OTT Down the Toilet: What Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the BF4 servers on ps4 aren't broken anymore then? For a while at launch I had all kinds of connection issues and somewhat abandoned it for Black Flag.

Is BF4 that good? I haven't tried it.

I thought BF3 was alright. I really liked that subway map. Above the subway, some random teammate and I held down this second story room of some building. He'd guard the stairway up to it with claymores and I would spam my RPG out of the window and get quadruple kills as they would flood back toward to get revenge. Love Lockdown by Kanye West started to play in the background. Him and I didn't even have mics on. It was synergy.

I went back to BF Bad Company 2 and was astonished by how hard it had aged.
60 FPS makes all the difference in the world.

Never been to a college football game, and I thinking about going to the Beef O' Brady's bowl game in St. Pete on Dec. 23rd. Commute is only 45 minutes away from where I am going to be staying, which is about half of what it is from my house to Greenville to Dowdy Ficklen stadium. Plus tickets are only 20 bucks and I won't have too much going on while I am down in FL.

Also, ECU probably should have won more games than they did, but it would be nice to see them win 10 for the year. 

Yeah. My dude had perfect feedback and I have been using the codes for two plus months now. If they shit the bed sometime soon, I paid just about close to retail for the codes.

So from a quick survey of Kotaku it seems like they are mad at Joel McHale for being Joel McHale at the Spike Video Game awards, and basically being the only entertaining thing there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qaCso_b_PtY

Last edited by a moderator:
Need For Speed Rivals and Battlefield 4 wlll be one of the Amazon Deals at exactly 11:10 tomorrow. Both the PS4 and XBone will be on sale. I don't know what the price is. But if you don't have one or the other and it's a good price pick up both.

Especially N4S Rivals. That game is awesome.

i may have to watch that, been looking to get NFS.  I think I'm about to trade in BF4 and pick it up cheap when the servers are a little better.

also, finished up The Last of Us tonight.  I was pretty meh on the story and gameplay (graphics are GORGEOUS) but damn that last level was a lot of fun.

So from a quick survey of Kotaku it seems like they are mad at Joel McHale for being Joel McHale at the Spike Video Game awards, and basically being the only entertaining thing there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qaCso_b_PtY
Lol what a train wreck. Geoff looks like he has the biggest stick shoved up his ass.

Thank you for that. Don't know what vgx is but thus was hilarious, Joel clearly doesn't care haha.

But reading them comments kind confirms to me what my non-gaming friends think of gamers.

GamerDude316 said:
also, finished up The Last of Us tonight. I was pretty meh on the story and gameplay (graphics are GORGEOUS) but damn that last level was a lot of fun.
I heard it was awesome. I'm about 2-3 hours into it, and not too impressed. Does it pick up at all? It's so slow, and I feel that I haven't been able to actually do a lot of playing, mostly just walking to the next cutscene.

If anyone has a copy of Black Ops 2 (PS3) for sale for cheap, let me know.

Getting tired of MW3.

Last edited:
I heard it was awesome. I'm about 2-3 hours into it, and not too impressed. Does it pick up at all? It's so slow, and I feel that I haven't been able to actually do a lot of playing, mostly just walking to the next cutscene.
It picks up a bit, and you also find yourself with more supplies/weapons so every encounter doesnt feel like an uphiill battle like the beginning of the game. The last level is pretty fun but I pretty much forced myself to get through the whole game. Id give it a 7/10, definitely not GOTY like so many others seem to think.

GamerDude316 said:
It picks up a bit, and you also find yourself with more supplies/weapons so every encounter doesnt feel like an uphiill battle like the beginning of the game. The last level is pretty fun but I pretty much forced myself to get through the whole game. Id give it a 7/10, definitely not GOTY like so many others seem to think.
Gotcha. Yeah, that first main battle was a little difficult to stay stealthy. I've heard it's had a ton of perfect score reviews and is ranked high on a lot of lists. Just don't see it so far. I'll still probably play it until the end, though.

Amazon had a bunch cheap a couple weeks,but I think most went back up
Do amazon U.S. ship international? I just assumed them having a UK division would possibly restrict them from shipping over here.

I wouldn't mind picking up some vita games but I feel they're a bit pricey for ports, which quite a few are.

So we are trying to move. We set our price, we have a buyer, the code inspector arrives, and everything's fine ... until the property appraiser comes in and values the house for even less. Now that the people can't pay the different, the sale is cancelled and we are back to square one.

Moving sucks.

Gotcha. Yeah, that first main battle was a little difficult to stay stealthy. I've heard it's had a ton of perfect score reviews and is ranked high on a lot of lists. Just don't see it so far. I'll still probably play it until the end, though.
It definitely starts off slow. Honestly, I'm glad I got it at $25 cause if I paid the $60 at launch, I would feel very disappointed by it.

I thought Amazons were region specific?  I thought there was an issue with Amazon selling Downton Abbey from amazon.co.uk to US buyers, but maybe I'm crazy.  What games are you looking for, Clyde?  Usually JP imports have Asia versions that are cheaper at retailers like PlayAsia or off of eBay.

On another note, would a Kindle Fire be better than a regular Android tablet for my not tech savvy mom?

I thought Amazons were region specific? I thought there was an issue with Amazon selling Downton Abbey from amazon.co.uk to US buyers, but maybe I'm crazy. What games are you looking for, Clyde? Usually JP imports have Asia versions that are cheaper at retailers like PlayAsia or off of eBay.

On another note, would a Kindle Fire be better than a regular Android tablet for my not tech savvy mom?
Was thinking of picking up ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 for my vita, since it's still a little pricey but I read that to use the online features of that game you'd need it same region as your psn, so not sure now.

I did order p4g from a Canadian site last year but it took around 3 weeks to arrive.

So we are trying to move. We set our price, we have a buyer, the code inspector arrives, and everything's fine ... until the property appraiser comes in and values the house for even less. Now that the people can't pay the different, the sale is cancelled and we are back to square one.

Moving sucks.
That sucks. That happened to us, only we were on the other end. I got a new job and we were looking for a house, gave them an offer, everything was cool.....bank appraised it at about 30K less that our agreed price. We had been looking for weeks, luckily the sellers had the house on the market for a looong time, and didn't want to put it back on the market. We felt bad because we had an agreed price, but bank wouldn't give us the money, and we couldn't afford to just pay the difference.

I'm looking at the Kindle Fire HDX 7" and the Nexus 7.  Has anyone used a Kindle Fire?  The interface just looks simpler than stock Android, but maybe I'm crazy.

If you're in deep with the Amazon ecosystem, that may be the better way to go despite the limitations of not having full Android. I have last year's Nexus 7 and love it a lot.

I'm looking at the Kindle Fire HDX 7" and the Nexus 7. Has anyone used a Kindle Fire? The interface just looks simpler than stock Android, but maybe I'm crazy.
Is this for your Mom, as you stated above?

Kindle Fire is probably more streamlined with less access, so it might be better for someone who might not be tech savvy.

I know with older Kindle Fire models you could side load recent Android builds onto them and turn them into full Android tablets.

While everything might be more native on the fire, if you own a lot of Amazon digital media (kindle/mp3/movies), most of the Android content has native Android apps anyway (Kindle reader, Amazon MP3 player, etc.).

I'm looking at the Kindle Fire HDX 7" and the Nexus 7. Has anyone used a Kindle Fire? The interface just looks simpler than stock Android, but maybe I'm crazy.
It is pretty simple. We've had a kindle fire for two years and are upgrading the kids to the Kindle Fire HD this year. There's no multi-tasking and you are locked into using apps just from the Amazon app store. It plays Netflix and streaming video from Amazon Prime just fine, which is 90% of what we use it for.

Just beat GTA5 and already feel like there's a hole in my life. I neeeeeed more GTA5. I don't think I've ever bought DLC game content before but I'll definitely do it for this game.

Moving sucks.
I feel your pain.

Buying a house was probably the 2nd worst experience of my live, only to be surpassed by trying to resell it later.

The cigarette smoldered at his fingertips. Smoke filled his office, clouding his intentions.

He raised the old stogie to his mouth and took one last long, slow pull. As quickly as his lungs filled he exhaled, allowing the smoke to run up and over his face. 

He saw the sorrow in her grey eyes. Her blonde hair fell gently over her shoulders and curled toward her chest. The gold crucifix looked out of place. A woman like her seemed more a devil than an angel, he thought. 

When she leaned forward and flicked her hair back his eyes turned to her breasts. Even an older man like him had to take a look when the opportunity presented itself.  

He figured that she had worn that revealing red dress to impress him. In his line of work he had seen a lifetime of women like her. Too many to remember; too many to forget.

As he reached for the ashtray at the edge of his desk to extinguish the flame he remembered his first case. If only things had been different, he thought to himself. If only he could have made things right.

He stood up and put his floor-length wool coat over his rickety body. Just when he thought he was done with this life another dame came walking in that he couldn't refuse. A skirt with a sob story had always always been his greatest weakness.

When he placed his black soft felt hat on top of his aging head he rubbed the brim from front to back. That motion had always provided him with some sense of reassurance. He knew it was bullshit, but it meant something to him anyway. He reached for the door.

"You can't just walk out!" she said with an embittered voice. Her painted red lips began to tremble."Aren't you going to at least say something?" She had told him everything just as he had asked. She knew that the tears were about to come back. And with the tears would come the pain. 

He looked at her one more time and smiled, revealing his yellow-tinged teeth for the first time.

It felt right. It felt like the first time.

He turned toward her and looked straight back into her cloudy eyes.

"Don't worry darlin'," he said with his trademark gravelly voice. "James Bain is on the case."

Traded in Madden 25 and BF4 for PS4 to GameStop for just over $80 in credit, which paid for Tearaway and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds with about $26 in credit left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back