Origin 60% off PC downloads sale - ME3 $12 BF3 $16 KOA $16

GameFlysBy

CAG Newbie
Not quite as good as the free origin games, but there are some pretty decent deals here. Slickdeals had the exact same sale last week.

Could only get the link to work by clicking the link on their site.

Update: This is working with the $20 survey coupon origin are sending out, check your email! You have to have a minimum of $19.99 in your shopping cart. Not all games are working with this but I can confirm that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames do.

Expires: 10/21/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it normal for Origin not to add a game to your library instantly? I have a receipt from paypal, but no conformation email or game in my origin library?

[quote name='emwearz']Is it normal for Origin not to add a game to your library instantly? I have a receipt from paypal, but no conformation email or game in my origin library?[/QUOTE]

You might have to click Origin - > Reload My Games

[quote name='theandyman85']You might have to click Origin - > Reload My Games[/QUOTE]

I tried that, also tried closing and reopening Origin.

EDIT: Spoke to their support, apparently they are processing for fraud, yay!

EDIT EDIT: And my order was cancelled. Cool, nevermind having my money then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emwearz']I tried that, also tried closing and reopening Origin.

EDIT EDIT: And my order was cancelled. Cool, nevermind having my money then.[/QUOTE]

EA forums said everybody gets to keep their free games.

"We’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games."

[quote name='gordojones88']EA forums said everybody gets to keep their free games.

"We’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games."[/QUOTE]

There's more to it than that.
Anybody who actually DID the survey & completed it, you'll get a NEW $20 coupon code in 1 or 2 days via E-Mail.

So, for those who were waiting to use the coupon (until Oct 21st) & didn't use it - well, a new one is coming!

See 6th post down from EA

Hi everyone,

Last week, we emailed some Origin users in North America asking them to participate in an online survey, and offered a promo code for $20 off their next Origin purchase in return for completing the survey. Unfortunately, due to some misuses of the promo code, we had to discontinue its use early before its stated expiration date.

We wanted to clear up the confusion: all users that completed the survey will receive an email soon (in the next 1-2 days) which will contain a new code for $20 off a purchase of any EA game on Origin priced $19.99 or above.

Thank you again to all users that took the time to provide us with feedback about Origin.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2012 17:21:27

QforQ - Origin Community Manager
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/samhouston

[quote name='emwearz']I tried that, also tried closing and reopening Origin.

EDIT EDIT: And my order was cancelled. Cool, nevermind having my money then.[/QUOTE]

This is why I felt no shame stealing their games. Have never been able to pay for what I want on Origin.

[quote name='ldsdrive']This is why I felt no shame stealing their games. Have never been able to pay for what I want on Origin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, never had so many issues giving my money to company before.

Go figure.

I got one of those $20 coupons the other day and have yet to use it. Mostly because it pisses me off that games that you can buy retail for $5 to $10 are $20 + on Origin. Steam FTW.

Almost tempted to get ME3. That's the cheapest I have seen it. Just don't know if it will be better than 2 (which I thought was already worse than 1)

Got 4 free games with the last EA mess up (DA: Origins, DA: Awakening, DA:2, BF:2142, and The Saboteur), so I picked up Mercenaries 2 for $4.00 to say "Thanks EA..."... plus its not a bad game!.

For those of us that did not get a chance to use the promo code AND did the survey they are sending out another code within the next 2 days.

[quote name='Hudson187']Got 4 free games with the last EA mess up (DA: Origins, DA: Awakening, DA:2, BF:2142, and The Saboteur), so I picked up Mercenaries 2 for $4.00 to say "Thanks EA..."... plus its not a bad game!.[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy origins and awakenings when you could have gotten the ultimate edition with extra dlc?

[quote name='kitsunisan']Why would you buy origins and awakenings when you could have gotten the ultimate edition with extra dlc?[/QUOTE]

He didn't buy, the two he got were free. Ultimate Edition would have cost $9.99.

I was unable to get Mass Effect 3 to work with the coupon the other day, so I bit on it with this sale for $12. Thanks OP.

[quote name='xplocvo']He didn't buy, the two he got were free. Ultimate Edition would have cost $9.99.

I was unable to get Mass Effect 3 to work with the coupon the other day, so I bit on it with this sale for $12. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, the fall sale, that's right. Carry on.

[quote name='Joartrak']For those of us that did not get a chance to use the promo code AND did the survey they are sending out another code within the next 2 days.[/QUOTE]

thats what irks me... ive actually spent money on origin (for bf3 and a few other games) and have a few other games activated on it through amazon deals. yet, ive never received an email from them about deals and i didnt get to use that code.

[quote name='xplocvo']He didn't buy, the two he got were free. Ultimate Edition would have cost $9.99.

I was unable to get Mass Effect 3 to work with the coupon the other day, so I bit on it with this sale for $12. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

No problem!

Bought ME3. It's the least I could do for for the 11 games they gave me. Although Medal of Honor Airbourne doesn't work on my Win 64bit system.

[quote name='Ozonekill']Bought ME3. It's the least I could do for for the 11 games they gave me. Although Medal of Honor Airbourne doesn't work on my Win 64bit system.[/QUOTE]

I use Win7 64bit and it works fine. What problems are you having with it?

[quote name='emwearz']I use Win7 64bit and it works fine. What problems are you having with it?[/QUOTE]

Wants me to verify my account before it installs. This is a known issue apparently.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Just got my new code. It also stacks with this deal.[/QUOTE]

The $20 survey code? I just tried, and it wasn't stacking for me... :(

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. You have to spend 19.99 or more lol. ;)

What did you end up buying?

[quote name='Hudson187']Got 4 free games with the last EA mess up (DA: Origins, DA: Awakening, DA:2, BF:2142, and The Saboteur), so I picked up Mercenaries 2 for $4.00 to say "Thanks EA..."... plus its not a bad game!.[/QUOTE]

I heard this was a buggy mess when it came out (and vastly inferior to the first game). Is it any better now?

FYI, the new code works as long as your cart is over $20.

So you can get BF3 and ME3 for $12 total.

Also origin is sending random emails to customers still that if you take a survey then you get a $20 off purchase of $19.99 or more.

I haven't bought anything from origin in about 11 months so it could be a "please comeback" sort of email.

couldnt get the new $20 survey coupon to work with me3, seems like the ea forum has similar comments.
oh well, grabbed some other stuff instead

[quote name='Flesseck']The $20 survey code? I just tried, and it wasn't stacking for me... :(

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. You have to spend 19.99 or more lol. ;)

What did you end up buying?[/QUOTE]

I grabbed DAO Ultimate ($12) and DA2 ($8). Pretty much every game I'm interested in I own on Steam or PS3 (I have no problem with EA, but prefer my games on PS3/physical.) DAO was one of my favorite RPG's though (PS3), so I have wanted to give it a whirl on PC. I own DA2 on PS3 too, but haven't played it yet.

Even if I figured out the exploit in time (to get multiple games free,) I would have probably only grabed Sim City 4 and Empire Total War in addition to the above.

Edit: Hope you fix your code/payment problem.

Damn, my new code isn't working at all. I was trying to get The Sims 3 Deluxe ($20.00) but it just refreshes the page. I even tried on some games without this sale and stuff with the same results.

[quote name='windsmere']Damn, my new code isn't working at all. I was trying to get The Sims 3 Deluxe ($20.00) but it just refreshes the page. I even tried on some games without this sale and stuff with the same results.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was gonna try it on that as well but it didn't work. It does seem to work on The Sims 3 Plus Pets for some reason. Might go with that.

bread's done
Back