Otomedius Excellent Pre-Order drops to $29.99 @ Gamestop.com & Amazon.com

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
As of today this game is now $29.99 on Amazon and Best Buy for standard editions. You can safetly switch your pre-orders to Amazon for no tax (in most states) and free shipping (everywhere). Not sure if they would add release date delivery for a product like this, if they do I will update the OP again (or if the price drops again to say $20).

This is now wikied so anyone can feel free to contribute to this thread as I will not have Internet for near a month, but should have it just in time for when this title is out.

Right now the release date is 11/1 which of course is always subject to change. (Game has been pushed back all year now.)

The collectors editon for $20 extra comes with: Pillowcase, Artbook and Game Soundtrack. Not too shabby.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003WY86NE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 Standard Edition at $25.10 Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Otomedius-Exc...YZXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308291351&sr=8-1 Collectors Editions OOS as of 2/7/2012

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960 Standard Edition $29.99 Best Buy

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/otomedius-excellent/77876 Gamestop online looks to only be supplying the collectors edition for now. (OOS as of 2/7/2012. Pre-Owned is $39.99.)

Wal-Mart currently wants $40 for this and a few other sites are over the new MSRP. If anyone happens to find any cheap deals on this game in the future feel free to wiki edit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIuPCFC3Cw&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up my collector's edition preorder at Gamestop. The clerk had no idea what it was and had to look in the back for it. He was a bit surprised, and intrigued, by the cover. :rofl:

[quote name='Guerrilla']I just picked up my collector's edition preorder at Gamestop. The clerk had no idea what it was and had to look in the back for it. He was a bit surprised, and intrigued, by the cover. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'd better give my Gamestop a call to see if my pre-order of this came in. I don't want to lose it.

[quote name='callmewoof']
That said, wow this game looks cool, just found out about it. Bummer its just 360 though... need some ps3 lovin. Although I've got a 360, but I just hate to fire the brick oven up if I can help it.[/QUOTE]

If you want to play SHMUPs then you would obviously have to fire up the ol' Xbox since that is where the titles this gen...

I don't think there is any chance for this to come to PS3 (I believe that in JP is only :360: also)

Just received the CE from amazon. Normally I don't have issues with amazon, but my box has been roughed up this time around. That big ol bubble mailer wasn't too helpful lol.

Just got my copy from Gamestop! Took about 15 min for them to find it in the back. Little kid that was way too into Halo Anniversary was at the register too, when he saw the ad for the Back to the Future games he had to rant about how stupid the game looked. Kids these days!

[quote name='xtole13']Just received the CE from amazon. Normally I don't have issues with amazon, but my box has been roughed up this time around. That big ol bubble mailer wasn't too helpful lol.[/QUOTE]

Yea I have plenty of CEs damaged because Amazon ships them with bubble mailer.

Got mine today after work... pre-order DLC is on the gamestop receipt. Hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend!! Still playing the free paranormal pinball table. =) On a side note, dodonpachi has shipped from the Hut... i guess it will take a week or so to arrive... shmups heaven!!

[quote name='Gosha']Just got my copy from Gamestop! Took about 15 min for them to find it in the back. Little kid that was way too into Halo Anniversary was at the register too, when he saw the ad for the Back to the Future games he had to rant about how stupid the game looked. Kids these days![/QUOTE]

Should have punched him in the back of the head. Stupid kids not knowing that BttF is amazing and deserves respect.

i see a few posts about people getting them from GS, anyone who pre ordered from Amazon get theirs? For some reason i dont see any shipping info on Amazons website. The only option is to cancel the order. Not sure what the deal with that is. I ordered the CE

By the way, ive gotten a LOT of damaged CE's and artbooks from them lately because of inadequate packaging in shitty envelopes. Like a dozen or so that ive had to exchange.. i REALLY hope this is packaged right. Its getting absurd. Im not sure what i can do. I recently returned a copy of persona 2 and trails in the sky. I even called and specifically told them to make sure they were shipped in a box or something and packaged right... checked the mail the other day and they shipped the replacements in fucking bubble mailers again.. damaged again.

What the hell can i do about that? I guess i can call and complain again but i dont think they ship a 3rd time. Even though i was friggin told they would ship it right this time, and this is entirely their fault. I think persona was actually tagged online as under review because they had tons of problems, but the stupid a-holes still didn't bother to package it right. Amazons Continent but if this shit keeps happening i guess i'll have to pre order from Gamestop from now on

I just picked mine up from GS and the clerk said to the other employees something like "Hey, where is that sex game?"...

But yeah, the wait is finally over! :D

[quote name='yamayama']I just picked mine up from GS and the clerk said to the other employees something like "Hey, where is that sex game?"...

But yeah, the wait is finally over! :D[/QUOTE]

heh that made me laugh =) I really hope mine comes in fine from Amazon. All this bullshit with improper packaging is making GS look more appealing. I still dont get why its still not shown as shipped either

[quote name='Kenshindono']heh that made me laugh =) I really hope mine comes in fine from Amazon. All this bullshit with improper packaging is making GS look more appealing. I still dont get why its still not shown as shipped either[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I've pre-ordered from GS in years. I'm an avid amazon shopper myself. But when I heard about the GS exclusive DLC I cancelled my amazon pre-order and got it from there. With my luck the DLC is going to show up on the marketplace eventually.

As for amazon not shipping your game yet. You might want to redo your order or maybe wait until Monday? I've honestly never had any problems with amazon so I'm not sure. Also might want to contact support just in case. Hope all goes well though.

Just got mine from amazon today.... crushed. They sent it in one of those fold over deals they usually use for dvds or regular edition games. But this sucker is in a soft cardboard box so it smashed like a pancake. I called customer service and explained that this has been happening a lot lately and i didn't want to be a problem.
That thread on here about the dude who got wiped off the map by amazon has me horrified but I cant except taking a flattened collectors edition.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just got mine from amazon today.... crushed. They sent it in one of those fold over deals they usually use for dvds or regular edition games. But this sucker is in a soft cardboard box so it smashed like a pancake. I called customer service and explained that this has been happening a lot lately and i didn't want to be a problem.
That thread on here about the dude who got wiped off the map by amazon has me horrified but I cant except taking a flattened collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

Had to go hunting for the thread you speak of and after reading, I really can't determine if that was the sole reason Amazon chose to sack that poor guy, but if true they would have gotten rid of me a looong time ago! I can't tell you how many games/dvds I've sent back to them not only for CE's getting crushed (worst are PSP CE's), but for them sending me shrink-wrapped copies of newer titles, the seals being torn somewhere, the disc/cart rattling about or covers with crushes or dents and they haven't "banned" me yet. When you think about it, that would be utter crap if they did, as they are advertising these products as new and last I checked, new doesn't equal damaged. I've been sending them emails for quite some time, requesting they add options to let you choose what type of packaging you want your items shipped with as well as demanding all marketplace sellers list whether their games are Y-sealed or shrink-wrapped in the descriptions, but haven't seen any head way yet:roll:

It's one of the reasons now, more than 50% of my CE/LE/SE orders are through Gamestop now, as I can examine and inspect before purchasing to ensure I have a mint copy, tax be damned, and don't have to worry about printing return labels and making extra trips to the post office. I love Amazon to death, but lately they've started to get on my nerves in how they value the collector's business. They will have to ban me before I ever accept anything less than perfection;)

On topic, picked up my copy from Gamestop yesterday morning, so I have an extra code available to anyone who would like to have it. First one to reply in this topic wanting the code, will have it PM'd to them once I get to work.

[quote name='GreenSpark']Had to go hunting for the thread you speak of and after reading, I really can't determine if that was the sole reason Amazon chose to sack that poor guy, but if true they would have gotten rid of me a looong time ago! I can't tell you how many games/dvds I've sent back to them not only for CE's getting crushed (worst are PSP CE's), but for them sending me shrink-wrapped copies of newer titles, the seals being torn somewhere, the disc/cart rattling about or covers with crushes or dents and they haven't "banned" me yet. When you think about it, that would be utter crap if they did, as they are advertising these products as new and last I checked, new doesn't equal damaged. I've been sending them emails for quite some time, requesting they add options to let you choose what type of packaging you want your items shipped with as well as demanding all marketplace sellers list whether their games are Y-sealed or shrink-wrapped in the descriptions, but haven't seen any head way yet:roll:

It's one of the reasons now, more than 50% of my CE/LE/SE orders are through Gamestop now, as I can examine and inspect before purchasing to ensure I have a mint copy, tax be damned, and don't have to worry about printing return labels and making extra trips to the post office. I love Amazon to death, but lately they've started to get on my nerves in how they value the collector's business. They will have to ban me before I ever accept anything less than perfection;)

On topic, picked up my copy from Gamestop yesterday morning, so I have an extra code available to anyone who would like to have it. First one to reply in this topic wanting the code, will have it PM'd to them once I get to work.[/QUOTE]

Ill take the code if you're in the giving mood. :) Also I'm similiar to you as well and like all my stuff mint. Why else would 80% of my 1000+ games be sealed. Amazon used to never send me damaged items. Most stuff goes in a box with their air pillows but i would say in the last 3 months i have had several occasions of damaged items. Its a pain too becuse even though they are offering 1 day shipping the game wont arrive untill tue and i have to go to the fucking post office which I detest. Its like going to the DMV... well not that bad.

I'm definitely sending mine back in for a replacement, I'm getting tired of getting crushed CEs shipped inappropriately as well.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Ill take the code if you're in the giving mood. :) Also I'm similiar to you as well and like all my stuff mint. Why else would 80% of my 1000+ games be sealed. Amazon used to never send me damaged items. Most stuff goes in a box with their air pillows but i would say in the last 3 months i have had several occasions of damaged items. Its a pain too becuse even though they are offering 1 day shipping the game wont arrive untill tue and i have to go to the fucking post office which I detest. Its like going to the DMV... well not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Whew, glad I'm not the only one:cool: Haven't signed up for Prime yet, but most likely will here soon to get prepared for all the deals coming BF. Don't want to have to worry about grouping items or finding fillers as I'm sure things will be selling out quick! Gotta get to work, so I'm sending you the code now. Check your PM's shortly.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just got mine from amazon today.... crushed. They sent it in one of those fold over deals they usually use for dvds or regular edition games. But this sucker is in a soft cardboard box so it smashed like a pancake. I called customer service and explained that this has been happening a lot lately and i didn't want to be a problem.
That thread on here about the dude who got wiped off the map by amazon has me horrified but I cant except taking a flattened collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

Mine was also crushed. Requested a replacement, but I am 95% sure it will be smashed as well since Amazon never seems to get a clue about problems like this. The last few months Amazon seemed to be doing better, but this weekend alone, I had five games including Uncharted 3 CE that had to go back due to damage. I have received two warnings that my account could be closed in the past year including one last month. Frankly, I could care less, I'm not settling for damaged stuff when most games drop in price within weeks or a few months and I am buying stuff at MSRP on release from Amazon. Even other stuff like books I have ordered as gifts for my nephews have been delivered to them damaged which makes me furious. I wish there was a way to pay a little extra on top of Prime for special handling since I probably spend several hours a months repackaging and traveling to UPS or the Post Office because Amazon can't be bothered to train their warehouse people how to pack stuff.

If you receive damaged goods don't forget to click on the "Leave Package Feedback" button in your order history.

[quote name='Thrinn']If you receive damaged goods don't forget to click on the "Leave Package Feedback" button in your order history.[/QUOTE]

I have heard of this, just never done it. Its ok to bitch and moan but if we don't do stuff like this then things probably wont get better.

Also if Amazon is going to send me a second crushed CE I am going to demand compensation.

Got mine in from Amazon and aside from a small bend on the right corner, it was in great shape. Loving the game too. Worth the wait. :D

[quote name='bojay1997']Mine was also crushed. Requested a replacement, but I am 95% sure it will be smashed as well since Amazon never seems to get a clue about problems like this. The last few months Amazon seemed to be doing better, but this weekend alone, I had five games including Uncharted 3 CE that had to go back due to damage. I have received two warnings that my account could be closed in the past year including one last month. Frankly, I could care less, I'm not settling for damaged stuff when most games drop in price within weeks or a few months and I am buying stuff at MSRP on release from Amazon. Even other stuff like books I have ordered as gifts for my nephews have been delivered to them damaged which makes me furious. I wish there was a way to pay a little extra on top of Prime for special handling since I probably spend several hours a months repackaging and traveling to UPS or the Post Office because Amazon can't be bothered to train their warehouse people how to pack stuff.[/QUOTE]

Nice post and you make some great points. Albeit a little more difficult and perhaps costly, I will still get my CE/LE/SE's no matter what, so if Amazon bans me, oh well I'm not settling that's for sure. And I love your idea about charging a little extra for special handling concerning Prime members. That would be a great incentive to offer and would have got me to sign up a long time ago!

As to the ole "return routine", there's nothing worse than opening a package in my car at the UPS store only to see it damaged and knowing I have to go home, print a return label and drive all the way back to drop it off. It's to the point now where I open anything from Amazon with dread and fear, anticipating my purchase is likely to be damaged and not in an acceptable condition. It's a serious love/hate relationship now with this company for me.

Got mine from Gamestop with the circle of tape indicating that it was new. First time I ever received my preorder that wasn't with the original seal. I guess they wanted to know what was inside. Could be worse, it could have been crushed like some have received.

I know I shouldn't complain/should know better by now with the customs associated with their company. Just felt they let me down in a way.

They were doing so well after the PS2 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories fiasco, not fulfilling the agreement to give me the preorder bonus of a soundtrack CD if I reserve a copy.

Mine had the sticker too. Game case was sealed, but box had the circle tape. So probably came like that from the publisher.

Edit: In fact I know it did, the gamestop employee had to drag out the box that came in on UPS, cut it open, and hand it to me. So its not gamestop opening your package.

Did any of you guys get yours from GS and had the circle tape cut? I opened mine only to find it with (granted the CE stuff WAS there) my game and manual thrown in a paper sleeve together with various spots on the disc I can't remove with a lens cleaning cloth. Was the game case included in with the box?

Either way I'm heading back in today to bitch about it, but I would like to know if other people had the same issue.

Hope you're all enjoying it so far!

[quote name='FairyLeviathan']Did any of you guys get yours from GS and had the circle tape cut? I opened mine only to find it with (granted the CE stuff WAS there) my game and manual thrown in a paper sleeve together with various spots on the disc I can't remove with a lens cleaning cloth. Was the game case included in with the box?

Either way I'm heading back in today to bitch about it, but I would like to know if other people had the same issue.

Hope you're all enjoying it so far![/QUOTE]

You got ripped my friend . . . check the Amazon pics of the Special Edition, it is supposed to come with a normal 360 box. Take it back and give 'em hell! :hot:

Amzon link: http://www.amazon.com/Otomedius-Exc...YZXS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320610299&sr=8-2

Got my SE Saturday morning at GS. Besides a little dent on the bottom right side, it's as pristine as can be. I was actually the only one to pre-order so that was their only copy too! And because of that, I think I had the register guy and his associate interested. ^_^;

[quote name='Gosha']Mine was all sealed with plastic, including both the ouside box and the game inside the case.[/QUOTE]

That sounds resealed. The crushed copy I got from Amazon was not shrinkwrapped on the outside.

Took it back, got a sealed copy. Not shrink wrapped on the outside but it was sticker sealed on both top and bottom, had the game case sealed inside along with the other CE stuff.

Overall it was a decent day, but YMMV. Make sure you check that box as soon as you get it, :x I know I will be from now on.

The one who sold it to me last night apparently wasn't aware it was the gutted copy, had the manager check it and he gave me the sealed, then told me he'd go ahead and buy the gutted himself. I guess some people don't mind it without case, but I'm not one of those D:

I received mine yesterday from Amazon. They shipped it in a bubble padded mailer, so of course it arrived crushed. I requested a replacement, but I'm guessing it will arrive crushed too.

[quote name='Gosha']Mine was all sealed with plastic, including both the ouside box and the game inside the case.[/QUOTE]

Same as mine. It's weird that they have so many different methods of shipping items, all for the same product. You'd think they'd have different codes for each depending on the item, especially with a huge shipping giant like Amazon.

[quote name='eastx']Just published this article at Co-Optimus:

Otomedius Excellent Character Spotlight

It's a great way to check out the characters and learn what games they're from.[/QUOTE]

That article is awesome. I had no idea they were inspired by all those other games, well except for the Belmont girl cause that's obvious.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That article is awesome. I had no idea they were inspired by all those other games, well except for the Belmont girl cause that's obvious.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! :)

[quote name='chimpmeister']Has anyone actually played the game? Any feedback?[/QUOTE]

Played it during Comic Con, which I mentioned pages back. It's a typical Gradius game -- slow paced side scrolling shooter. It's not bullet-hell if that's all you're into.

[quote name='elessar123']Played it during Comic Con, which I mentioned pages back. It's a typical Gradius game -- slow paced side scrolling shooter. It's not bullet-hell if that's all you're into.[/QUOTE]

Far from Bullet Hell. I was surprised about how slow it moved. Also the weapon and leveling system is odd if you never played this type of game before (like me).

It's still fun just need to put more time in to get a better feel for it

Has anyone tried this on a Japanese Xbox? Just wondering if it's region locked. (The US Deathsmiles does not work on Japanese Xbox.)

Thx.

[quote name='leungw']Has anyone tried this on a Japanese Xbox? Just wondering if it's region locked. (The US Deathsmiles does not work on Japanese Xbox.)

Thx.[/QUOTE]

It is region locked. If you have the JP ver then you can't play Co-Op with the US copy.

Also, its stackable achievement wise

Amazon crushed my copy as well. I'll probably try to return it and pick it up locally instead of going around in circles with them.

edit: Got an email from them.

[quote name='Amazon']
Hello, I'm so sorry your video game arrived damaged. I've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details: Order Number: 102-1518862-0269011 Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping Estimated Delivery Date: November 9, 2011 [...]

Rest assured, the replacement order will arrive safely.
[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the standard edition copy. Everything came in fine today I just hate how it uses an Eco-box so I'm gonna have to swap it out again with another one of my games I dislike.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Has anyone actually played the game? Any feedback?[/QUOTE]

It's fun but it is very slow and difficult for casual shooter fans. Also in this era of games having unlocks to reward you, you might find this game lacking. It's more of a traditional "Beat your high score" type game. There are three unlocks and that's it. After that you can level the characters and get new more powerful weapon cards...but I don't really know what leveling the characters does?

My review copy finally came today. But it's only the regular version, not the special edition. Anybody want to sell me their soundtrack CD?

[quote name='eastx']Thanks man! :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was pretty cool! I'd like a collection of those obscure Konami titles these characters originate from.

Nice write-up on the article. I knew they were based on other shmups, but it was nice to know about the more obscure games.

I wonder if Konami will release the music DLC here.

Is the GS exclusive character DLC included in their CE or is it printed on the receipt?

The GS website lists out the content of the CE and the special character is in there instead of saying it's a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='eau']Is the GS exclusive character DLC included in their CE or is it printed on the receipt?
[/QUOTE]

It's on the receipt.

bread's done
Back