordered.

When I called, I asked if it was out of stock and he said no. I should get one. **crosses fingers**

bread's done
Back