Otomedius Excellent $7.93 on Amazon.com

How can I purchase this "standard edition" when I know there's a "home decor item ... a 2-sided pillowcase featuring the girls of Otomedius" in the "special edition" waiting for me? :)
-
otomediusse1110.jpg

-

[quote name='Cornelius']How can I purchase this "standard edition" when I know there's a "home decor item ... a 2-sided pillowcase featuring the girls of Otomedius" in the "special edition" waiting for me? :)[/QUOTE]

in other words your willing to pay the extra $17 for a overpriced pillow case?

[quote name='DuffHomer']in other words your willing to pay the extra $17 for a overpriced pillow case?[/QUOTE]

It's cheaper than a hooker... and cleaner. Probably.

I like shmups but this game is terrible in every way. Avoid at all costs.

As Ive posted before in a seperate thread- At the time I felt so compelled as to write a review on amazon about it:
Im a longtime fan of shmups. R-Type, Gradius V and U.N. Squadron, 1943 and the more recent DeathSmiles and Akai Katana are some of my faves. After months of procrastinating I finally caved and bought this game. What a disappointment. Here's why:

1) In every shooter one of the most important things is to make sure the player can tell the difference in foreground/backgrond graphics, as well as being able to clearly see enemy bullets. OE does an amazing job of ruining that concept- objects that look like youll crash into you'll go right through and vise versa, and enemy bullets are so hard to see against the bright backgrounds its impossible to tell whats going on.
2) Unlimited continues from the get-go and bosses that "run-away" after 3 or 4 minutes makes no sense. I just beat the game on a 2nd play-through doing this before writing this review. All you have to do is hit Start to continue when needed and you can beat the game just like that.
3) Voice acting. Its fine for some games but this in particular its like they got some 10 year old girl with the highest pitched voice to squeak out dialogue. There is a TON of chatter throughout the game and it doesn't let up much at all. I turned it all the way down, only to find out that when you die there's no voice going "ahhh!!" anymore, but there's no explosion sound to signify i got hit. Your character just slowwwwwwwwly falls toward you then off-screen to the left.
4)Your main gun shoots two bullets on screen at once. Two bullets. Thats it. Good luck trying to defeat a boss if this ever happens. (Oh wait! Just refer to #2, silly me!).
5)I paid just $12 for the disc (still a rip-off) but apparently there are 25 pieces of paid DLC. Not only that, the paid DLC consists of the usual gamerpics, skins, extra stages, extra characters, and...music tracks?!?! And the music tracks are.....440 points ($5.50). EACH. SERIOUSLY. Go look on xbox.com yourself. This is an insult, especially for such a niche market these days they have to nickel and dime us to death? Hey Konami, you do you think you are? Capcom?
6) There's this odd text bar that resides above your weapon layout, (bottom left of screen). So when certain characters are yabbering in Japanese it scrolls
the English text. Its small and hard to read but most importantly for a game like this its distracting with no option to turn off. Also, for each music track that plays it will show the song title and composer on the bottom right of the screen. Oh, and cant be turned off either.
7)To piggyback on parts of #5 and #6, the music sucks. Especially the boss music- doesnt fit in at all. Not even in a Parodius kind-of-weird, (that game was actually fun and had some cool tunes though). OE is just blah and boring.

Id give this game zero stars if I could. Please dont make the same mistake I did. Buy DeathSmiles instead. Or DeathSmiles IIX off Games on Demand. Or Akai Katana. Or Espgaluda II. All are for Xbox 360 and are wonderful shoot-em-ups/shmups that are worth your time and money. Not this worthless piece of garbage!

[quote name='limelight022']I like shmups but this game is terrible in every way. Avoid at all costs.

[/QUOTE]

damn, I preordered teh special edition (mainly to support since I don't game on 360) and it is still sealed. Just went to youtube after reading this to see how bad and damn.... game is bad...

I missed the newegg sale the other day. This makes this the second cheapest I've ever seen it, so I bit.

17 left.

Might want to note that this is Prime eligible.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='wasabi5858']damn, I preordered teh special edition (mainly to support since I don't game on 360) and it is still sealed. Just went to youtube after reading this to see how bad and damn.... game is bad...[/QUOTE]
I am in the same boat... suddenly, $40 for a shmup DOES seem expensive.

As a shooter fan this looks like garbage. I'd rather konami have given us Paradious. Buy Death Smiles, or Raiden Collection instead.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Picked it up from Newegg for $5 the other day. It's not as good as Trouble Witches or Deathsmiles =/[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the year.

That being said, less than $8 is a fair price... if you're a BIG fan of the genre.

bread's done
Back