O'Reilly on Letterman

MrBadExample

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Funny Stuff

I don't think Bill go back to the Ed Sullivan theater anytime soon. :lol:
It's nice to see O'Reilly get called on his bullshit. And it's why Dave will always be better than Leno.

I love the look on old Bill's face when letterman says that. It looks like he got kicked in the nuts and wants to rip of Dave's head at the same time.

He looks all happy when letterman says he's not smart enough to debate, then just shocked when he says 60% of what he says is crap. Like he wants to react but realizes he can't attack him due to the circumstances he's in.

Truth be told, it's kind of a cheap shot, and not a debatable point.

I don't want to take up for O'Reilly, however, because his approach to "discourse" is just as nauseating, and his frequent obliviousness to reality isn't something that stands in the way of his certainty.

i heard this on the radio this morning, i personally thought it was awesome. Although i wish something like this would happen to Hannity.

[quote name='onetrackmind']i heard this on the radio this morning, i personally thought it was awesome. Although i wish something like this would happen to Hannity.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately Hannity doesn't really leave his comfort zone much. He tends to stick with like minded idealouges who won't show him for what he is. Case in point Oliver North and Newt Gingrich.

[quote name='mykevermin']Truth be told, it's kind of a cheap shot, and not a debatable point.

I don't want to take up for O'Reilly, however, because his approach to "discourse" is just as nauseating, and his frequent obliviousness to reality isn't something that stands in the way of his certainty.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. While I pretty much despise O'Reilly it was a cheap, schoolyard tactic that Letterman resorted to. I'm surprised that he didn't just call him a stupid head while he was at it.

Edit- Ok, I went back and watched the entire segment (which is now posted in the OP's link) and it totally changes the context of the interview.

O'Reilly came out there looking for a political/controversial debate to begin with. LEtterman asks him if he had a good holiday and immediately O'Reilly starts getting to his usual pompous ass-ness and corrects him by saying "winter solstice, can't call it christmas". Then he later whips out a piece of paper with his talking points on it (which someone probably prepared for him).

I think the original clip doesn't do the segment justice.

I think, better than the 60% percent crap quote, is when Letterman tells O'Reilly he should be careful with what he says. Immediately, O'Reilly says give me an example. Rather than admit that he might sometimes say the wrong thing, as most of us would do, he acts all holier than thou about it. Which reminds me, how come the sexual harrassment lawsuit didn't bring this guy down to the ground? I mean throughout Letterman interview he's saying the "War on Christmas" is eroding the culture of america, what about when he's on TAPE telling one of his workers to stick a dildo in her whoha!?!?!?

fuck O'Reilly, usually I try to stay away from the whole wishing bad things on celebrities, but something bad can not happen soon enough to this jackass.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Which reminds me, how come the sexual harrassment lawsuit didn't bring this guy down to the ground? I mean throughout Letterman interview he's saying the "War on Christmas" is eroding the culture of america, what about when he's on TAPE telling one of his workers to stick a dildo in her whoha!?!?!?[/QUOTE]
OT, but relevant to this remark: http://mediamatters.org/items/200601030003

I suppose I'll have to go watch the whole interview. It's interesting to hear that O'Reilly acts defensive about making lies and misstatements, since he (one of the few times I can recall) publicly apologized for incorrectly claiming a school district in Tejas (Plano?) banned red and green clothing from school around christmastime. That's an example from less than two weeks ago, I believe.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'] how come the sexual harrassment lawsuit didn't bring this guy down to the ground? I mean throughout Letterman interview he's saying the "War on Christmas" is eroding the culture of america, what about when he's on TAPE telling one of his workers to stick a dildo in her whoha!?!?!?

[/QUOTE]

Becuase Jesus like dildos and slutty interns. Christ, don't you know the true meaning of christmass ?

Here's some food for thought:

The Letterman experience
By Bill O'Reilly
Tuesday, February 27, 2001

The late-night program hosted by David Letterman is the toughest interview show on television.

That's because Mr. Letterman is a smart guy who can spot a phony with telescopic accuracy and expects his guests to bring something to the table. If a guest begins to sink on this show, the bottom is a long way down.

A big part of doing well on the Letterman show is the audience. A guest not only has to win over the host, but also the people who are sitting a few yards away. It is not a tough crowd, most are happy to be seeing Dave in person, but they are listening. And you better have something to say.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21855

So I watched the Factor last night to see what Bill had to say in his defense and of course he tried to spin it his way. He did play more of the interview on air than I would have expected and he said the full interview was available on his website.

But then the commentary. Jebus! He's claiming this was some great battle in the culture war. How many stupid wars do conservatives need? The woman from Variety (Jeanne Wolf?) was trying to set him straight, but he's having none of it.

And when did Juan Williams become such a toadying hack? He was falling all over himself to tell Bill how great he was. WTF? I can't say I've followed Juan's career closely, but usually when I've seen him on TV, he seemed level-headed. Now it looks like he's drinking the Kool-Aid.

Ok MBE I'll tell you. It was sometime after Hannity's radio show when Hannity said he was great. I'm guessing after he ended up on FOX for a while they FOXized him.

bread's done
Back