OTT activity increasing lollllllllllll

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Hey DarthPuma, why don't you add Rocko to your ignore list?[/QUOTE]

To quote the african american fellow in my spanish class, "Dat shit be triflin'"

I'm going to see how cheap I can score all the Kevin Smith films sans Jersey Girl tomorrow at hastings, if the roads are okay enough for me to drive on.

[quote name='DarthPuma']To quote the african american fellow in my spanish class, "Dat shit be triflin'"[/quote]
:whistle2:?

[quote name='dcfox']When playing Death Toll it seems people like going to the "rock" to make the last stand more often than not these days. I hate it.[/quote]

sean_connery_the_rock.jpg

Welcome to the rock

[quote name='dcfox']When playing Death Toll it seems people like going to the "rock" to make the last stand more often than not these days. I hate it.[/QUOTE]
Bitches don't know 'bout epic dock pole defense :cool:

hi5

I know everybody else has probably already downloaded, beaten, and written a review of the RE5 demo, but anybody want to hop on some time this weekend to try Co-op? That is assuming that my download ever finishes.

Whats up OTT?

Lordwow do you own a wireless Mic rig? I need to buy one and I cant decide on which one to get. There is a couple packages on newegg that I was looking at.

The sienheiser package is the one I want beacuse I trust that brand but its not getting high ratings. And this shit is costing a arm and a leg dude.

318 for a stick mic!

[quote name='lordwow']I'll probably play the RE5 demo this weekend, I don't have much free time during the week :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Same here, serious game time is only really available during the weekend.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Whats up OTT?

Lordwow do you own a wireless Mic rig? I need to buy one and I cant decide on which one to get. There is a couple packages on newegg that I was looking at.

The sienheiser package is the one I want beacuse I trust that brand but its not getting high ratings. And this shit is costing a arm and a leg dude.

318 for a stick mic![/QUOTE]

I do not. I just use a sm58 for everything pretty much. I used the single most ghetto boom you could possibly imagine (I actually even showed it in one shot because it was a comedy and was so hilarious looking), bought a 6 foot metal shower pole and duct taped my sm58 to the end of it and had my brother hold it over the action. Absolutely awful sound, I ended up just using the sound off the camera mic.

I have used wireless mic setups but they were all provided and or set up at my locations. At the LV conference I did, the AV people (who were separate from us) set up the mics and we just took their feed to our cameras.

Oh, and I also have a 100-foot XLR cable that mysterious went missing from the TV station I worked for... that I was the only one who kept track of the inventory.

Ugh, I hate how our industry cost so much to get started. i was at a production house the other day looking for sandbags, them shits were like 30 bucks and to think you need at least 2 or 3 just to have.

Also, that is hilarious about your boom. I am going to spend this next year trying to obtain as many things for my rig as I can.

[quote name='lordwow']Oh, and I also have a 100-foot XLR cable that mysterious went missing from the TV station I worked for... that I was the only one who kept track of the inventory.[/quote]

The only things I have are adapters like Bullets and BNC to RCA and such beacuse I always steal them from places by mistake. So I have a jar full of them...which is nice because some of them cost a lot.

When I was working before I moved I made sure to always have a BNC to RCA and a RCA to BNC at all times. So many times that has saved a gig.

I've been lucky, most of my freelance stuff I've flown in to do, so generally they have all the stuff on site and I just work.

I got an offer to do about 6 hours of work for ~$200, but it has to be done by Friday (2 shoots and edit it by Friday day), and I'm working 10-6 every day, and I don't have any time to do it at night unless I take a 10:30 PM train home or something. And I have to do all the legwork, find people to interview and get into a few locations that I don't have access to/permission to shoot in. I need the money, but there's no way I can do it.

I have a drawer full of adapters for fucking everything 1/8, 1/4, mini, rcas, xlrs to and from everything. It's absurd that nothing uses the same standard.

Just tried the RE:5 demo and got my ass beat by the axe dude. I ran out of ammo and had to resort to knifing him.

The shooting of enemies seems.. off to me. I don't know what it is, but when you shoot the guys, the shots just don't seem as powerful and they should be.

You're not supposed to beat the executioner, just stay alive until the air support can get there.

Got a weird PM asking me to change somebody's CAG name.

Well I had no idea what was happening. I just camped in that building you start out in and killed some waves of guys until that axe man showed up, then I ran out the door into what is apparently a dead end and just strafed around the guy knifing him till he got me with the grab.

I do like the knife this time, it seems to always knockback the normal enemies, and I was a big fan of the pistol/knife combo for playthroughs in RE:4.

[quote name='lordwow']I've been lucky, most of my freelance stuff I've flown in to do, so generally they have all the stuff on site and I just work.

I got an offer to do about 6 hours of work for ~$200, but it has to be done by Friday (2 shoots and edit it by Friday day), and I'm working 10-6 every day, and I don't have any time to do it at night unless I take a 10:30 PM train home or something. And I have to do all the legwork, find people to interview and get into a few locations that I don't have access to/permission to shoot in. I need the money, but there's no way I can do it.

I have a drawer full of adapters for fucking everything 1/8, 1/4, mini, rcas, xlrs to and from everything. It's absurd that nothing uses the same standard.[/quote]

Wow, 1 week to shoot and edit something? Even if it was a low budget infomercial that's pretty steep for only 200 bucks. Especial since my going day rate to shoot is based off of 150-200.

Sometimes I find it hilarious the amount of work someone wants done and the pay they offer. There used to be this really great website that did nothing but make fun of craigslist postings that were outrageous.

I once got asked to do 3 full days of shooting (Fri,Sat,Sun) in HD along with editing for only 150 bucks and copy and credit. Pfft, I love how people think Copy and Credit is somehow valuable. Until Visa starts taking sandwiches as payment then you can kiss my ass with copy and credit. (unless its something REALLY sweet but it never is.)

No more Speedy ads? :cry:

As for good news, I got about $400 in New Year's money today. The rest of my aunts and uncles are meeting on Saturday so I'm guessing I might get at least $600 total. :cool:

does that bum that wants purified water in fallout 3 mean anything? second playthrough and i just shot his face off. [quote name='TheRock88']No more Speedy ads? :cry:

As for good news, I got about $400 in New Year's money today. The rest of my aunts and uncles are meeting on Saturday so I'm guessing I might get at least $600 total. :cool:[/quote]dang. all we have are christmas and birthdays. :(

He just gives you good karma and not giving it to him gives you bad. Shooting him in the face also gives you bad for some odd reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thekeybladewars']Everybody went night night. :whistle2: ([/QUOTE]

Not me. Three hours later, still downloading the demo. Finish right in time for me to go to bed.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']Everybody went night night. :whistle2: ([/QUOTE]
Just close your eyes, rest, and before you know it, everyone will be back, chanting your name.
[quote name='DarlingNina']I'm up, but no one cares. :([/QUOTE]

Well, not with that attitude.

Night, OTT.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Just close your eyes, rest, and before you know it, everyone will be back, chanting your name.

Well, not with that attitude.

Night, OTT.[/quote]

Night beef! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back