OTM's Want-To-Buy List (GOW, Oblivion, Condemed)

[quote name='chickenhawk']A fancy new trade list. At first I thought you had Six Feet Under S4 for trade, but then saw it was on your want list. :sad:[/QUOTE]

you're a fan of six feet under also?

[quote name='onetrackmind']you're a fan of six feet under also?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, I am. I have only the first 2 seasons, but plan to get s3 and 4 at the next DDD sale.

its easily the best show ever, i missed out on seasons 1 and 2... i stumbled upon it in the middle of season 3 so after the last show i decided i would bite the bullet and pick up season 1-3... i gotta say the show is absolutely amazing... for some reason i really like when they show memories with their dad, i dont know why but i just do. When they have their next sale im defiently picking up season 4 and hopefully by then season 5 will be out and i can pick that up as well.

[quote name='onetrackmind']its easily the best show ever, i missed out on seasons 1 and 2... i stumbled upon it in the middle of season 3 so after the last show i decided i would bite the bullet and pick up season 1-3... i gotta say the show is absolutely amazing... for some reason i really like when they show memories with their dad, i dont know why but i just do. When they have their next sale im defiently picking up season 4 and hopefully by then season 5 will be out and i can pick that up as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that I would say it's the best show ever (All in the Family anyone? :D), but it's damn close. I actually like the memory scenes too now that you mention it. They are done well as far as how they are presented. I might need to rewatch Season 2 to get ready for S3. I don't remember everything that happened.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I don't know that I would say it's the best show ever (All in the Family anyone? :D), but it's damn close. I actually like the memory scenes too now that you mention it. They are done well as far as how they are presented. I might need to rewatch Season 2 to get ready for S3. I don't remember everything that happened.[/QUOTE]

all in the family (ive always watching it on tv land) is good but i gotta go with sfu in this one... i think my appeal to it other than the writing is really well done is that fact that every character is completely fucked up and im into the whole morbid ideas that are present through the show. Its the first show ive ever watched where i really cared what happened to the characters. I actually just finished watching season 2 and started on season 3 last weekend. I gotta say my favorite episode in s2 has to be the biker funeral one.

I drive the gf crazy though cause she likes the show too so we watch it together but she doesnt care about the little details as i do. Like i notice somethingsmall but really important and think its really cool and she just rolls her eyes. Its kinda funny.

[quote name='onetrackmind']all in the family (ive always watching it on tv land) is good but i gotta go with sfu in this one... i think my appeal to it other than the writing is really well done is that fact that every character is completely fucked up and im into the whole morbid ideas that are present through the show. Its the first show ive ever watched where i really cared what happened to the characters. I actually just finished watching season 2 and started on season 3 last weekend. I gotta say my favorite episode in s2 has to be the biker funeral one.

I drive the gf crazy though cause she likes the show too so we watch it together but she doesnt care about the little details as i do. Like i notice somethingsmall but really important and think its really cool and she just rolls her eyes. Its kinda funny.[/QUOTE]

Heh! At least your GF will watch your shows with you. My wife doesn't like any of the shows I like. We started watching Prison Break but now she is saying that it's too slow for her. I guess Gimore Girls is really fast paced. :roll:

All in the Family is classic shit but you can't really compare it to a show like Six Feet Under. Archie is how I picture myself when I am old without all the racist stuff (although most of that is really funny). Six Feet Under is definitely up there for me too. The early seasons of Oz and 24 might give it a run though. Depending on what I'm watching, my viewpoint can change.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Heh! At least your GF will watch your shows with you. My wife doesn't like any of the shows I like. We started watching Prison Break but now she is saying that it's too slow for her. I guess Gimore Girls is really fast paced. :roll:

All in the Family is classic shit but you can't really compare it to a show like Six Feet Under. Archie is how I picture myself when I am old without all the racist stuff (although most of that is really funny). Six Feet Under is definitely up there for me too. The early seasons of Oz and 24 might give it a run though. Depending on what I'm watching, my viewpoint can change.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: man im telling you, were so alike its not even funny. You and yout wife are like water and oil, and its the same with me and my gf. We dont have similar interest in anything... she hates my movies and i hate hers, she hates my music and i hate hers, she hates video games, she hates shrike :lol:, she hates my taste in girls, she hates art and i love it... man i could go on forever. But somehow things work and are good.

You as an old archie is priceless :rofl:

You two aren't the only one with SO's that like different shows than you do. Mine, at least, we have some common ground, with shows like CSI/CSI: Miami, 2 & 1/2 Men, 24, Without A Trace, Survivor, Family Guy, American Dad, Amazing Race, just to name a few. Though, when it comes to stuff like Firefly, Stargate SG-1, Star Trek, and shows like that, it's all me on my own.

Oh, and just so you know, the Halo 2 stuff was sold last night. I had a jackass show up in there, right as it was getting sold, so that's why it went poof as quickly as it did. OTM knows what I'm talking about.

CH as Archie Bunker.... yeah, I could see it that way. :D

[quote name='onetrackmind']:rofl: man im telling you, were so alike its not even funny. You and yout wife are like water and oil, and its the same with me and my gf. We dont have similar interest in anything... she hates my movies and i hate hers, she hates my music and i hate hers, she hates video games, she hates shrike :lol:, she hates my taste in girls, she hates art and i love it... man i could go on forever. But somehow things work and are good.

You as an old archie is priceless :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Your GF doesn't like your taste in women? :rofl:

You're definitely right. Me and my wife don't have a ton in common when it comes to that kind of stuff. It's is funny how things just work though. It is funny how alike we seem to be. I am adopted so you could be my long lost brother. Something tells me though that Olendorff isn't an italian name. :D

[quote name='chickenhawk']Your GF doesn't like your taste in women? :rofl:

You're definitely right. Me and my wife don't have a ton in common when it comes to that kind of stuff. It's is funny how things just work though. It is funny how alike we seem to be. I am adopted so you could be my long lost brother. Something tells me though that Olendorff isn't an italian name. :D[/QUOTE]

yeah how comical is that... i say a broad is hot and i get flack about how gross she is and how i dont have good taste. So i reply with "i picked you didnt i" and i get a "well with the girls you are attracted to im not gonna take that as a compliment" How can a man go wrong with thinking scarlet johannson and halle berry are attractive??

[quote name='shrike4242']You two aren't the only one with SO's that like different shows than you do. Mine, at least, we have some common ground, with shows like CSI/CSI: Miami, 2 & 1/2 Men, 24, Without A Trace, Survivor, Family Guy, American Dad, Amazing Race, just to name a few. Though, when it comes to stuff like Firefly, Stargate SG-1, Star Trek, and shows like that, it's all me on my own.

Oh, and just so you know, the Halo 2 stuff was sold last night. I had a jackass show up in there, right as it was getting sold, so that's why it went poof as quickly as it did. OTM knows what I'm talking about.

CH as Archie Bunker.... yeah, I could see it that way. :D[/QUOTE]

Damn shrike, how do you have time to do anything else other than watch TV. 9 shows, just to name a few. :shock: I thought I watched alot of TV before I had the little dude when I watched Alias, The Shield, Angel, and 24.

Good to hear that the Halo 2 stuff sold. I am suprised it took so long.

I need to have a daughter so I can call her SO's meathead all the time. I can't wait for that. :lol: I also want to use this classic line (paraphrased) from a crappy movie (the name escapes me at the moment) ---- "If anything happens to my daughter I have a shotgun and a shovel. I doubt anyone will miss you."

[quote name='onetrackmind']yeah how comical is that... i say a broad is hot and i get flack about how gross she is and how i dont have good taste. So i reply with "i picked you didnt i" and i get a "well with the girls you are attracted to im not gonna take that as a compliment" How can a man go wrong with thinking scarlet johannson and halle berry are attractive??[/QUOTE]

Halle Berry is THE most beautiful woman in the world (besides my wife of course). She's not the "hottest", but in terms of sheer beauty she's tops in my book. :drool:

[quote name='onetrackmind']yeah how comical is that... i say a broad is hot and i get flack about how gross she is and how i dont have good taste. So i reply with "i picked you didnt i" and i get a "well with the girls you are attracted to im not gonna take that as a compliment" How can a man go wrong with thinking scarlet johannson and halle berry are attractive??[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a losing prospect. Tread with caution.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Damn shrike, how do you have time to do anything else other than watch TV. 9 shows, just to name a few. :shock: I thought I watched alot of TV before I had the little dude when I watched Alias, The Shield, Angel, and 24.

Good to hear that the Halo 2 stuff sold. I am suprised it took so long.

I need to have a daughter so I can call her SO's meathead all the time. I can't wait for that. :lol: I also want to use this classic line (paraphrased) from a crappy movie (the name escapes me at the moment) ---- "If anything happens to my daughter I have a shotgun and a shovel. I doubt anyone will miss you."[/QUOTE]
I have 2 TiVo's at home, so I do manage to make up some time there. ;)

Yeah, I was surprised as well, though it's sold, and time to move onto other things.

Heaven help us if you have a daughter. I'm sure her first words will be chickenfucker. ;) And yes, I'm sure you'll be bringing up that line when her first chance to date comes up. :rofl:

[quote name='shrike4242']
Heaven help us if you have a daughter. I'm sure her first words will be chickenfucker. ;) And yes, I'm sure you'll be bringing up that line when her first chance to date comes up. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Well, I already have a son so we know that the chickenfucker name will continue to thrive.

The things I miss while I'm taking a Management test 6 hours of studying :shock:

shrike - what went down with the jackass? I can't believe anybody would say anything to you about that considering it was a great deal from the $1 seller :whistle2:s

OTM - so, if you and your girlfriend are opposites and she hates shrike, then...
I'm scared ;)

[quote name='joevan07']The things I miss while I'm taking a Management test 6 hours of studying :shock:

shrike - what went down with the jackass? I can't believe anybody would say anything to you about that considering it was a great deal from the $1 seller :whistle2:s

OTM - so, if you and your girlfriend are opposites and she hates shrike, then...
I'm scared ;)[/QUOTE]
It's too complicated to explain at the moment, so just don't worry about it, it's a done issue.

And you didn't need to go there about OTM. :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']It's too complicated to explain at the moment, so just don't worry about it, it's a done issue.

And you didn't need to go there about OTM. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

:rofl: she doesnt really hate you, in fact she hasnt even uttered your name since she busted me the last time with the cc games.

And you didn't need to go there about OTM. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

ah, he knows I'm kidding :D ...I hope
if I end up with a hit on me, I'll know how I earned it

[quote name='LaseK']PM'd, that is, after all this talk you still want to sell your stuff xD[/QUOTE]

i got your PM, ill be responding shortly... had to ask shrike a quick question before i responded back.

CML for... wait a minute... this is the same list! I've been tricked! :p

It doesn't surprise me in the least that OTM has nothing in common with his GF. It's obvious that she only sticks around for his rather impressive.. *Cough*.. endowments. :rofl:

I graduate from my training today and "officially" start work (although it was paid training), so I should finally have disposable income after I catch up on some backrent. Watch your rating, Shrike, I'm comin' for youuu! :twisted:

[quote name='Javil']CML for... wait a minute... this is the same list! I've been tricked! :p

It doesn't surprise me in the least that OTM has nothing in common with his GF. It's obvious that she only sticks around for his rather impressive.. *Cough*.. endowments. :rofl:

I graduate from my training today and "officially" start work (although it was paid training), so I should finally have disposable income after I catch up on some backrent. Watch your rating, Shrike, I'm comin' for youuu! :twisted:[/QUOTE]
Javil, you should check those glasses. I'm sure they're labelled "Items may appear bigger than they are". ;)

Watch my rating? If you'd like me to vacate my top spot, I'll go right ahead and do so, when you have a few hundred more trades under your belt. ;)

[quote name='Javil']CML for... wait a minute... this is the same list! I've been tricked! :p

I graduate from my training today and "officially" start work (although it was paid training), so I should finally have disposable income after I catch up on some backrent. Watch your rating, Shrike, I'm comin' for youuu! :twisted:[/QUOTE]

Is this going back the the magnum discussion I missed? :booty:
Who are you working for and can we get sweet hookups now?

i assure you i dont know what youre talking about... :rofl:

and hey fucker this TL IS different i took off some of my wants and i sold Zelda CE today! Congrats of graduating training!

[quote name='shrike4242']Javil, you should check those glasses. I'm sure they're labelled "Items may appear bigger than they are". ;)

Watch my rating? If you'd like me to vacate my top spot, I'll go right ahead and do so, when you have a few hundred more trades under your belt. ;)[/QUOTE]
keep talking that stuff - maybe the other posse members will combine our feedback and take you down

[quote name='onetrackmind']
and hey fucker this TL IS different i took off some of my wants and i sold Zelda CE today! Congrats of graduating training![/QUOTE]

Woooohooooo! Zelda CE sold! About time yuo got some TL action!!

[quote name='chickenhawk']Woooohooooo! Zelda CE sold! About time yuo got some TL action!![/QUOTE]

i knocked two bucks off the price and it sold within a couple hours... i did the same thing with jade empire and it sold in a matter for 40 minutes. Its amazing what knocking the price down does.

[quote name='onetrackmind']i assure you i dont know what youre talking about... :rofl:

and hey fucker this TL IS different i took off some of my wants and i sold Zelda CE today! Congrats of graduating training![/QUOTE]

You do know those are supposed to fit snugly, and not have half the end of it unfilled, right? :whistle2:s You might want to check that before you use the next one, otherwise, you might have to get parenting tips from CH. :lol:

[quote name='joevan07']keep talking that stuff - maybe the other posse members will combine our feedback and take you down[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it would take more than one of you to take me down. :D

[quote name='chickenhawk']Woooohooooo! Zelda CE sold! About time yuo got some TL action!![/QUOTE]
Indeed, his international shipping cherry is popped. This one is off to Canada. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Javil, you should check those glasses. I'm sure they're labelled "Items may appear bigger than they are". ;)

Watch my rating? If you'd like me to vacate my top spot, I'll go right ahead and do so, when you have a few hundred more trades under your belt. ;)[/QUOTE]You're such a killjoy. :cry:

[quote name='joevan07']Is this going back the the magnum discussion I missed? :booty:
Who are you working for and can we get sweet hookups now?[/QUOTE]I'm actually going to be a relay agent. Basically, I type out phone conversations for deaf people, and then voice what they type to me. It's pretty difficult, too, because there are so many other variations and there are macros for every key on the keyboard (literally). The training binder is almost 100 worksheets thick. We have Voice-to-TTY (TTY being the machine that deaf people use), TTY-to-Voice, VCO-to-Voice (VCO being where they'll speak for themselves, but can't hear), Voice-to-VCO, VCO-to-VCO, VCO-to-TTY, TTY-to-VCO, HCO-to-Voice (HCO being where they can't speak, but can hear), Voice-to-HCO, etc., etc., etc. Then there are also different procedures for answering machines, recordings, 800 numbers, checking messages, collect calls, different billing options, prison calls, etc., etc., etc. As you can imagine, it was an overwhelming amount of information to be taught in only two weeks.

[quote name='onetrackmind']i assure you i dont know what youre talking about... :rofl:

and hey fucker this TL IS different i took off some of my wants and i sold Zelda CE today! Congrats of graduating training![/QUOTE]God has a sick, sick sense of humor. :puke:

[quote name='Javil']You're such a killjoy. :cry:

I'm actually going to be a relay agent. Basically, I type out phone conversations for deaf people, and then voice what they type to me. It's pretty difficult, too, because there are so many other variations and there are macros for every key on the keyboard (literally). The training binder is almost 100 worksheets thick. We have Voice-to-TTY (TTY being the machine that deaf people use), TTY-to-Voice, VCO-to-Voice (VCO being where they'll speak for themselves, but can't hear), Voice-to-VCO, VCO-to-VCO, VCO-to-TTY, TTY-to-VCO, HCO-to-Voice (HCO being where they can't speak, but can hear), Voice-to-HCO, etc., etc., etc. Then there are also different procedures for answering machines, recordings, 800 numbers, checking messages, collect calls, different billing options, prison calls, etc., etc., etc. As you can imagine, it was an overwhelming amount of information to be taught in only two weeks.

God has a sick, sick sense of humor. :puke:[/QUOTE]

Thts pretty cool - it seems like you'd feel good at the end of the day b/c you're actually helping people. And it does seem like a lot to learn in 2 weeks :shock: - are you taking classes too?

[quote name='joevan07']Thts pretty cool - it seems like you'd feel good at the end of the day b/c you're actually helping people. And it does seem like a lot to learn in 2 weeks :shock: - are you taking classes too?[/QUOTE]

Feeling good about what you do only lasts so long though in my experience. After a while you realize that you are underappreciated (often times by the very people you are working to help) and severly underpaid and it eats away at the best of us. There are certainly exceptions, but I am apparently not one of them.

Good luck Javil! That sounds like a lot of shit to learn in 2 weeks. I sure as shit couldn't do it. Props to you my friend! I think that is worthy of some DJ Vandigo rhymes.

[quote name='onetrackmind']and hey fucker this TL IS different i took off some of my wants and i sold Zelda CE today! Congrats of graduating training![/QUOTE]
And hey fucker, this TL isn't the TL listed in your signature. That's the old one. :rofl:

[quote name='joevan07']Thts pretty cool - it seems like you'd feel good at the end of the day b/c you're actually helping people. And it does seem like a lot to learn in 2 weeks :shock: - are you taking classes too?[/QUOTE]No, luckily I'm not taking classes right now. You should see all of us (the training class) on the phones. We have worksheets spread out all over our terminals.. the screen pops up, "VCO pls..." Then it's a mad dash to find the VCO-to-Voice and VCO-to-TTY worksheets. But oh God, if it turns out to be something rarer like a VCO-to-HCO, that's when you're screwed. :lol:

[quote name='chickenhawk']Feeling good about what you do only lasts so long though in my experience. After a while you realize that you are underappreciated (often times by the very people you are working to help) and severly underpaid and it eats away at the best of us. There are certainly exceptions, but I am apparently not one of them.

Good luck Javil! That sounds like a lot of shit to learn in 2 weeks. I sure as shit couldn't do it. Props to you my friend! I think that is worthy of some DJ Vandigo rhymes.[/QUOTE]There is another aspect to it that most people have trouble with. You have to say what the TTY user tells you verbatim, including vulgarity, racist slurs, drug deals, threats.. anything. They also have the option of telling you not to declare relay when the person picks up. So hypothetically, they could tell you to just yell something and hang up the phone. An example our trainer gave us is the TTY user tells you not to announce relay, yell "fuck YOU!" and hang up. You call the number, and a little girl picks up, "Hello? Mommy?" You have to yell "fuck YOU!" and hang up. If you don't, it's grounds for termination. (And no, you can't replace that with "shaq-fu." ;-))

We also just went through desensitization yesterday. Basically, we read worst-case scenario scripts. There was one with tons of vulgarity, one having to do with sex (which was hilarious, and included anal and bondage), and one having to do with racism.

[quote name='Javil']No, luckily I'm not taking classes right now. You should see all of us (the training class) on the phones. We have worksheets spread out all over our terminals.. the screen pops up, "VCO pls..." Then it's a mad dash to find the VCO-to-Voice and VCO-to-TTY worksheets. But oh God, if it turns out to be something rarer like a VCO-to-HCO, that's when you're screwed. :lol:

There is another aspect to it that most people have trouble with. You have to say what the TTY user tells you verbatim, including vulgarity, racist slurs, drug deals, threats.. anything. They also have the option of telling you not to declare relay when the person picks up. So hypothetically, they could tell you to just yell something and hang up the phone. An example our trainer gave us is the TTY user tells you not to announce relay, yell "fuck YOU!" and hang up. You call the number, and a little girl picks up, "Hello? Mommy?" You have to yell "fuck YOU!" and hang up. If you don't, it's grounds for termination. (And no, you can't replace that with "shaq-fu." ;-))

We also just went through desensitization yesterday. Basically, we read worst-case scenario scripts. There was one with tons of vulgarity, one having to do with sex (which was hilarious, and included anal and bondage), and one having to do with racism.[/QUOTE]
Around here, you do replace it with fuck. ;)

There's a great bit on Howard Stern where they did that to a TTY operator and she didn't even blink one bit on the conversation. By Daniel Carver, that racist KKK fucker, I think. She didn't even flinch with the choice of words he was using. :shock:

I'm waiting for you to blow your stack on one. :D

[quote name='Javil']
There is another aspect to it that most people have trouble with. You have to say what the TTY user tells you verbatim, including vulgarity, racist slurs, drug deals, threats.. anything. They also have the option of telling you not to declare relay when the person picks up. So hypothetically, they could tell you to just yell something and hang up the phone. An example our trainer gave us is the TTY user tells you not to announce relay, yell "fuck YOU!" and hang up. You call the number, and a little girl picks up, "Hello? Mommy?" You have to yell "fuck YOU!" and hang up. If you don't, it's grounds for termination. (And no, you can't replace that with "shaq-fu." ;-))

We also just went through desensitization yesterday. Basically, we read worst-case scenario scripts. There was one with tons of vulgarity, one having to do with sex (which was hilarious, and included anal and bondage), and one having to do with racism.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
This is fucking hilarious. I want your job!

[quote name='onetrackmind']i got your noob right here vandigo! rat bastard! :lol:

I'm off to the P.O. to ship off Zelda...[/QUOTE]

:rofl: right where? Hiding in the extra space in the Magnum? :whistle2:s

[quote name='joevan07']consider it done. If I win - I promise to resell them on eBay ;)

and I don't want OTM TO miss my reply to him calling me a rat-bastard :roll:[/QUOTE]
That should be a noteworthy event. :D

[quote name='chickenhawk']Hooray!!!! :D

By the way, everyone....bid on my auction!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=8221250092 :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Damn, already met your reserve? Nice job. And it looks like it's CAGs bidding on it. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']That should be a noteworthy event. :D[/QUOTE]

:shock: go faterhofcaytlin! I think CH and he will be working a deal out for those :D

Damn, already met your reserve? Nice job. And it looks like it's CAGs bidding on it. :D[/QUOTE]

Not quite, but pretty close considering it's still less than a day old. :shock: Big thanks to fatherofcaitlyn. I hoping he wins! :D

bread's done
Back