Ordering thru Newegg

Azuvidexus

CAGiversary!
I usually order all my online stuff thru Amazon, but Newegg has a product I'm interested in, but the thing is that since I've never ordered before I got no clue.

Anyone had any experience with them? Seems they have free shipping and no tax in some areas? Is it like Amazon that some products are sold by them and others are 3rd party?

my bro just ordered over $1,000 worth of stuff from them (built a pc) and everything went perfectly. great company. new customers get $10 off as well use code NEWCUSTOMER10 i believe

Just to add. If you order something in the morning it will go out that day and you could get it in a couple days...usually anyway. Used to by all my PC through them until I started on console only.

I ordered an external harddrive from Newegg a couple months ago, and selected standard shipping. It arrived in under 24 hours. Newegg ships crazy fast!

Newegg is amazing. I think they do have third party sellers but its for a lot of items that are found within newegg's marketplace tab (ie watches). But it will usually say this item is sold by XYZ company. I usually try to order things from newegg before any other site primarily because they charge no tax for NYC and they get my ordered out within the day and I usually get it the next day and the latest is usually the day after that since their warehouse is in NJ for me. I've also had great customer service from them.

A lot of people replying must live near Newegg shipping centers because on my multiple orders with Newegg (20+), about half of them had slow as balls shipping and the other half were average at best.

Also, when I received a defective copy of an Xbox 360 game, I had to return it and the return process doesn't let you print a free return label like Amazon does. Instead it offered two options, send it yourself or use the "discounted price" of $9 for UPS ground service for the return. The price of the game was $10.99 shipped. I sent it myself at the Post Office, had to scan my receipt and email support a couple times to get refunded for the shipping.

I will still buy from them if they have the best price on something I'm looking for, but they still have a long road to getting on the same level as Amazon.

The tax free makes it worth it though. I'm seriously considering getting Dance Masters + Animal crossing for $40 since of the 10$ discount. Amazon doesn't seem to be tax free anytime soon with their video games in my state so Newegg tops them here.

Well, placed the order on Newegg, lets see how it goes. The thing is that I've been waiting almost 10 days for the product on Amazon (they ran out of stock and no clue if they are bringing it again or when), and the price is the same as Amazon had it (with that new customer code).

I'll post later to report if it worked out.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Well, placed the order on Newegg, lets see how it goes. The thing is that I've been waiting almost 10 days for the product on Amazon (they ran out of stock and no clue if they are bringing it again or when), and the price is the same as Amazon had it (with that new customer code).

I'll post later to report if it worked out.[/QUOTE]
I ordered many things from Newegg. Not a single complaint. Newegg is probably my favorite online retailer (I have had way too many lost packages with Amazon). Newegg ships pretty fast, and has great prices.

Newegg does actually have 3rd party items. There is an entire marketplace for people to sell from through them. The 3rd party stuff takes a little longer and usually have their own shipping charges.

Also note, a lot of their dvds and blu-rays have their own shipping charges as they ship from different warehouses. You could order 5 different movies and get hit by 2.99-5.99 shipping charges for each depending on where they're coming from. Newegg also doesn't participate in preorder promotions for upcoming games.

I'd suggest Newegg for hardware and hard to find things that they may have. For games and movies though, I'd go with Amazon unless Newegg has a great promotion going.

I just heard of this store called Target that has a couple of good deals, but I'm not sure about them. Has anyone shopped there before? Are they legit?

[quote name='shinzero01']Newegg does actually have 3rd party items. There is an entire marketplace for people to sell from through them. The 3rd party stuff takes a little longer and usually have their own shipping charges.

Also note, a lot of their dvds and blu-rays have their own shipping charges as they ship from different warehouses. You could order 5 different movies and get hit by 2.99-5.99 shipping charges for each depending on where they're coming from. Newegg also doesn't participate in preorder promotions for upcoming games.

I'd suggest Newegg for hardware and hard to find things that they may have. For games and movies though, I'd go with Amazon unless Newegg has a great promotion going.[/QUOTE]

I just preordered God of war: Orgins for 29.99. Newegg emailed me a $10 off code.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I just heard of this store called Target that has a couple of good deals, but I'm not sure about them. Has anyone shopped there before? Are they legit?[/QUOTE]

lmao @ sacarism. But Yeah Newegg is pretty reliable.

I ordered from them once.
The item was very cheap and it had free shipping, but when I got it it did not work.
Not a big deal. I called them and they said to just send the bad one back and when they get it, they will ship a new one. And they did.
Now, I do not know if I got someone new or just pissed at the world that day, but they made me pay return shipping, Which just so happened to be more than the cost of the item. So, by the end. I got an item that worked but it would have been cheaper if I just went to the store and bought it.

bread's done
Back