Original Classic Controller?

sfried

CAGiversary!
With the release of the Classic Controller Pro in sight, are there any special offers for the original? I'm not a fan of the Dual Shock setup for the shoulder buttons (hence my preference for the original), nor do I think the prongs are that much of a deal. I plan to play any a SNES-style games on my Wii, so the analogs aren't particularly an issue to me.

Plus my Hori SNES style GameCube controller button layout isn't particularly kind with SNEs games per-se.

I don't believe there are any coming, likely be a slow phase like when PS released dual shocks and xbox replaced the duke with the s-series. Best bet is that they'll slowly be phased out and you may luck on a new one on a random clearance at Wal-Mart/Target if you don't want to go used.

Btw, I recognize your name from insertcredit. You one and the same?

[quote name='Pijaibros']Btw, I recognize your name from insertcredit. You one and the same?[/QUOTE]
Perhaps.

I recall at one point Target was selling them for $10 during the hollidays. Any places where you think I could still get it at a similar price?

There hard to find anymore. I was looking to get another one to play some 2 player games and couldn't find one locally (target/2 walmarts/best buy/gamestop). And the majority of them on ebay seem to be knock-off/rip-off controllers. I'm still looking but have pretty much given up hope for finding a new one.

For 10 bucks, not really. I would look to be spending at least 15 for one if you happen to find one. Easiest would be going used at a Gamestop or somesuch since many people (the casuals) just turn in their Wii-things after the allure of WiiSports wears out and the gamer in the household gets bored of Mario Galaxy.

I just found an official Wii classic controller being sold for $8 total in Amazon ($0.01 + 7.99 shipping). I used my points2shop account to purchase it. Hoping it's legit.

bread's done
Back