OTT Expert Analysis: How the Rangers choked away another World Series

[quote name='Chika']Local weather for NYC Metro Area is saying 6-12".... I'd complain, but I'm a girl and it's kind of hypercritical to complain about 6-12". :hot:[/QUOTE]

datass45.gif

[quote name='Maklershed']Local weather (WGAL) says 2-6 inches of snow here in PA tomorrow! :whee:[/QUOTE]

I heard 1-4 inches, but yeah, I am so not ready for that. Why couldn't it happen on Sunday, my day off? Sigh...my luck, it'll still be snowing when I go to work. Hopefully, the store will at least be slow. Oh hell, who do I think I'm kidding?

[quote name='Chika']:ROFL: See, Tell Mrs.83 that she's getting 6-12" and see what her reaction is;)[/QUOTE]

She'd ask me why I was holding back. :D

[quote name='GenPirate']Redbox is pulling a netflix and raising the rental rates for movies.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but only 20 cents per night and for November, I believe it is, the first night will still be $1. So they're easing folks into it. Also they explained why they are raising the rates. Also that DVDs only. BluRay and Game prices remain the same.

In any case they are certainly handling it better than netflix, but mind you I'm still a netflix advocate. I love netflix and rarely ever rent anything from Redbox - Redbox just has blockbusters. Not my cup of tea, though occasionally we get something for the kids from Redbox and I keep meaning to rent a game, but they often don't have anything I'm interested in.

It's actually going to be raised slightly more in Maryland from what I read. $1.27 for movies I believe. Blus I think were going to be $1.59 and games I forget.

Also, now I'm hearing 6-12 inches. fucking hell. I REALLY need to find a new job.

Growing up in Anchorage we almost always had the first snowfall by Halloween.

Down here just the thought of temperatures going below 35 triggers weather alerts and mass hysteria.

One more day of work than three days off. Had to trade a weekend to get Halloween off but hopefully it will be worth it for the kids.

I don't see any snow coming in the near future, but it seems like it'll be cold as fuck every morning now with it being about 30 degrees this morning.

[quote name='eldergamer']Growing up in Anchorage we almost always had the first snowfall by Halloween.

Down here just the thought of temperatures going below 35 triggers weather alerts and mass hysteria.

One more day of work than three days off. Had to trade a weekend to get Halloween off but hopefully it will be worth it for the kids.[/QUOTE]

Wait you grew up in Anchorage?

Did you laugh at the geriatrics on the cruises who were walking around downtown wearing anoraks and insulated pants in June?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Wait you grew up in Anchorage?

Did you laugh at the geriatrics on the cruises who were walking around downtown wearing anoraks and insulated pants in June?[/QUOTE]

Lived there from 1990-2007. From Jr High - Adulthood on.

July-August was more of the cruise season. I workd downtown at one of the gift shops once but never lasted the whole summer. It was actually slow and boring. Probably because the one I worked at was inside a hotel and not actually out on 5th Ave with all the other tourist traps.

It was more amusing seeing all the old folks (blue hairs) with their name badges on in case they got lost or seperated from their group.

I spent 4 weeks from the end of June through July there ('93), well part on a boat, in a smaller cove, near King's cove (somewhere west of Kenai) and a week about half-way between Tichik and Lake Clark in the middle of no where. I didn't get to spend but two days in Anchorage, but it was a nice 68-72 degrees- I was walking around in shorts and those people from the cruise ships were cracking me up dressed like they were going on an Iditarod race.

Do you remember or know the name of the hotel that has a tunnel underneath the road from the main building/lodge/bar to the rooms?

Apparently my cat is going into heat. I put her in the bathroom where her litterbox is and my girlfriend let her out only to notice her butt was wet. Gross.

Debating what I should do tomorrow considering I work. Either A) hope I wake up early enough and leave before the snow hits and just hang out on my laptop at work before I clock in or B) stay at home until I would normally leave with the chance of being able to call off because the alley where my truck is parked won't be plowed probably.

[quote name='Maklershed']Its snowing! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Already have 1/2" on the grass...paved surfaces seem to be ok.

Now to light the fireplace and curl up with a good game...someone recommend something. Anything!

Enslaved!

Also - Portal 2, Alan Wake, Bulletstorm, Dead Space 2, Just Cause 2, Mirrors Edge, Splinter Cell Conviction, or more of Fallout: New Vegas

Here's hoping I can get ready for work before it starts sticking to roads. There's a little on the grass, but not much yet. Today is going to suck though, I can just feel it.

Well, at least if I leave before much of it falling, I can maybe avoid shoveling some of it at the house.

Of course, this is the weekend that the cops picked (a while ago apparently) to crack down on any and all traffic violations. If I wasn't already paranoid, that'll do it right there.

Interesting, another OTTer with a birthday. That makes like four this week. I'm so making jajangmyeon tonight and possibly watch Castway on the Moon again.

My first thought was surprise at seeing what I thought was a new OTT thread.
Then disbelief, "There's no way they got this up to twelve pages in just one day"

Then realization. This is the same old thread just a new name.

fucking hell. Left for work early (killing time at the local subway until 4pm). But I checked my schedule and noticed they have the holiday hours up. Granted, I won't know for another week or two what hours I work, but the store itself is opening up at midnight on Black Friday. 4am was bad enough last year. Considering half our cart attendants are minors, I just know I'm going to get stuck with the midnight shift. So much for trying to spend time with the family on Thanksgiving.

Did anyone watch Grimm on NBC last night?

Was filmed in Portland and part of it in the hospital where I work.
Wife watched part of it and thought it was "ok." Not exactly high praise. I was at work and probably wouldnt even have watched it if I was home.

Or maybe watched it from around the corner of my :ds:

bread's done
Back