OTT Expert Analysis: How the Rangers choked away another World Series

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Aren't you trying to collect dogtags for MW3 or something? That's why I asked; didn't think you'd be doing both and I remember you saying the servers were down... so I was confused and wondering if you were doing both or what. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Trying to collect Battlefield 3 dog tags from the Dr Pepper promotion. If I drink soda though I normally drink Diet Mt Dew here at work (not Dr Pepper) in lieu of coffee therefore I've been collecting MW3 codes. I don't intend to use them however.

BF3 = Dr Pepper

MW3 = Mt Dew

[quote name='flowery']So after two and a half years since graduating I was offered a job today. I am in shock.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. I recently moved up within Gallup after doing phone surveys for nearly eight years. Having an actual, well-paying, full-time job is pretty awesome.

Just need 1 more code and I'll have all the Dr Pepper unlockables. :whee:

Thanks again h3llbring3r!

Unrelated: I just found out I hate chitlins.

So it looks like I'm going to visit a friend in Massachusetts in like the 2nd or 3rd week in December. If we go to Boston for a day what's the best thing to do? I've never been there.

Hmm... Fry's still has not called about the fightstick I asked them to transfer from their other store...I'm going to be livid if some employee about the shit instead of transferring one of them to my local store.

I asked this before but didn't get an answer. Maybe it's just a no. But does anyone here get the @Gamer magazine? I'd like that coupon that allows you to get Batman:AA for $10. Is anyone not using it?

I dunno why but my spidey sense is telling me MW3 isn't going to be as good as Black Ops. That and Skyrim will be good but feel like a step backwards in gameplay from Fallout 3.

I hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='Chika']AWESOME! I have a 2nd or 3rd cousin on the Lightening. I'm a HUGE hockey fan, if you couldn't tell;) And I just went to a Rangers-Devils preseason game last month, it was *awesome*

Yep. You'll enjoy it. Have a great time for me, I'm jealous![/QUOTE]

It will be my first NHL game after numerous at the AHL level. From what someone at work said, the pace is waaaay faster so it should be really exciting.

No fucking way on KD playing flag football.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I dunno why but my spidey sense is telling me MW3 isn't going to be as good as Black Ops. That and Skyrim will be good but feel like a step backwards in gameplay from Fallout 3.

I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Stop mashing the keyboard.

[quote name='seanr1221']Stop mashing the keyboard.[/QUOTE]

n jfrjn/egrijn/egriegrijo/egvijo/egrwkopegrwijopfvjnoegroijewrghougt3pji'o0uegrwhjoi

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I dunno why but my spidey sense is telling me MW3 isn't going to be as good as Black Ops. That and Skyrim will be good but feel like a step backwards in gameplay from Fallout 3.

I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

well, you're 1/2, most likely. thanks, captain clairvoyant!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Just because you stink at it blah blah blah blah.[/QUOTE]

Best stats of any COD game yet. It was boring, unbalanced, and shitty.

[quote name='seanr1221']Congrats on the job, Flowey.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Number83']Grats, Flowery. Welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life![/QUOTE]

[quote name='prmononoke']Congratulations. I recently moved up within Gallup after doing phone surveys for nearly eight years. Having an actual, well-paying, full-time job is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I want to hurry up and move and start now.

My background check came back clean today so tomorrow I can discuss a start date. I wonder if I am not going to get drug tested though. If they haven't mentioned it yet I am guessing they wouldn't wait to hire me and then drug test me. It would crazy to think this whole time I could have been smoking with nothing to worry about.

[quote name='flowery']Thanks. I want to hurry up and move and start now.

My background check came back clean today so tomorrow I can discuss a start date. I wonder if I am not going to get drug tested though. If they haven't mentioned it yet I am guessing they wouldn't wait to hire me and then drug test me. It would crazy to think this whole time I could have been smoking with nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

There is a good chance you will get drug tested. My job didn't mention it and then called and emailed me on the same day saying (in so many words) "Go tomorrow or you don't get the job." Obviously, I don't work where you're going to so I wouldn't know for sure, but you should expect it. At the least, get some shit to pass if you can't.

Oh and the Canes won. Seats were awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eviltude']There is a good chance you will get drug tested. My job didn't mention it and then called and emailed me on the same day saying (in so many words) "Go tomorrow or you don't get the job." Obviously, I don't work where you're going to so I wouldn't know for sure, but you should expect it. At the least, get some shit to pass if you can't.[/QUOTE]

I have been clean since I graduated 2 1/2 years ago so no worries. It will just be funny to me if I don't get tested and they end up not testing ever.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ordered Dazed and Confused and The Thin Red Line on Blu from the Barnes & Noble Criterion Sale. Hopefully I can pick up some more before the end of the sale.

My friend has been without a job since January 1 of this year. I called him today to tell him that my brother, a manager, had a job available and to fill out an online application. This dude rarely smokes but he came over and told me he got high twenty minutes before I called. #-o

My brother told him to use the synthetic piss but he's too much of a puss.

Morning, OTT.

What's it like to have electricity? It's been so long I forget.

On the positive side, when the power does come back I think I can set the thermostat to 54 degrees and we'll all be used to it. Can save some $ that way.

It's currently 52 in my house. I have yet to turn the heat on this fall. I think I'm going to aim to not turn it on until the New Year.

I would freeze if my house was 54 degrees. My heater broke one night and the house was at 55. It was horrible.

Overnight, the temp in the house dipped below 50. It wasn't so bad because I was cuddled up next to Mrs. Number83 and Nos. 84 and 85. Glad we bought the King Bed all those years ago.

We'll open all the windows today and let the heat in. Hopefully power will be restored. If not, we'll do it again tonight. :D

[quote name='seanr1221']Throat feels terrible.

Hope I don't have strep.[/QUOTE]

The good news? Strep is *extremely* rare in people over the age of 20 or so. Doesn't mean you don't have a throat infection, but strep is highly unlikely.

[quote name='Chika']The good news? Strep is *extremely* rare in people over the age of 20 or so. Doesn't mean you don't have a throat infection, but strep is highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. 2 of my clients have it so it was my first worry.

After sniping a helicopter pilot in the head and having the vehicle crash into a mountain, killing everyone inside, I sort of like BF3 more. Although I felt I should have got 1,000,000 XP for that money shot.

[quote name='munch']From the looks of that article, it sounds like EA was doing all the shit talking.[/QUOTE]

They were, thats why its so funny how they're being all nice all of a sudden right before MW3 is going to come out.

Playing Darksiders. The "helper spirit" points out the giant spider in the room, telling me I can't deal with him now and need to find another way. Cue 30 minutes of me trying to figure out where else to go. Check gamefaqs the next morning and realize I need to hit the "time slow" switch in order to go past him.

Ugh.

And the almost 4 year old is still wearing her cat (Baby Jaguar!) costume.

I could have sworn I ordered Uncharted 3 with release date delivery, but I still haven't gotten it yet? Has anyone else experienced this?

[quote name='TheRock88']For you mid/east coasters out there who always keep hearing about how In N Out is so awesome but it's only available in the west coast, this website will ship you 2 Double Doubles for the low price of $50! (not including $6 shipping).

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/30...ebsite-will-overnight-you-two-double-doubles/

I love In n Out but that's just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of when Marten sent Brak a Big Mac.

bread's done
Back