Origin Digital Download Key Question

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Guys,

Seems these questions are hated on, but I don't know how to word my question to El Goog to get the answer I am looking for.

Gamersgate has a good deal on Dead Space 2 currently and I am wondering if this key would be successful with Origin?

Any ideas?

[quote name='SCMoney360']Guys,

Seems these questions are hated on, but I don't know how to word my question to El Goog to get the answer I am looking for.

Gamersgate has a good deal on Dead Space 2 currently and I am wondering if this key would be successful with Origin?

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Well, I just had a similar situation and I advise against it. I recently purchased The Sims 2 and their expansions on Direct2Drive. That in itself was a problem and is in a post on this same board but is irrelivant to this question. Anyway, for some reason Direct2Drive wasn't registering my files on my comuter correclty so I call EA and ask if can transfer my keys over to their service.

First off, the customer rep told me that he had never heard of Direct2Drive and he would have to talk to his manager to see if it was a legit company (no joke). Second, he came back and told me that since it was sold by a third party then they had no control over the activation and that the keys would not work on their system. I asked them why Origin had a key activation feature on their settings menu then. He told me that it wasn't for game purchased through a third party and that's all the info he had (made no sense). I told him (kindly and calm) that Steam does this with many games with no problem and it shouldn't be an issue with EA so PLEASE talk to your manager about this. Well, talks to his manager and comes back telling me that they are going to activate (on Origin.com) all the games I purchased on Direct2Drive if I give them the keys that came with my D2D games. He told me the keys were valid (interesting since he had just told me that they would not work) and he had the games activated on Origin.

Long story short, prepare to fight if you wand to get your keys transferred:boxing:

I think I have inadvertantly found the answer to these questions,

I don't know when the cutoff is - looks like 2008 - 2009 (somewhere in there) is as far back as they go.

I recently bought Dead Space 2 from Amazon - worked when redeeming from origin.
Then I went and bought Dead Space 1 from Amazon - Did not work.

I read from some site that Mass Effect 1 wont work. Well Origin got my money for bf3 cause of a free ME2, and now I am going to have to spend another 20 bucks just to get ME1 from Origin, just cause I would enjoy to have everything in order.

bread's done
Back