Ordered Alan Wake/Red Dead From GS, Saved Almost $140

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!
So here's a little recap of the past few weeks in relation to my pre-orders of Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption from GS.

You may all remember a time last month when a 25OFF code was floating around. It was wonderful because it worked on pre-orders so you could lock in a $60 game for about $45 before tax. After a few days someone found out 25OFF and 10AUTO stacked so pre-ordering a $60 would be lowered to about $40.50, $43 after tax. I, like many others, saw this as a great opportunity to pre-order anything I wanted for the next year and one such order I placed was Starcraft 2, Super Street Fighter IV and most importantly Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption.

I place the order with the $60 titles coming out to about $43 after tax all with value shipping of course. Some time passes and when its getting closer to the release of Alan Wake/Red Dead GS starts to offer $10 credits with them and around the same time they also offer coupon codes for each game for free overnight shipping. I throw GS an e-mail expecting them to say 'no dice' since I already got about $21 off the regular price but the first rep tosses me one $10 code but won't swing on the shipping.

After hearing some feedback from fellow CAGs in a similar situation I wait a few days and e-mail back again. The 2nd rep tosses me two more $10 codes and upgrades both games to overnight shipping. AWESOME. The games are finally a few days away and one charge for about $43 is made to my credit card. Only one charge. Its now a day after the game has been released and GS has only charged me for one of the games and I doubt I'll ever be charged for the second. In addition, I was sent the Red Dead Special Edition.

So to wrap this all up:
$30=3x$10 coupon codes
$20=2x$10 overnight shipping
$42=2x$21 25OFF and 10AUTO savings
$43=1x$43 game they never charged me for
$135=total savings

This is pretty much I only reason I would go with GS over say Amazon.

[quote name='musicjunkie']This is pretty much I only reason I would go with GS over say Amazon.[/QUOTE]

So, you would only go with GS if you can scam the shit out of them?

Good for you.

[quote name='rusty']So, you would only go with GS if you can scam the shit out of them?

Good for you.[/QUOTE]
Because they have coupon codes that worked on pre-orders, their customer reps applied offers I pre-ordered the games before, the reps emailed me codes directly instead of making me wait and they applied codes so I could get the games release day.

bread's done
Back