Order your component cables now

[quote name='daroga']ah, good deal. I'll be patient then. Are these maybe being handled on a zipcode order? It seems like many of the folks I've seen had theirs shipped are on the west coast.[/quote]

Well that's dumb. Seems like they would ship the east coasters' first, as they'll take longer to get there.

But I'm feeling more zen about this since my status changed to "preparing order." I got UPS Red, which is overnight, so even if it ships tomorrow, it'll be here by Friday, right?

[quote name='Tybee']Well that's dumb. Seems like they would ship the east coasters' first, as they'll take longer to get there.

But I'm feeling more zen about this since my status changed to "preparing order." I got UPS Red, which is overnight, so even if it ships tomorrow, it'll be here by Friday, right?[/quote]

If it ships tonight it should be here tomorrow. If shipped tomorrow, definitely by Friday.

[quote name='daroga']ah, good deal. I'll be patient then. Are these maybe being handled on a zipcode order? It seems like many of the folks I've seen had theirs shipped are on the west coast.[/QUOTE]

I'm a west coaster and I haven't received a shipping notice, while people ordering after me have. There appears to be no logic to the mess.

I'm in the midwest, ordered at 10:45 EST. Haven't received any confirmation. I did call them around 2:00 pm and he said my order showed as backordered but that it would most likely be filled anyway.

[quote name='pop311']What could be bad about getting 3rd party Component cables[/QUOTE]

Worst case: Poor shielding, lossy connectors, etc.

Best case: Nothing other than the release date.

[quote name='jeremy517']Worst case:

Best case: Nothing other than the release date.[/quote]what's wrong with Poor shielding, lossy connectors, etc? And don't they release on Launch?

[quote name='pop311']what's wrong with Poor shielding, lossy connectors, etc? And don't they release on Launch?[/quote]Bad Picture, Bad Picture, No.

[quote name='daroga']Bad Picture, Bad Picture, No.[/QUOTE]

Yep, if you get shitty component cables, the video can look worse than S-video... so it's really not worth wasting money...

This was posted in the other Wii component cable thread in the deals forum. It makes a certain degree of sense.

[quote name='PaulG']I think the explanation on GAF makes sense: RED is one day shipping so Nintendo held those until tomorrow (since they'd still arrive on Friday.) Blue took priority since it was 2 day shipping and by shipping out today, they'd also make delivery before the weekend. Sucks for the people who paid for it, but it's actually a decent system. They had limited capacity (workers for the demand) and why ship cables and have some people get them on Thursday (with nothing to use them on) and others get them on Monday. This way they have the most number of satisfied customers*

*Shipping them for retailers at launch would have made me much more satisfied since it would have saved me money.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, man. I'm paying out the ass to ship these cables next day air, so I'd be a little upset if they're waiting an extra day to ship it so that they can give priority to UPSBLUE orders.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']I don't know, man. I'm paying out the ass to ship these cables next day air, so I'd be a little upset if they're waiting an extra day to ship it so that they can give priority to UPSBLUE orders.[/QUOTE]

Agreed Brah! We have pretty good grounds to demand a refund of the UPSRED cost if that proves to be the case. We can just site the facts proven in this thread. If I get ass raped on shipping and don't get it any sooner than someone who didn't, I'll be tearing up their CS lines to get my shipping refunded.

You can bet your butt I'll be calling getting a refund if all us UPSRED orders get pushed to tomorrow while the UPSBLUEs go out tonight.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']This was posted in the other Wii component cable thread in the deals forum. It makes a certain degree of sense.

I don't know, man. I'm paying out the ass to ship these cables next day air, so I'd be a little upset if they're waiting an extra day to ship it so that they can give priority to UPSBLUE orders.[/quote]

Would be nice if they refunded the difference between UPS Red and Blue to the people who ponied up for the former. Then again, it would also be nice if Scarlett Johansson was blowing me right now.

Yeah, just spoke to a CSR at the 'Big N'. He confirmed our suspicions, they did ship out the slower, cheaper shipping ones and held the UPSRED ones for tomorrow. He said their thinking was, "you're still gonna get it faster and before them anyway." I cry 'BULLSHIT' - expedited shipping implies a sense of urgency. Holding on to them for an extra day defeats the whole f-ing purpose. I'm going to wait and see how this plays out, and if I don't have the f&*kers by launch, I will be expecting a $13 refund from them.

[quote name='VelvetHammer']Yeah, just spoke to a CSR at the 'Big N'. He confirmed our suspicions, they did ship out the slower, cheaper shipping ones and held the UPSRED ones for tomorrow. He said their thinking was, "you're still gonna get it faster and before them anyway."[/quote]

Wow, WTF? Makes no sense, obviously.

So we paid more to get it on the same day as the people who paid less.

Awesome.

[quote name='VelvetHammer']Yeah, just spoke to a CSR at the 'Big N'. He confirmed our suspicions, they did ship out the slower, cheaper shipping ones and held the UPSRED ones for tomorrow. He said their thinking was, "you're still gonna get it faster and before them anyway." I cry 'BULLSHIT' - expedited shipping implies a sense of urgency. Holding on to them for an extra day defeats the whole f-ing purpose. I'm going to wait and see how this plays out, and if I don't have the f&*kers by launch, I will be expecting a $13 refund from them.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I guess its kind of nice of them to make sure that the folks who paid for blue will be able to get their cables by launch. Still, it doesn't make sense for them to just sit on the orders with expedited shipping. Whatever. I need to stop obsessing over this. I've been refreshing my order status since 10:30 this morning. As long as I have component video cables when I'm setting my Wii up on Sunday, I'll be fine.

But if those cables aren't here by that time then may gods have mercy on their souls.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']*sigh* I guess its kind of nice of them to make sure that the folks who paid for blue will be able to get their cables by launch. Still, it doesn't make sense for them to just sit on the orders with expedited shipping. Whatever. I need to stop obsessing over this. I've been refreshing my order status since 10:30 this morning. As long as I have component video cables when I'm setting my Wii up on Sunday, I'll be fine.

But if those cables aren't here by that time then may gods have mercy on their souls.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I will so want a refund of Red shipping if they don't ship them out tomorrow...

This is crap. If my cables show up the same day as those using Blue you can bet I will be calling CS and demanding a refund. I don't care how irrational purchasing overnight was. I paid to satisfy my sense of urgency and Nintendo has no right to hold back the shipment because they were privy to information I could not be told over the phone.

So did anyone with UPS Red ever get theirs shipped before the end of the day?

Mine is still at preparing order, so it looks like it's all true that these will ship tomorrow.

What was the price difference between Red and Blue, like $5? Well there's $5 thrown away...but whatever, the bottom line is that it looks like we're going to get our cables, and I want my cables, so I'm going to be all smiles when these bad boys show up! $5 here or there ain't gonna kill me, considering I'm already blowing my bank account's load on Sunday anyway. :lol:

[quote name='doctorfaustus']UPS RED order has not yet shipped. Status indicates that the order is being prepared. I best get these on friday![/quote]

Mine still has not shipped (preparing order) as well and I ordered at 9:25AM EST yesterday. (25 min after they opened.) I chose USP RED as well.

I assume by 3pm or so today that I better see some sort of tracking # stating that it will arrive tomorrow, otherwise all hell is going to break loose.

Woo hoo!!

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/17/2006.

Tracking Number: XX XXX XXX XX XXXX XXX X
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 11/17/2006
Shipped to: XXXXXXX, XX, US
Shipped or Billed on: 11/15/2006
Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR
Weight: 1.00 Lb

[quote name='simplygriff']Checked this AM..

SHIPPED!! WoOt!

Should be here tomorrow.
-G[/quote]

Did you use UPS Blue (2DAY) as well?

[quote name='fldash']Sigh, you UPSBLUE customers can go to hell. We UPSRED customers totally got screwed.[/quote]

Agreed!

[quote name='fldash']Sigh, you UPSBLUE customers can go to hell. We UPSRED customers totally got screwed.[/quote]

I totally agree. Although if the cables ship today at least you will have them by the weekend. If not, I'd be pissed. In any event I'd at least call a nintendo CSR and see if they can refund your $6.

[quote name='fldash']Sigh, you UPSBLUE customers can go to hell. We UPSRED customers totally got screwed.[/quote]I'd just ask for a refund. Just look at the bright side. If they shipped out in first-come first-serve, a lot of people with one-day might get bumped a day anyway, due to the volume of orders. And a lot of 2-day people probably wouldn't get theirs in time.

I don't even know why I'm concerned about mine. I don't have a Wii preordered and by the sound of things, I'm not sure I'll be able to get one unless the numbers I'm hearing from stores are wrong. Only 29 at Walmart Supercenters in my area? UGH!

Whats Nintendo's problem with component cables? No duh people want them, most people are buying HDTVs of course they want the best connection they can get. At least this is a total launch fuck like Sony has.

Im going to be pissed if there are not any type of component cables at GS sat night. 3rd party or whatever I need something and with Nintendo running out at the phone number before I could get a call In I'll take anything at this point.

[quote name='ckendal']Did you use UPS Blue (2DAY) as well?

Agreed![/QUOTE]

Yes I got the Blue 2Day shipping. I figured there was no guarantee that they'd make it out in tiem to get here before the weekend even with the RED so I just went with BLUE. I feel bad for you RED guys. I'd be somekinda pissed too. Hopefully it'll all work out and we'll all get them tomorrow.
-G

[quote name='fldash']Sigh, you UPSBLUE customers can go to hell. We UPSRED customers totally got screwed.[/QUOTE]

QFT...This was a fleece job of the highest order.

I ordered UPS Red, but I've got the UPS Blues. :whistle2:(

Yeah, well, we UPS ground people still haven't gotten shipped either, so, WAH! ;)

I actually called and tried to upgrade my shipping. The guy seemed none-too-pleased about how this all was handled. Sadly, he couldn't upgrade my shipping as things are likely going out this morning / afternoon. I tried to be really nice and thankful with him as he sounded really bummed about everything, especially when he couldn't do what I asked him to.

Even if I don't get mine till after Thanksgiving, not a huge deal to me. I've got an HD tuner the will upconvert composite/svideo/component signals to 720p or 1080i (got it for $30 on eBay this summer). It's not perfect, but does wonders for the Gamecube through Svideo. I'll use the bare compoenent cables when I get them into my TV, but the upconverting box will be a decent tradeoff.

If nothing else, the component cables will seem like a better investment when I've run the Wii for a few days without them and then get them. ;)

My UPSRED order has been shipped. I placed my order in the first onslaught a couple of days ago on 11.14.06. Hopefully, it will get here tomorrow. WEEEE

[quote name='doctorfaustus']My UPSRED order has been shipped. I placed my order in the first onslaught a couple of days ago on 11.14.06. Hopefully, it will get here tomorrow. WEEEE[/quote]

Anyone that ordered on 11/15 (yesterday) actually have their UPS RED orders shipped yet?

I am sooooo jealous of all of the CAGS that were on their computers at 9:00 and were able to buy them . I Was at motherfucking school

[quote name='ckendal']Anyone that ordered on 11/15 (yesterday) actually have their UPS RED orders shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Not I...Waiting for it to update with tracking info any time now, God willing. This is about the time UPS Blue people started reporting they were getting their tracking info yesterday.

[quote name='pop311']I am sooooo jealous of all of the CAGS that were on their computers at 9:00 and were able to buy them . I Was at motherfucking school[/QUOTE]

Don't feel TOO bad. I found out about it Tuesday night about an hour before they closed, redialed the entire time, and still was unable to place an order.

I wonder how much you could eBay a Wii for if you included the component cables?? I'm keeping mine but it's just a thought...

If I can't secure a Wii I'm going to be auctioning them off in front of Best Buy or another store. I called NOA and they did say that my order should be shipped out today UPSRED.

Mine now says shipped with a tracking #. But the # is not valid on UPS's site yet. I think the CSR I spoke to earlier said their shipments go out at 4pm PST. (another 2.5 hours from now)

YAY!

Still "preparing order" here.

fldash: Did they give any indication about the likelihood of receiving your cables tomorrow if you're RED and it goes out today?

I'm in the same boat as you Tybee. Crossing my fingers that it actually goes out today.

EDIT: Tracking number just came up, woohoo!

[quote name='Tybee']Still "preparing order" here.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't have a tracking number or anything. But it looks like Reds are starting to ship.

bread's done
Back