Origin 70% Off Select PC Downloads (w. email coupon)

[quote name='buckythekat']some good games on that list

but I never get these emails :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

i got the email and don't really intend on using the code. sent you a pm.

Got the email and pulled the trigger on Mercenaries 2. Always wanted to play this as a teenager but never got the chance until now lol.

[quote name='Nesrie']I wish EA would give out good deals on newer games.[/QUOTE]

There are some games on the list that I would like to buy but I'm STILL waiting for a Sims 2 collection like they had for the first Sims game. Guess their selling well enough to still sell them individually.

Crap. I didn't get it either. Shame, too. Would've liked to pick up Dragon Age 1 Ultimate and Dragon Age 2 for $15.

I wonder if you only get it if you've bought something on Origin in the last 3 months or something?

[quote name='Mharhon']Crap. I didn't get it either. Shame, too. Would've liked to pick up Dragon Age 1 Ultimate and Dragon Age 2 for $15.

I wonder if you only get it if you've bought something on Origin in the last 3 months or something?[/QUOTE]

I got it and I don't think I've ever made an Origin purchase.

In fact, the wording in the email heading is "Get 70% off your first game downloads from the Origin store," which leads me to believe I got it because I have an origin account and the client installed (to activate my steam EA keys), but have never made a purchase.

If anyone has a code they don't need I'll gladly take it. Been wanting to play the Sims 3 but unfortunately have had no good sales to take advantage of.

Good games on the list, but the problem is I seen games on that list go for cheaper than what then want with the 70% off on other sales like Steam and Amazon.

[quote name='sylveranking']If anyone has a code they don't need I'll gladly take it. Been wanting to play the Sims 3 but unfortunately have had no good sales to take advantage of.[/QUOTE]
A few weeks ago Sims 3 was $7.50 on Steam and all their expansions were on sale too, as a heads up. $9 isn't going to be a bad price for the game with the 70% off coupon but if your looking for expansions to the sims 3, consider waiting on the next big Steam sale.

Own 10 of the games on the list, yet never received an email.

Doesn't matter too much for me as I started getting into more Korean games.

Damn it,
gtyhnjki
I never got that email.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I got it and I don't think I've ever made an Origin purchase.

In fact, the wording in the email heading is "Get 70% off your first game downloads from the Origin store," which leads me to believe I got it because I have an origin account and the client installed (to activate my steam EA keys), but have never made a purchase.[/QUOTE]

You might have figured it out. I just re-read my email and it says the same thing. So maybe they only send it out to people who have never made a purchase?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Origin still as bad as everyone says?

I use to play EA games just thru the simple download manager back in the day, but I don't know if it's worth it if I have to use such intrusive software.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Is Origin still as bad as everyone says?

I use to play EA games just thru the simple download manager back in the day, but I don't know if it's worth it if I have to use such intrusive software.[/QUOTE]

Origin is essentially EA Download Manager [renamed] with additional bells and whistles like chat and friendslist. The only game that I know of that requires Origin to be kept open is BF3. Everything else, once you've downloaded and installed the game, you never have to open up Origin again (uninstall it even if you want just like the old EADM). The same can't be said for Steam where only a few rare games allows you such functionality and last I remember, uninstalling Steam automatically uninstalls all the games that you've downloaded.

Origin isn't perfect but it works.

my email states "70% off my 1st download purchases", since I never purchased direct from origin (purchased all my origin games retail or from amazon) thats probably why i got the code

I didn't get the email and to my knowledge I never ordered anything either, just registered some games I had bought elsewhere. So I loaded up the dreadful thing and apparently in order history I have some free promo code for stuff in the Dragon Age Origins Facebook game they were giving away last year as an "order".

Oh well no big loss. I was kind of thinking of biting on Sims Medieval for $6 but I think I'd rather wait and see if it goes on sale on Steam during the summer sale.

Aw man, I totally could've used this. Any Origin haters who got the email wanna send one my way? I'll love you forever :)

no code :(

if anyone has an extra one they're not using i'd be eternally grateful. i just got a new PC and was hoping to grab a few games. if i can return the favor in the future in a similar situation, i will!

This is your Origin thread reminder that Command and Conquer 4 is worth no money and may God have mercy on any who buy it, for the game itself shall not.

Here's hoping that Generals 2 is a return to form.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Have a code I won't be using, first one to PM me gets it.

CODE SENT[/QUOTE]

Thanks much! Picked up Mass Effect & Sims2 Double Deluxe for 6 bucks each.

Man, didn't get one. Don't know why, though. I've only activated some Steam keys and some old Battlefield games on Origin. Well if any one has one they don't want, I'd appreciate it :)

bread's done
Back