OUTPOST SONY 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Media MSX-M4GS $99.99

Are these just as good as the Sandisk Gaming line of Pro Duos? I heard the Ultra II and Ultra III were top of the line but those are for professional photographers. But as far as speed is concerned, are these as good as the Sandisk Gaming line (the clear, colored, see-thru Pro Duos).

P.S. Why is only 3.66 gb available? I know that the actual space is alittle less than what is advertised (ie. my 32mb card has 30 mb of actual space) but 3.66 is really small. Thats only .91 percent of the space listed when other cards have .94 of the space.

[quote name='icecubedx5']Are these just as good as the Sandisk Gaming line of Pro Duos? I heard the Ultra II and Ultra III were top of the line but those are for professional photographers. But as far as speed is concerned, are these as good as the Sandisk Gaming line (the clear, colored, see-thru Pro Duos).

P.S. Why is only 3.66 gb available? I know that the actual space is alittle less than what is advertised (ie. my 32mb card has 30 mb of actual space) but 3.66 is really small. Thats only .91 percent of the space listed when other cards have .94 of the space.[/QUOTE]

Sandisk are considered better, they are a liitle slower, but still 2nd to SanDisk
btw there is no difference the gaming version of the cards they are all the same.
Personally I'd pass on this & wait till the SanDisk are back in stock.

3.66 GB is also correct.
like 2 GB cards are actually 1.8 GB
1GB are 800 MB etc...

[quote name='icecubedx5']Are these just as good as the Sandisk Gaming line of Pro Duos? I heard the Ultra II and Ultra III were top of the line but those are for professional photographers. But as far as speed is concerned, are these as good as the Sandisk Gaming line (the clear, colored, see-thru Pro Duos).

P.S. Why is only 3.66 gb available? I know that the actual space is alittle less than what is advertised (ie. my 32mb card has 30 mb of actual space) but 3.66 is really small. Thats only .91 percent of the space listed when other cards have .94 of the space.[/QUOTE]

Giga-byte literally means 1 billion bytes. But since computers use the binary system, a gigabyte doesnt = 1 billion bytes, its 2^30, which ends up being more than 1 billion bytes. Thats why you always have "less" than the advertised space, since the mem card ppl advertise the card using the decimal system but the computer uses binary. And as for the percentage being different with your 32 mb stick. As you go higher in the space of the mem card, the difference between the binary and decimal gets larger. 1 kb=1024(2^10) instead of 1000, 1mb=1048576(2^20) isntead of 1000000.

anyone got an email confirmation from outpost.com? I still have not got the confirmation email. Also, it says "Call for Availability". Anyone called?

Thanks

To Clarify,

Basically, on the product info page, the "Call for availibility link" on the bottem, http://shop4.outpost.com/template/search/explain_ship#preorder, redirects you to look at preorder.

THIS MEANS THAT Outpost.com doesn't have any instock yet and are awaiting the shipment straight from sony. Once the recieve the Pro Duos, Outpost will then Bill you and ship it to you depending on which kind of shipment you decided on.

--AzN_PlaYEr

Actually, call for avalibility means that it's back ordered, not that it's a pre order. It means what you say, but the link is probably just wrong since the entry regarding call for avalibility is right above pre order.

And Last I ordered from outpost, I didn't recive any email confirmation until "after" I recived my order. I guess it's just them screwing around, outpost isn't excatly the best niternet vendor out there.

Ok, i just got in on this...was pissed about missing the $105 deal, so I feel much better now!

OP...THANK YOU!!! Much appreciated...

[quote name='skinsfan56la']Hmmm when is the 8 gig coming out? (If there is one...)[/quote]

8 gig has been out for about a month. Unfortunately it costs almost a grand. You can buy 10 4 gigs for the same price, plus the PSP can only currently read 4gb.

Deal's off. It literally jumped from 99.99 to $129.99 between my clicks. That's what I get for thinking about it all day today.

[quote name='Watchman']Deal's off. It literally jumped from 99.99 to $129.99 between my clicks. That's what I get for thinking about it all day today.[/QUOTE]

If there's one thing you should learn from this site is that you should never think.

Someone should probably edit the title of this thread.

Does anyone else think that the rash of good deals on memory sticks may be a sign of things to come?

[quote name='icruise']Someone should probably edit the title of this thread.

Does anyone else think that the rash of good deals on memory sticks may be a sign of things to come?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The recent good deals have been because there have been enough PSP owners out there to make the memory stick buying crowd reach critical mass and enabling cheaper cards. However, with the PSP only able to see a max of 4gb, there is going to be a massive drop off and that 8gb is going to stay at a high price.

That is, unless they come up with a way to let the PSP see more than 4gb. However, the only people that those sticks are worthwhile for are 1.5 users, so it's a moot point. If anyone wanted to use it for MP3s and videos, they'd be better served spending their 200 bucks on an ipod or zen.

[quote name='Leggo']Nope. The recent good deals have been because there have been enough PSP owners out there to make the memory stick buying crowd reach critical mass and enabling cheaper cards. However, with the PSP only able to see a max of 4gb, there is going to be a massive drop off and that 8gb is going to stay at a high price.

That is, unless they come up with a way to let the PSP see more than 4gb. However, the only people that those sticks are worthwhile for are 1.5 users, so it's a moot point. If anyone wanted to use it for MP3s and videos, they'd be better served spending their 200 bucks on an ipod or zen.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly, depending on the size of PSX games when they are released on memory card, space could become a bigger issue.

Well shoot, my order is on backorder. Does anyone have any ordering history with Outpost, i.e. how long backorders can take or if they cancel your oder after awhile?

bread's done
Back