outstanding RPG for PS3

WarPSycho

CAGiversary!
Hello I am wonder what are some good PS3 RPGs

I dont have a ps3 yet, but Im about to get one soon,

So far I know that I am going to get Valkyrie Chronicles

I think I am going to get Dragon Age as well when it comes out, but what are so other RPGs out for the PS3
The more obscure titles the better.

also I was getting a ps3 for FF13 if anyone cares to know why i've been waiting so long

Demon's Soul is excellent.
Also, Oblivion is a must buy if you haven't played it yet.
Eternal Sonata and if it comes out on the PS3, Tales of Vespira are also really nice.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3 and Demon's Souls would be my suggestions.[/QUOTE]
Agreed on the Fallout 3....wasn't really thinking of that as an RPG...but IMO, Fallout 3 is the best game so far in this generation, hands down...and the best value...you will play it a LOOOOONG long time.

[quote name='blader16']Borderlands is a cartoonish fallout 3 with co-op and shit-loads of more weapons.[/QUOTE]

Seems a shitload less RPG imo as well. It leans heavily on it's shooting mechanics (it is a Gearbox title), still - I hope it rocks!

In this order:
Valkyria Chronicles
Fallout 3/Oblivion GOTY editions
Eternal Sonata

I would check and make sure the PS3 version of Dragon Age is up to snuff before doing a blind buy of it, given the track record of PC first games being ported to PS3. Demon's Souls is REALLY HARD so I don't know if that would be a good investment. Borderlands was my second-worst game of PAX so I would not recommend it.

If the Tales of Vesperia PS3 port is brought over to the US, you should most definately get that.

ive seen my friend play Fallout 3, didnt seem too fun,

but so far this is my list

Valkyrie Chronicles
Eternal Sonata

and the ones coming out

White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia

but I am thinking of Fallout 3 too, to me it seems liek a stylized fps well when I saw my friend play it
Borderland seems iffy

Ill think about Oblivion though

and isnt Demon Soul an action game?

and I will take MSUHitman's advice on dragon age though

Demon's Souls is about as RPG as it gets, IMO. If by action you mean NOT turn based. But it terms of character depth, upgrades, weapons, enemies, settings, story etc... it is hardcore RPG. It is in no way an action game... if you play it as such it will be instant death.

Fallout can be played like a FPS... but it will be a bit clunky and isn't designed as such.

All depends on your definition of RPG and what you are looking for. Based on what is a "definite" for you, perhaps turn based is more your style.

well rpg to me is character creating or customizing and a good story

ill look into demon's soul then
i thought demon's soul was like Devil May Cry
tbh i havnt really looked into demon's soul except for the pictures

good thread. i bought VC AWHILE back but havent started it yet. I know this is gonna take time. I didnt know demons souls was an RPG. looked like a diablo type of game without all the clicking. thinking about getting this one.

[quote name='Poor2More']Demon Souls is fucken awesome, extremely deep RPG, and pleas bro dont compare it to that Devil May Cry garbage[/QUOTE]

He said all he saw of it was screen shots and he'll look more into it now, calm the fuck down.

[quote name='shadowkast']more of an action rpg but Folklore can be had on the cheap[/QUOTE]

I always wanted to play Folklore, it came out before I had a PS3.

I think the amount of RPG games on consoles this generation is sad. If you want a good RPG get a handheld. PSP and DS have so many.

I wonder why there aren't many JRPGs out for PS3 though. I am kind of disappointed about that. There are a few on the horizon, but does anyone have an idea as to why there aren't many JRPGs on the system?

Tales went to Wii and 360, no Persona for PS3 as of yet.

I am interested in Atelier Rorona, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and Final Fantasy XIII, but those are all slated for 2010.

[quote name='Jackal888']I always wanted to play Folklore, it came out before I had a PS3.

I think the amount of RPG games on consoles this generation is sad. If you want a good RPG get a handheld. PSP and DS have so many.[/QUOTE]
Yea theres seems to be very few RPGs on any console,

ill look into Folklore
this suggestion is great cause these are the obscure titles im looking for lol

[quote name='WarPSycho']Yea theres seems to be very few RPGs on any console[/QUOTE]

Not to be a troll, but the 360 has plenty of decent (I didn't say great, fanboys) RPGs that are out right now.

bread's done
Back